Menu

How do you "wrap" tickets??

All three of our girls are getting tickets to an event for Christmas. We are trying to think of a clever and fun way to wrap/give them because that's the only thing they're getting, and I want it to be really exciting! I know they'll be excited even if we just hand them an envelope, but I'd love for it to be more memorable. We're thinking of making the younger two a countdown poster since their tickets are to a concert on January 22nd.

Any ideas??

Last year I gave my kids passes to Carowinds. I got a magazine and cut out letters, then mounted them to cardboard type materials with glue. I gave them individual 9 letters of Carowinds mixed in with the 6 letters of Passes and made them spell it out without having a clue as to what it was.

Not overly exciting, but they liked it.

No ideas but make sure they can't accidentally rip the tickets while opening!

I had the same thought! It won't be the actual tickets (should have said that in my OP). It'll be a printed version or something like that.

Last year I gave my kids passes to Carowinds. I got a magazine and cut out letters, then mounted them to cardboard type materials with glue. I gave them individual 9 letters of Carowinds mixed in with the 6 letters of Passes and made them spell it out without having a clue as to what it was.

Not overly exciting, but they liked it.

That's a good idea. I think my oldest would love that.

Put them in an envelope inside another envelope inside a box inside a bigger box inside a bigger box inside a bigger box until you have the largest box that will fit in your house. :D Haven't done that since before my son was born. Hmmmmm

This, and tape the envelope to a box of chocolates or one of their favorite treats that they don't get very often.

I wrap tickets in several different ways:

* I put them inside a cinder block, boxed the block, and wrapped the box. For this to work, you need a packing box, not a gift box.

* I put them inside a clean Pringle's can, and wrapped it. Virtually any container will work. This year, I'll use a box of macaroni and cheese, tickets hidden by macaroni, box taped.

* I put them in an envelope, put that in a box, put that box in another box, and put the whole shooting max in another box. Each box was wrapped. That time, one of the boxes had something that made noise when DS shook it.

* I put them inside a snake can and wrapped it. My DS expects to get a snake can every year, so I know he'll play the trick on someone in the family on Christmas Day, and find the tickets.

DS3 expects to get tickets to the Red Sox for either Christmas or his birthday. This is how I make sure he doesn't know which package contains the tickets.

Edited by RoughCollie

Put them in an envelope inside another envelope inside a box inside a bigger box inside a bigger box inside a bigger box until you have the largest box that will fit in your house. :D Haven't done that since before my son was born. Hmmmmm

This, and tape the envelope to a box of chocolates or one of their favorite treats that they don't get very often.

:iagree: Or put them in an envelope inside the box of something really boring or that they didn't want--wrapped in an ugly shirt, maybe? Freecycle might be helpful there :tongue_smilie:

Can you put them in a cute gift box from the dollar store and then place the box on the lap of a stuffed animal? You could loosely wrap the whole thing in tissue paper and put it inside a pretty gift bag and it would look kind of fancy, especially if you put some curly ribbon on the handles of the bag.

I love the box in a box in a box thing- maybe put something in each box that relates to the tickets- a $5 Starbucks card for coffee on the way, a box of candy for a treat, a coupon for a souvenir at the venue, etc.

Dd just saw Beiber last night- tickets to his show would be fun to wrap because you could give some subtle hints along the way.

I love giving tickets for gifts- experiences are remembered for years...a gift is often forgotten.

I'm mean.

I'd make them go on a scavenger hunt and answer math problems at each step before they could get to the next clue.

Like, start at X spot, solve problem, take that many ___x___ steps to the left to find the next clue...

Ooooh, I like this one, too. Then have them wrapped in a box, in a box, in a box etc. at the end. Or have the clues wrapped nicely, then coated in clear packing tape so they are tough to open. You could make it last all day!! :lol: :lol: <--- that's me laughing like an evil maniac.

I think I might do this with some of my kids' gifts, too. :D Grandma and Grandpa will be here. They can show off their school skills at the same time as getting a gift!!

I purchased puzzle boxes for about $10 each for my boys, they hold money, tickets or gift cards. I put them away with the Christmas decorations each year are reuse them.

I also like to wrap and wrap and wrap small gifts. They kids seem to enjoy the unwrapping.

Another idea I heard is hide the tickets in another gifts.

Once when I was 6 or 7 my "fake" uncle sent me a box from overseas. He is military (my grandfather was military and they kinda adopted him). He got all the guys in his unit to give him their socks with holes and he put them all in this HUGE box. So I had to wade through all these hole-y socks to find my gift.

We gave my MIL tickets to a basketball game once. What we did was to put the tickets in an envelope, in between two wooden blocks. Then we taped the blocks together, wrapped that, and placed inside several other boxes, all wrapped.

When she went to open it, we turned on the sort of theme song to the team and told her she had to find the gift before the song was over. It took her a while to figure out to take the blocks apart, and we all had a lot of fun. She knew what it was going to be once the song started playing, but still the process was fun for all of us.

ETA: if one of the sets is to a concert, could you get a CD by that performer (or poster, etc.) and somehow put the tickets inside? Open the CD, place the tickets inside the little booklet that has the lyrics and such, and when they open the CD to listen to it/look at it, there are the tickets? Or taped to the back of the poster, or something like that?

They have little puzzle thingys on the market. One year my parents put cash inside it, and it's got a little ball you have to wiggle around to unlock the puzzle before you can get to what's inside. Wish I knew what it was called!

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/a82b/

http://www.amazon.com/Bilz-Obstacle-puzzle-money-certificates/dp/B000S0TNF0

http://www.seriouspuzzles.com/smoneypuz.asp

Kinda seems to defeat the purpose if the box is transparent, though, no?

You could always sandwich the tickets between two $1 bills, though.

However you decide to wrap it, when we've given tickets, we've usually included a flyer, brochure, etc. about the event.

When I buy my kids tickets to events for Christmas I usually buy something that represents what we are going to see and have them open that. I took my oldest to see "A Christmas Carol" last year so I bought a snow globe that has Christmas carolers dressed in clothing like that in the play. It also reminded me of the scene in the movie when the kids are caroling in front of Scrooges office.

When I took the girls to the "Nutcracker" I bought them each a nutcracker and wrapped those. I didn't want anything happening to the tickets.

Kelly

All three of our girls are getting tickets to an event for Christmas. We are trying to think of a clever and fun way to wrap/give them because that's the only thing they're getting, and I want it to be really exciting! I know they'll be excited even if we just hand them an envelope, but I'd love for it to be more memorable. We're thinking of making the younger two a countdown poster since their tickets are to a concert on January 22nd.

Any ideas??

Is it all to the same event or different events? One year we took the kids to Disney World as their gift, I sent them on a hunt around the house. They had to find clues to where we were going. They didn't know until they had all the clues but boy were they excited when they did! I blogged about it:

http://anchoracademy.blogspot.com/2008/12/kids-big-present-this-year.html

Oh, youngest was 8, so others were 10 and 14.

Make a "hunt" with clues? (Just read and realized you'd already done that).

Puzzle box?

Pick something related to the concert (little plastic violin or microphone or whatever) and tie it to it.

Fill a whole bunch of balloons and put the tickets inside. They have to pop them until they find the envelope with their own name.

My Mom and DD got me good. We're experts at wrapping things to look like something else. Last year they re-used a Gingerbread House making kit box and put a t-shirt in it. The shirt was taped down so it couldn't move around when I shook it. The rest of the space was filled up with shredded paper. Heavy on the bottom, light on the top and house shaped? I had no idea what was in it until I unwrapped it!

If you're going to give each of them the tickets gift then I would suggest wrapping the each ticket three different ways. Another idea is to make a treasure hunt of it. Take one piece of paper, write a clue on it, and then cut the clue int three pieces. Wrap up and put the three boxes under the tree. When they open their boxes they put the clue together that takes them to another clue. Don't go more than seven spots for clues before getting to the prize. This can either really ramp them up so they are very happy with the gift or they get disappointed that it's not "bigger".

I didn't see the ages for your kids, but I do strongly suggest a small physical gift in addition to the tickets. It could even be related to the tickets. That way your girls won't get a little sad thinking they didn't get a "real" gift.

I'm seriously taking notes!! Great ideas!!

My Mom and DD got me good. We're experts at wrapping things to look like something else. Last year they re-used a Gingerbread House making kit box and put a t-shirt in it. The shirt was taped down so it couldn't move around when I shook it. The rest of the space was filled up with shredded paper. Heavy on the bottom, light on the top and house shaped? I had no idea what was in it until I unwrapped it!

If you're going to give each of them the tickets gift then I would suggest wrapping the each ticket three different ways. Another idea is to make a treasure hunt of it. Take one piece of paper, write a clue on it, and then cut the clue int three pieces. Wrap up and put the three boxes under the tree. When they open their boxes they put the clue together that takes them to another clue. Don't go more than seven spots for clues before getting to the prize. This can either really ramp them up so they are very happy with the gift or they get disappointed that it's not "bigger".

I didn't see the ages for your kids, but I do strongly suggest a small physical gift in addition to the tickets. It could even be related to the tickets. That way your girls won't get a little sad thinking they didn't get a "real" gift.

Yep, I thought about that! The two younger girls, ages 9 and 6, are getting Justin Bieber concert tickets. I'm going to give them a JB tshirt and JB toothbrush along with their tickets. My oldest is getting tickets to Universal so she can go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I'm going to get her a tshirt and some kind of HP themed candy to open with her tickets.