Menu

If you live in a country other than the United States...

This fascinates me. How do you like Qatar? I have considered that area as a place we would like to live.

We have been here 15 months now and love it. There are similar cultural/racial frustrations to what you have where you are but there is a huge expat community and teachers are paid really well. We have looked at other areas for "where to next?" but have not yet come up with anything that matches what we have here.

We have been here 15 months now and love it. There are similar cultural/racial frustrations to what you have where you are but there is a huge expat community and teachers are paid really well. We have looked at other areas for "where to next?" but have not yet come up with anything that matches what we have here.

Are you teaching there? I would love to know about other international educators on this board. I have a bit of wanderlust and the Middle East fascinates me. We are looking at Qatar, Abu Dhabi, and Dubai as possibilities.

Are you teaching there? I would love to know about other international educators on this board. I have a bit of wanderlust and the Middle East fascinates me. We are looking at Qatar, Abu Dhabi, and Dubai as possibilities.

My husband and I will be teaching in China next year. Dh is completing a seminary degree, and we will be teaching English at a university. I've had several years working as an international educator in schools in Africa, Portugal and South Korea. I really hope to get back into teaching at an international school when we leave China. We love the U.S, but Dh and I both have a lot of wanderlust and hope to raise our daughter overseas.