Menu

Poll: Has anyone here ever told you to block him or her?

Has anyone here ever told you to block him or her?  

1. 1. Has anyone here ever told you to block him or her?

• No
    • Yes, with very little bad interaction (1 or 2 times)
    • Yes, with moderate bad interaction (3 to 20 times)
    • Yes, with a large amount of bad interaction (more than 20 times)
    • other

Poll: Has anyone here ever told you to block him or her?

If so, how much "bad" interaction had you had with him or her?

Very little (1 or 2 times)

Moderate amount (3 to 20 times)

Enormous amount of bad interaction (more than 20 times)

Edited by unsinkable

In what format? Here? FB? Phone calls?

Maybe it doesn't a matter.

I don't think anyone has ever told me to block them. I did "ignore" someone here once for a little while. I couldn't stand the curiosity though and just "unignored" the person so I could see what was being said.

Yes, there's a few on here that get their feelings hurt easily. If you disagree with them and refuse to change your position they send you a pm telling you to just block them then if you aren't going to agree with them.

What I LOVE is there are several long time board members that will send you a pm after a disagreement in a heated thread and offer support and/or suggestions. I think that is the interaction we all try to be involved in. :)

It sounds like a weird way to make sure someone knows you blocked them. Like a "last word". :confused:

I was thinking the same thing. How childish! If someone is driving me nuts, I just put them on my Ignore list. My not wanting to hear what they have to say is my problem, not theirs!

I've had one person say that I should block them because they were arguing with me on my own thread (ie. I started it). It actually is someone who I find rather funny and delightful when I'm not mad at her (which is rare). I didn't block her or even ignore her. I have no idea if she blocked or ignored me. I don't think so, because she's responded to me both positively and negatively in other threads.

I have ignored only one person in all my time here. Then I kept taking off the ignore because I'd want to know what she said!

It has been said to me & I don't really get it. Like others have said, I think people say it to get the last word, be passive-aggressive, patronizing, dramatic, etc. Very childish.

ETA: I voted after moderate interaction but I don't really know. It could easily have been after a large amount of interraction but I didn't count.

No. Why would you tell someone to block you instead of just blocking them?

If you see a poster regularly getting his/her knickers in a twist and derailing things. Come to think of it, there is a poster who is upset easily, and takes any generalization of the "underlying problem" that isn't direct support of the OP or the original topic as a heartless attack and boom the thread is shut down. I wish this person would block all of us who can see the sorrow in a situation but still discuss it in a non-:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: way, and yet not be heartless monsters whose soul is in peril (in our opinion).

I don't care about the reply, it is the banging of the drums that lead to thread lock that grows tedious.

No, haven't had anyone tell me to block them.

I don't really understand the ignore feature anyway. If you ignore a person, then when you read a thread that person comments on, it's difficult to follow how/why others are responding, since you're only getting half of the conversation.

I just scroll down past most of the posts of the few posters here I just don't jive with. I think having ADD helps too, in selectively focusing on what to read. :)