Menu

Ladies, if your DH is a geek

never, ever, under any circumstances let him find this website. :001_huh: If you see him stumble across it, pull the power cord, throw the monitor, have his mother call, do SOMETHING to keep him from being sucked in. Because he will be sucked in and you'll be hearing things like, "A chain mail shirt; how awesome is that?" or "Wow, REAL infrared night vision binoculars. They tested them by urin*ting. True story. Hey! I could wear the chain mail shirt AND the night vision binoculars" or "Darth Vader imprinting toaster, we could use that" or "Titanium straw-beats all other straws with its hands tied behind its back."

And if he starts saying all these things, your kids will wander over to see what he's looking at and then they will be sucked into the geekdom!! Nooooooo........

Of course, if none of this bothers you because you are a geek as well, enjoy the site; it's pretty funny.:lol:

I pull out my Enterprise pizza cutter at every opportunity when we are entertaining. I sing the theme song and make it fly around the kitchen before cutting with it. :001_wub:

:lol:

It's too late...my husband, brother, and son all know about the site.

Of course, I perpetuate it by ordering my son's birthday presents from there...

He's wishing his parents had ordered him something from there for his birthday.

Dh has bought me presents from there. 'Cause he's awesome like that.:001_wub:

I might have found a thing or twelve that would be useful ;)

Now he wants us both to register for the $1000 gift certificate. But he doesn't want me to tell you all for fear you'll register too!:tongue_smilie:

There are people who DON'T shop there already? :confused:

What do they do with their boring little lives all day? Next you'll be telling me there are people who don't insist that their kids watch Star Trek reruns for the sake of "cultural literacy" ....

I just found a baby onesie that says "The babe with the power." AAAaaaa my kids were born too late!

DH showed me a tshirt with it on. That was one of the 12 things I wanted, because let's face it, I am the one in charge here:D

Sorry, waaaaay too late. Real geeks have known about thinkgeek.com for lo, these many years. Ask me how I know.

WTMCassandra, how do you know?:tongue_smilie:

Love that site. I have geek children, and they are into geek t's. Last year I bought my daughter a periodic table shower curtain. she also liked the Fe2 wheel t-shirt. though she did complain it didn't have all its forms . . . . :tongue_smilie: (chem major). she actually bought herself a t. (I'm shocked I tell you, shocked!). a box from the periodic table: 123 ahh, the element of surprise.

other dd (DBA) wanted the shirt that basically said "get a clue" in SQL. (she also bought herself a "the server is down, you ___ " and a list of options with "commit seppuku" checked.. ). she's the one liable to go after chainmail. (classics major who realized she's really a medievalist.)

ds who is doing engineering has the "get real", "get rational" numbers t-shirt.

I dont' get the bacon thing, though my kids have explained it to me . . .

There are people who DON'T shop there already? :confused:

What do they do with their boring little lives all day? Next you'll be telling me there are people who don't insist that their kids watch Star Trek reruns for the sake of "cultural literacy" ....

Original ST reruns.

update:

I think I found a christmas present for dudeling . . . (thunk. I'm so dead.) hey, it's educational . . . .

Edited by gardenmom5