Menu

What your shoes say about you

Boots in the winter and flip flops in summer, even at work. I have horrible looking runner's feet but I go for the comfort of flip flops, anyway. It really is fun to show houses and see how many pairs of shoes people have! I rotate my running shoes so I seem to have a lot of those. There's a time for fancy shoes and mine has passed. :D

Conversely (haha! I made a shoe funny),

:lol: :lol: :lol:

in my previous multi-quote reply, I forgot to :lol: to that one.

Diamond has Green Lantern Converse. She also wore white size zero converse to her baptism as an infant. My mom just about lost her mind to see those underneath her the lovely christening gown. WOnder what the baby's shoes said about her parents? :lol: If I could have found or afforded white baby Dr. Martens she would have had those.

Mine say, "Having way too much fun!". I enjoy fun, cute shoes. I'm grateful to have painless feet and a size that's might be hard to find (women's 5 or kids 3) but are often on sale. :) I just bought a gorgeous pair of gold sandals with cool stones on the top from Nordstrom's in Atlanta. I never would have bought them at full price but were great on sale! They are adorable like some old Roman sandals.

Shoes are fun to me. They are fun to play with. :)

I don't know what mine have to do with anything= if it is dry and I am not walking long distances, I usually wear $20-29 dollar flip flops in the summer. If I wear a skirt, and I do often, I may wear pumps. I wear pumps more frequently in winter. If I am doing a lot of walking, I either wear athletic type of sandals (good traction which helps me not break my leg again) or $60 athletic walking shoes.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

in my previous multi-quote reply, I forgot to :lol: to that one.

Diamond has Green Lantern Converse. She also wore white size zero converse to her baptism as an infant. My mom just about lost her mind to see those underneath her the lovely christening gown. WOnder what the baby's shoes said about her parents? :lol: If I could have found or afforded white baby Dr. Martens she would have had those.

I wore purple Chucks with a white strapless dress to my junior prom. ;)

It's funny, I have a lot of shoes, but I'm barefoot unless law or weather requires footwear. Right now, I'm in my running shoes because I just came in from teaching strength training; they're Five Fingers, though, because I was running barefoot for a while but then stepped on a piece of glass. I figured I should have *something* between me and the pavement. (and they're good for lifting)

:lol: Mine say, she does not care about looks, only about comfort. I wear Birkenstocks because they make me walk straighter and my back feels way better. I have 2 pairs, a mule type and sandals. I am scanning online occasionally for a different style but made it through all of last year on 2 pairs. :D

My winter clogs are Bordeaux colored, and need to be polished because they are beat the heck up. But I love red shoes. I love red.

Me too. :) I don't have many shoes compared to some women. I probably own maybe 10 pairs in total, but I think 4 out of those are red. :)

What does it mean if you are barefoot as often as possible? :)

LOL I was wondering this too. I'm always barefoot once I come inside the house. Another reason I'm fond of sandaly type shoes. Easy on and off.

Mine say, "Having way too much fun!". I enjoy fun, cute shoes.

Shoes are fun to me. They are fun to play with. :)

I really like shoes too, but just can't afford them too often. I have no qualms about buying used handbags and clothes at a thrift store, but I draw the line at used shoes. It is a little too :ack2: for me.

My shoes say "I don't leave the house on the weekdays enough to justify replacing my scuffed up shoes." :tongue_smilie:

Can you polish them to remove the scuffs? That's a lot cheaper than a new pair. :)

From someone who owns well over 100 pairs of shoes, I wholeheartedly agree that your shoes say something about your personality. Not owning many pairs, however, says, "she doesn't care about her shoes." A lot of my shoes come from end of season clearance or yard sales. I have even bought flip flops at the dollar store. You don't have to spend a ton of money to have lots of shoes. And maybe that alone says something about my personality. Haha!

I think the income level thing is a stretch. My husband makes good money and we live without want for anything at all. I just choose to use the excess on other things rather than shoes. So my dollar store sandals don't necessarily mean I am a broke college student. KWIM?

Edited by Tree House Academy

Interesting. When I met dh, one of the first things I noticed were his work boots. Mmmmm:drool5: work boots with evidence that work has been happening in them! It's not much of a conscious thing, but I do like work boots that indicate "This man is a worker."

My shoes say, "Pfff! Who needs to bother with tying?"

I think my shoes say: "She has sweaty feet, an oft-broken (or healing) little toe, and spends all her money on her kids" since I wear $10 flip-flops 7 months out of the year. Unless I am running. My running shoes say "She doesn't run very often" since they look brand-new. My hiking shoes just try to squeal, "Don't loooook at meeee!" but no one hears them under all that mud.

:lol:

re: flip flops

has anyone ever had an allergic reaction to their flip flops? I had to throw mine out because they were burning the soles of my feet. As soon as I put them on the itching and burning would start.

I'm getting myself a pair of Chinese mary-janes next week. I wore them all though high school and found a stash at a store the other day!

AAAAAuoHjy0AAAAAAQ8F-w.jpg?v=1213438933000

has anyone ever had an allergic reaction to their flip flops? I had to throw mine out because they were burning the soles of my feet. As soon as I put them on the itching and burning would start.

That's happened to me one time when I bought a cheap pair of jelly type flip flops from Forever 21. I had to throw them away. Not only did I react to them, they were hard as rocks. :glare:

I'm getting myself a pair of Chinese mary-janes next week. I wore them all though high school and found a stash at a store the other day!

AAAAAuoHjy0AAAAAAQ8F-w.jpg?v=1213438933000

I used to wear those! Where'd you find them??

• 4 weeks later...

I have very small feet so I can only find children's shoes that fit me. My goal is to find shoes without glitter and barbie on them. What my shoes say about me - that's all I could find that look decent and so I don't have to go barefoot. :glare:

What my shoes say about me is that I have to buy shoes which will minimize my foot pain the most. If I am going out on a date with dh where it will be dinner and a movie, or something without a lot of walking, I will wear shoes that kill my fert but look nice.

I am so thankful to have found some Naots that actually are cute now. I love having nicer looking sandals.

My shoes say different things about me on different days. I have everything from 5 inch heels to fun and funky flip-flops to running shoes.

My favorite are the flip-flops in the summer and mules in the winter.

Real 5 inch heels? Or those awful platform things that can't go out of style soon enough? My opinion of you hinges on this answer.

As embarrassing as it is, I've been wearing a pair of my son's old running sneakers around all week because I've been doing yard work and cleaning out the basement non-stop. So this week, my shoes say that I'm a 13 year old boy.

Normally, I wear flip-flops or some other kind of sandal.

Mine says: shoes should be functional. I could care less about shoes. I don't even wear them most of the time (unless I go into a store or go hiking, etc.). I have very wide feet with crazy high arches. I don't abide by wearing shoes that have more form over function. I have a pair of huge worn sheepskin boots for winter, sandals with decent arch support (from walmart) for summer, and Mens' Adidas Sambas for everything else. I have some pretty heels I only take out to dress up. Unfortunately I never manage to pick shoes that match my clothes, so it's not unusual for me to dress up and wear peach high heels with a green dress. :lol:

I never look at other peoples' shoes, too. I just don't. So I wouldn't judge anyone by them unless I just happen to see something crazy and bright from their foot-area.

Edited by mommymilkies

Right now, mine say "Oh it's summer!! Old navy flip flops!" Occasionally I dress up and wear a blue fin or yellowbox.

In the winter they say "Really? Just sneakers??" I have a hard time finding winter shoes I like.

My dd's brown shoes say she's a naval aviator. My dad's black shoes said that he wasn't an aviator; he was surface warfare. Another dd's boots say that she's headed to the army. My oldest's water shoes say she's a creek boater. And then there are dd's and dh's fire boots...

Dem's alot boots dere. :D