Menu

One of the twins is in bad shape, Parents are done in, I'm on Farm duty, prayers?

Hi everyone,

We thought the babes had stabilized and everything was going well. Then M, who was born at 28 weeks, came home from the hospital yesterday... he weighs just shy of 5 lbs. and was drinking from a bottle like a champ. He arrested at home. His momma was quickly able to bring him around. But, he's in the hospital again and they don't know yet what caused it. Possibilities include aspiration, but it will be some time before they determine the cause.

Sigh....

Momma and daddy are pretty well shredded. They just can hardly keep one foot in front of the other and of course, daddy is going to work every day because the last thing they need right now is losing his job and their health benefits. It's been nearly three months now and the company has been really flexible and compassionate. But, at some point, he has to work on his projects or they'll have to find someone else. So, he works and he's about as exhausted as he can be and still standing. Mommy is emotionally just...I don't know...honestly, why she isn't hiding in a closet, curled up in a fetal position, and catatonic, is a mystery to me because I think by now, if this were me, I'd be worthless.

Grandma called crying and is headed back to Al. She almost didn't go because she was afraid to ask me to take care of the farm again. Of course I want to help. I'm not going to turn her down. No way, no how. But, I do have to admit that I'm already overscheduled and this is going to make life a living h&ll for a couple of weeks. I'll figure it out and at this point, I may ask the youth pastor to find a couple of teens with driver's licenses that wouldn't mind some volunteer work to be trained to fill in...this would give both grandma and I a back-plan in the midst of the chaos.

I don't need prayers. Please, just expend that spiritual energy on this poor baby and his parents. His other twin is back on steroids because he is 35 weeks now and should be able to be off breathing assistance and isn't. He still cannot take very much stimulation so he isn't being held that much and it is also a cause for developmental concern. He weighs 4.5 lbs so his growth isn't an issue.

Sigh...they can't catch a break.

Thank you for your prayers!

Faith

Faith, anyone would be thankful to have a friend like you. I hope your friend's grandbaby pulls through. I've been following your posts and feel awful for the parents. I bet they don't know they have a whole group of strangers sending positive thoughts to those babies.

• 2 weeks later...