Menu

May have found son's bio sister.

I took my little girls to a birthday party last week and another little guest asked my daughter's name. I told her and she said, "That's my friend's name, too. And she has a sister named ______.

M4 has a bio sister by that name and it is an unusual name, especially for a girl of her age. I told myself I would ask the little girl's mom next time I saw her. She is a casual acquaintance.

I saw her tonight so I asked her tonight about it and it really seems like it is her. Casual acquaintance said yes, _____ is adopted and yes, she does look like my DS.

I told her to pass on my email and we will see what happens!

But you don't know if the little girl's parents would be interested in forging a relationship, right? I think it is potentially a good thing but I'm just cautioning you that the it's going to come out of the blue a bit for the other parents.

I did tell my acquaintance that I know they might feel uncomfortable and that is okay. I gave my address instead of asking for theirs so the ball is in their court. I do know, though, via our social worker that they were interested in adopting our son and they verbalized that they believed the siblings should have a relationship.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

I did tell my acquaintance that I know they might feel uncomfortable and that is okay. I gave my address instead of asking for theirs so the ball is in their court. I do know, though, via our social worker that they were interested in adopting our son and they verbalized that they believed the siblings should have a relationship.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

My dad was adopted and raised knowing his bio sister. Their situation was different as their adoptive families were related. Technically she's his aunt, but the emphasis was more on their sibling relationship. Unfortunately they're not close, but I think it has more to do with my dad's personality than anything else.

I hope it works out well for your family.

I find it so amazing that 1) that you are in the same circle of acquaintances, 2) you both have daughters of the same name, 3) that the little girl you spoke to at the party would just randomly tell you her friend's sister's name. What a God thing!

Yes! We live about 30 minutes from each other. We both live in "the mountains." She just lives in a different mountain community than me. We are meeting in the main mountain community sometime next week. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We met today! She is so cute and they really look a lot alike. So bizarre how we have been so close all this time. We shop at the same grocery store and our girls play soccer on the same field.

We told DS about her beforehand but he doesn't quite understand. He had more fun playing with his sister's little sister.:D

We plan on meeting again soon.