Menu

Hot drinks (other than coffee, tea, chai) ...

I've never cared much for hot coffee (though I'd eat coffee ice cream any day), hot tea, or chai.

I do enjoy hot chocolate and, once in a while, I'll make a drink with black currant syrup and hot water.

I don't care to drink plain hot water or bouillon. Since I don't care for the taste of alcohol, hot toddies are not an option.

Please expand my horizons -- what other hot drinks do you enjoy?

Regards,

Kareni

I love tea, hot water w/lemon or honey, and broth so I wasn't sure what else to suggest until I remembered that my husband (who shares most of your dislikes) does like barley tea. It doesn't taste like "regular" tea, and it was still something that took a small bit of time for him to become okay with. He never drank it at my house (we drank it cold) but he was too polite to refuse it as a guest of others (we lived overseas and were frequent dinner guests) (where we lived, it was more commonly served hot, which he preferred).

There's always warm milk? My grandmother sometimes gave us hot soy milk with sugar, and I know many Americans IRL who offer their kids warm milk before bedtime. You could flavor it a million different ways beyond sugar, too - check out capella flavor drops.

I've never cared much for hot coffee (though I'd eat coffee ice cream any day), hot tea, or chai.

I do enjoy hot chocolate and, once in a while, I'll make a drink with black currant syrup and hot water.

I don't care to drink plain hot water or bouillon. Since I don't care for the taste of alcohol, hot toddies are not an option.

Please expand my horizons -- what other hot drinks do you enjoy?

Regards,

Kareni

Since I hate coffee I've had to be creative. I enjoy steamers - steamed milk with flavor, or tea lattes. I'm also a tea lover, so that helps. Perhaps you should explore different kinds of tea, there are so many.

What about herbals? There's no tea in them. I've been drinking a lot of honey chamomile lately. Have you tried green or white teas?

:iagree: There are a million flavors out there, so you could find just about anything you might want. I've been drinking Tulsi honey chamomile too. I also just bought Tazo Wild Orange (or something like that) and it's too citrus-y for me, but maybe I'm letting it steep too long.

Like broth -- miso soup! :001_smile:

Yummmmm! While I'm a coffee drinker I also enjoy herbal teas. After much experimenting I've discovered I don't care for the fruity types--too sweet for me. I like mint tea even though I don't like mint flavor in other things; cookies, candy. Kroger has a lemon mint that is good. I'm also currently enjoying Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Green Lemon Jasmine as well as Lipton White Tea Blueberry and Pomegranate which is light on the fruity sweetness.

Occasionally I'll even have hot water with some ground ginger and a squeeze of lime or lemon.

Have fun exploring!

Occasionally I'll even have hot water with some ground ginger and a squeeze of lime or lemon.

Have fun exploring!

That reminds me, for a while last fall I was doing hot water with turmeric, ginger, and other warm spices, a bit of maple syrup, and then something creamy to top it off.

Then I realized that I was having a reaction to the turmeric, so I stopped the entire concept until the itching subsided. And then forgot about trying it without the turmeric.

But the point is, you can mix up your own special blend. I was thinking of chai, but without the tea, when I was experimenting.