Menu

So would you want a total stranger

Ok it just became irrelevant. I looked up from my phone and she was walking away, and they left the pool. I wanted to say something but 1) didn't know what sort of reaction I'd get and 2) didn't know how to do it discreetly and unobtrusively enough in the crowd.

Guess I can go back to watching my son's swimming lesson without distraction heh.

Yes. I'm totally the type of person to NOT realize this, and would appreciate a heads up. I mean, I never look at myself with it on when it is wet, you know? Heck, I was at an outdoor, pool type party once and was flying a kite in my bathing suit. I was running, and apparantly my top slipped more than I realized. I was soooo into keeping that stupid kite in the air I didn't even notice. A nice young man, good southern gentlemen, averted his eyes and informed me. :blush:

To approach you at the crowded public pool you were at with your toddler and Inform you that your bathing suit/tankini top is quite see thru when wet?

I can't decide whether to say something to this woman!

I see that she left but I'll answer anyway. I can't imagine someone being OK with a see-thru swimsuit. I'm picturing the poster-child of immodest mothers & even then I can't believe she'd be OK with it. Maybe someone did tell her & that's why she left. I would appreciate it if someone told me very very gently & kindly & discreetly. I'd be embarassed no matter what.

A couple years ago we were at the pool for swim lessons when an older man in light colored cotton shorts walked right through kiddy pool to get out. Light colored cotton becomes quite see through when wet :001_huh:. My mom said something to the male lifeguard, who took the man aside and quietly let him know his shorts were not appropriate swim attire.

Definitely. I'd want someone to tell me. Like someone else said, I'm somewhat oblivious to my clothing situations. I'm always walking around with tags sticking out or a collar stuck under or something. People always fix it for me and I appreciate it. :) hehe.

And if it was on purpose, well....she's going to love getting noticed, so you probably won't get punched or anything.

She's in a tankini, which means that she's trying to be modest. I'd tell her.

Am I alone in that I'd be way less weirded out by someone seeing my breastesses through a bathing suit top than I would them seeing the mess of flab that currently passes as my stomach(s)? (I wish I were kidding.)

I'd want to know - man, woman, child, it wouldn't matter who told me just that somebody did. I routinely tell people they have food in their teeth, or their zipper is down, or their shirt tag is hanging out ... because I'd always want to know, and I assume they would also. Sometimes they'd rather not know, but I sleep better at night knowing I at least did my social duty to bring it to their attention LOL.

:001_smile:

Am I alone in that I'd be way less weirded out by someone seeing my breastesses through a bathing suit top than I would them seeing the mess of flab that currently passes as my stomach(s)? (I wish I were kidding.)

I'd want to know - man, woman, child, it wouldn't matter who told me just that somebody did. I routinely tell people they have food in their teeth, or their zipper is down, or their shirt tag is hanging out ... because I'd always want to know, and I assume they would also. Sometimes they'd rather not know, but I sleep better at night knowing I at least did my social duty to bring it to their attention LOL.

:smilielol5: That's the funniest sad thing I've heard in a while!

I am laughing that ours is not the only household that says breastesses. :D

Honestly, I would. I know the situation if over now, but I would. I have told sooo many men their zippers are down.

Most likely I would try to pass her a note and walk away.

If no way to pass a note, sure I would say something. Just a quick, "just letting you know, because I would want to know..." and then walk away.

Funny you asked this because I was just thinking tonight about a friend of mine who approached a woman at the pool and said, "I think your suit has seen better days." I can't remember how the woman reacted, but I don't think it was bad or I would have remembered that part. This ran across my mind tonight as I was sorting through clothes and found one of my suits that has seen "better days".

Lesley

I can imagine if I were there with my 4 boys there'd be no need to say anything, one of them would be bound to say in a very loud voice, "Hey, that lady's swimsuit's see-through!". While I decide to do a little underwater swimming, as far away as possible :D.

Cassy

So here I am at the pool again- no see thru tops yet lol-but there was a girl standing at the edge of the pool wearing a teeshirt that had a saying on the back that included the "F" word in large letters. I was like, are you kidding me? I went and told the nearest lifeguard. Who DOES that in a place tons of kids frequent?!?

And Cyndi, LOL at nippular!

So here I am at the pool again- no see thru tops yet lol-but there was a girl standing at the edge of the pool wearing a teeshirt that had a saying on the back that included the "F" word in large letters. I was like, are you kidding me? I went and told the nearest lifeguard. Who DOES that in a place tons of kids frequent?!?

And Cyndi, LOL at nippular!

It was for these reasons as well as a few others that an inground pool became high on my list when looking for a new home a year and a half ago. And with the temps we've been having in the northeast this summer, it's been a true blessing!

I would tell her. Sometime people just don't know.

My sister was working at a Shoney's waiting tables last summer. A lady walked into there with her breast hanging out of her tank top. The hostess and no one else told her, they walked her her table. My sister saw it and politely told her. The lady thanked my sister quite a few time. The bad part is not even her husband told her!