Menu

What fall TV shows are you looking forward to?

It's great, isn't it? So gritty! The episode with the tattoo removal made me cringe hard.

Blech! So many of those moments have me covering my eyes!

We watched the first two episodes of season 3 last night. I love me an Irish accent, but I have such a hard time understanding it on TV. This season WILL drive me insane!

I can't wait for the new season to begin again! I'll finally have something to fill my Tivo again! I only have basic cable, and what shows on the major networks in the Summer - boring!

I love USA Network (Burn Notice, White Collar, the one about the US Marshalls - can't think of the name right now) and I love The Closer on TNT. I have to wait for those to be put on the internet to watch.

I can't wait to see:

The Good Wife

Fringe

Big Bang Theory

American Idol

The Mentalist

Lie To Me (although I agree with a PP, it's not as good these days)

Bones

Hawaii Five-0

Body of Proof

X-Factor

Bummed - I didn't know Better With You was cancelled! I really liked that show!

I'm also looking forward to seeing new fall shows. I am interested in Terra Nova and Person of Interest. I don't know what else is coming out.

So - what's this about House without House? :confused: Is Hugh Laurie just tired of doing the show?

CBS is mysteriously absent from just about all alternate ways to view for some reason. I can't find anything CBS on Hulu, Roku, it sounds like they made a deal with Netflix to stream classic shows, but not newer ones. They sell the new ones at itunes for $1.99/episode. ugh! Or maybe their website once it's aired? :confused:, it looks like they have a couple episodes back of CSI, but not the season finale.

Well that stinks! We only have Hulu so I guess I won't be watching.

about the only fall seasonal show I watch is NCIS.

I do watch design star in the summer.

everything else is dvr'd and I'm oblivious as to when it was actually orginally televised. I don't know which eps are new, and what are reruns.

engineering an empire

how the states got their shapes

modern marvels (3ds loves it)

I am waiting for Season 2 of The Good Wife to come out next month on Netflix.

I am currently starting The West Wing, so I have LONG way to go on that.

I love all 3 CSIs, NCIS, Bones.....I am a crime show junkie.....so I can't wait for new episodes of those.

Dawn

Well, according to the article I found, it may be that House ends after this season, not just Hugh Laurie leaving.

Frankly, I thought the show should have ended a year or two ago. They jumped the shark, and just became too formulaic.

I only watched a few episodes the first season because it seemed too formulaic and I felt like I was watching the same show every week—just with a different medical mystery to solve. I realize there's more to the show than that, but that was still my first impression and why I never got hooked on House despite being a huge fan of Hugh Laurie.

I thought that during the normal season, CBS shows could be seen for up to 2 weeks after the air date through Hulu and Hulu+ (which would allow streaming to Roku).

There is nothing right now because the show is off season.

If I am wrong, please tell me and I will be cancelling Hulu+. I only get it for streaming TV shows.

BTW: Can't you also purchase on Amazon.com? Itunes won't stream to Roku but Amazon will.

Dawn

CBS is mysteriously absent from just about all alternate ways to view for some reason. I can't find anything CBS on Hulu, Roku, it sounds like they made a deal with Netflix to stream classic shows, but not newer ones. They sell the new ones at itunes for $1.99/episode. ugh! Or maybe their website once it's aired? :confused:, it looks like they have a couple episodes back of CSI, but not the season finale.

I am really enjoying Dance Moms on Lifetime! It is an awful show, really, but I can't help watching these crazy people!

I am waiting to catch up on Glee when the new episodes come out on Netflix. I also need to catch up on Greys and Desperate Housewives. I may actually get to watch Glee when it comes on this year!

Well, according to the article I found, it may be that House ends after this season, not just Hugh Laurie leaving.

Frankly, I thought the show should have ended a year or two ago. They jumped the shark, and just became too formulaic.

I have no idea what "jump the shark" means, but I still think I agree with you!! :lol:

It seemed to lose its edge for sure. It got a bit over-dramatic, like they were looking for stories to hype up the show and cover up the dullness taking over underneath.

Just starting back:

Burn Notice

Covert Affairs

Psych

Eureka

Royal Pains

In Plain Sight (when I remember)

Hell's Kitchen

Master Chef

This fall:

Big Bang Theory (dh & I)

How I Met Your Mother (dh & I)

NCIS (dh & I)

Private Practice (me)

Greys Anatomy (me)

Glee (Me)

Biggest Loser (family)

I don't know what's coming up... kinda miss our SciFi Fridays :(

Not too many shows we watch regularly but those we do- Dr. Who, Hot in Cleveland, Top Gear UK, and Simpsons/ Fox Sunday night line-up of animated shows.

And waiting for whenever there are more- Sherlock, Being Human, and Torchwood.

In my house, most of those shows get dvr'ed (is that the right word?). The children will watch Dr Who, Sherlock, and Torchwood until they have the lines memorized. And then watch them again, like re-reading favorite books.

looking forward to parks and rec...i'm not as excited about but will watch the office and bones

dh and I are slowly working our way through battlestar gallactica

I'm going to miss Friday Night Lights. I loved that show.

clear eyes, full hearts...

The Office (I may be the only person in America who was getting sick of Michael Scott)

Modern Family

Criminal Minds

30 Rock

And DH is waiting for some gladiator thing and I'm waiting for another season of Camelot to hit Netflix.

I'm a year behind on CM because I watch that on DVD. The other two I nab on Netflix.

The Big Bang Theory

The Good Wife

NCIS LA (Hetty is awesome)

NCIS

Hawaii 5-0

Blue Bloods

Fairly Legal

And all my USA shows that are on a different schedule:

White Collar

Burn Notice

Royal Pains

Fairly Legal

Covert Affairs

Necessary Roughness

I don't watch tv as it happen, but my parents dvr a few shows for me. :D

I watch The Killing (on AMC), Criminal Minds, Wilfred (on FX) and want to watch Person of Interest when it starts.

DH and I have recently started watching Fringe. We're working on Season 2 now, but I don't know that we will be caught up to start watching it this fall.

Well, I just found out that my 2 favorites that I was so looking forward to were cancelled back in May.

The Event & V. I'm not happy.

Looking forward to Justified on FX & Weeds from the library.

ETA: Amazing Race.

Edited by momoflaw

Doctor Who, of course!

But I saw an ad for a new one called "Person of Interest" and it has Michael Emerson who played Ben Linus in LOST who was my FAVORITE character!!:D:D:D:D I'm hoping his intense, creepy, terrific acting carries over and that they don't cancel the show after three weeks.

I tried finding full episodes on CBS.com and couldn't find any? I did create an account and don't see a link to episodes, just clips?

I can never find Big Bang Theory on CBS.com. I think CBS does not work and play well with others. :lol:

I am such a geek that I usually go through all the reviews of tv shows, to decide which to dvr. I just found this list which looks interesting:

http://www.esquire.com/the-side/feature/tv-recaps/best-new-shows-fall-2011#fbIndex1

Does anyone have any other sites that give good reviews of new upcoming shows?

Oh and I forgot to add another I'm looking forward to, though it doesn't start until January on Showtime (I believe) - Shameless. I love that one!!

Edited by tammyw