Menu

Help with the fall TV listings please. What are you watching?

Mondays: we are watching: Bones on Fox at 7C, The Voice on NBC at 7C and Revolutions on NBC at 9C. All of these have already started. Obviously we have to DVR some.

Wednesday: Supernatural Oct. 3 at 8C.

Thursdays: Vampire Diaries on the CW starting Oct. 11 at 7C. Grey's Anatomy on ABC starting Sept. 27 at 8C.

Fridays: Grimm at 8C and Fringe 9C both on Fox.

We will also watch DWTS but don't quite know when it starts yet.

Your list sounds similar to ours. :)

Mondays: Bones, Revolution (it was good!), Hawaii 5-O

Tuesdays: Not sure if we'll watch anything, but we're trying Go On

Wednesdays: Supernatural, and I think we're going to try Nashville

Thursdays: Big Bang Theory, Person of Interest

Fridays: Grimm, Blue Bloods

There are also things we watch on cable networks that don't follow a "fall" season, like Burn Notice and Alphas.

The three shows dh and I make a point of watching as soon as we can are Castle, Touch, and New Girl. The other ones (Glee for both of us, and Grey's & Parenthood for me) are pretty low on the list and often are only half-heartedly watched. We don't have much time to watch TV when the kids are asleep and we are awake enough to watch, but when dh doesn't have a ton of papers to grade, so we've become picky. Revolution looks interesting, but I just don't have time.

Well, we stupidly went on vacation during premiere week (dumb us), but we like The Voice on Mondays, Parenthood (puffy heart love) on Tuesdays, Modern Family and The Middle on Wednesdays, The Office/30 Rock/Parks and Rec. on Thursdays, and Boardwalk Empire/Game of Thrones/Simpsoms/Family Guy on Sundays. I really want to watch Revolution. It looked awesome, but I missed it tonight since we are stupidly on vacation.

Sunday

Once Upon a Time - I could take or leave this one as I'm not too thrilled with it. DH; however, seems to like it.

Monday

Bones

How I Met Your Mother - DVR'd but not always watched. I'm so over this show.

Mike & Molly - Meh. This is DH's show and I'll watch it if I'm awake but otherwise, I don't seek it out.

Tuesday

Raising Hope

Wednesday

CSI

I may DVR Animal Practice just to see how it is but I'm not sure it'll stick long-term.

Thursday

The Big Bang Theory

Two and a Half Men

The Vampire Diaries

Friday

Grimm

Others that I or we watch when they're on:

White Collar

True Blood

Game of Thrones - Didn't really love this one after the first season. I don't know if I even watched 5 full episodes of season two. DH loved it though.

Mountain Men

Sister Wives

Cake Boss

Anger Management

Tanked

Dexter - Though my brother copies it for me since we don't have Showtime.

I don't know when shows are on.

We'll be watching Cincinnati Reds baseball (C'mon Redlegs!) and as much College Football as we can consume (Go Buckeyes!).

We DVR Hawaii Five-0 (Mondays?), Royal Pains, and Burn Notice. We'll catch Big Bang Theory when we can. We'll watch Sherlock too.

I don't think we have any other shows right now, which is good, because I'm trying to limit my TV. Football and Reds is a lot as it is!

We watch Once Upon A Time. Right now, we are watching a show everyday to revisit the season and get ready for the premier. It's something dd and I can watch together.

I like Shark Tank, Survivor, American Idol when it's on, and So You THink You Can Dance, which just finished. We also like Gordon Ramsey's cooking shows, but dd doesn't like Hell's Kitchen as much because it's catty/bad language.

We only have regular TV, no cable.

Monday: DWTS, Hawaii Five O(both of these start on Sept. 24)

Tuesday: DWTS, NCIS, NCIS:LA, Vegas(new show)-all these start Sept. 25

Wednesday: X Factor(already started last week), Nashville(starts Oct. 10)

Thursday: X Factor(already started)

Friday: Last Man Standing(Nov 2), Malibu Country(Nov. 2), Blue Bloods(Sept 28_

Sunday: The Mentalist(Sept 30)

Edited by ugamom11

Of new shows, I really liked The Mindy Project, which had dh and I cracking up.

Also, Revolution has some promise.

Grimm, Revenge, Castle, Fringe, and Vampire diaries are my returning dramas. New Girl, Parks and Recreation, Modern Family and Up All Night are my returning comedies.

ETA: Oh, and Doctor Who, of course. Duh. Also Downton when PBS gets it.

The only "current" shows we watch (current meaning with still new episodes even if not now) are:

White Collar

Big Bang Theory

Burn Notice

Falling Skies

Mythbusters

and occasionally Suits, but we're way behind on that. We used to watch Royal Pains, but have since lost interest (about a season or two ago). We used to watch Monk, but then they ended it. :glare:

I just taped Revolution to see if we want to watch it. We tape everything to watch. Otherwise, commercials would drive me batty!

Revolution sounds promising, but I don't know if it will match Falling Skies for our interests. Time will tell.

Nothing else we've heard of or or seen a little bit of even remotely interests us, so we're catching up on some of the older shows like Quincy and Columbo and we love travel shows like Globetrekker. I guess we're kind of picky. :D

I'm not really sure about which dates some of these come one

Amazing Race

New Wife

DWTS (starts Monday to the person who wasn't sure)

Castle

Glee

New Girl

Bones (well we will DVR season 8 while awaiting 7 on dvd because we watched 1-6 this summer and my sister says we cannot skip the season)

Dr. Who

Survivor

Eureka

I don't know if I will try anything new this year. We really don't have time to get attached to a show that the network will axe halfway through the season.

With the exception of Jeopardy a couple of times a week, I rarely watch anything live and, consequently, don't usually know what night anything airs. We have programmed on the DVR, though:

Grimm

30 Rock

History Detectives

Psych

The New Girl

Smash (This one and The New Girl are really just for my daughter and me.)

Downton Abbey (not until January, sadly)

Vampire Diaries (one of my guilty pleasures)

My son and husband also watch:

White Collar

Warehouse 13

Burn Notice

Summer series we enjoy:

Bunheads

Suits

I have no idea when anything is on anymore. We cancelled our satellite and got Hulu Plus. My shows this fall:

Bones

Grimm

Modern Family

The New Normal

Go On

The Daily Show

Xena (new to DD and we're watching together)

Once Upon a Time

I might check out the new Beauty and the Beast

Others on odd season times:

Sherlock

Downton Abbey

We have to buy all of our shows on iTunes since none of them air here so we have to REALLY like it.

I completely forgot about Downton Abbey! I'm trying to wait patiently.

I don't know when shows are on.

We'll be watching Cincinnati Reds baseball (C'mon Redlegs!) and as much College Football as we can consume (Go Buckeyes!).

The Buckeyes tend to be the only football we watch here. Sometimes we will watch other games (usually PAC12) but the Bucks come first. Baseball is on here at times, but only the Angels, and rarely a Dodgers game for ds#1.

Mondays: The Voice (which I will watch all season, but will do a lot of skipping through once the blind auditions are done), Bones (which I hope I like better than last season. :glare: Bones was the biggest jerk pregnant I've ever seen.) Oh, and DWTS (which I skip through a bit, too. It's not my favorite, but it's interesting enough. I like the dances.)

Tuesdays: Private Practice (which at this point I'm just watching because I've watched this far. It's a little too raunchy for me usually. Hoping they go ahead and end it after the rumored 13 episodes...)

Wednesdays: Survivor (one of the very few DH watches with me!), Criminal Minds (my favorite), and CSI (another favorite. I think they did a good thing bringing the new guy on last season.)

Thursdays: Grey's Anatomy, Scandal (which I'll have to watch further to decide for sure on.)

Fridays: CSI: NY (which I don't mind. It's not the original, but it's better than Miami :ack2: and I love NY, so...), America's Next Top Model (which already started)

Sundays: Amazing Race (only the 3rd season I've ever watched - I watched the first season and then the most recent one. I found the most recent one a bit disappointing in comparison - it was a lot more.... posh than the first one. a LOT), Once Upon a time (which I really thought would be cancelled. I'm kind of surprised it wasn't, honestly. But we'll see how it is - this is the only other one DH watches with me)

I also watch the Mentalist and enjoy it, but Idk what night it's on --- is it staying on Sundays? My calendar (yes, I wrote them all down on a calendar!) says it previews on a Sunday night.

I think that's everything.....

Edited by PeacefulChaos

I don't watch them on the night they air (we use Playon with a Roku box) but here is typically what I watch:

NCIS

NCIS LA

CSIs

Castle

Criminal Minds

Big Bang

Can you tell I am a crime show junkie????

I am a crime show junkie too :D

Monday - Hawaii Five-O

Tuesday - NCIS

NCIS LA

Vega (new - checking out)

Wednesday - Criminal Minds

CSI

Thursday - Person of Interest

Elementary (new - checking out)

Friday - CSI NY

Made in Jersey (new - checking out)

Blue Bloods