Menu

The sad news tonight: Steven Curtis Chapman

Oh, that is just terrible! He does publicity for my former employer (an adoption agency), and I have to say he and his family are amazing. What an awful thing to happen to them all, and that poor boy! My heart just sinks for them. I'll be praying.

OMG!I'm heartbroken for this family! I've followed their adoption stories and love his music. I'm stunned. I'm sitting here sobbing for a family I only know from magazine articles...this is too tragic. I'm praying for that family...esp. the teen boy who must be beside himself w/ guilt right now. Oh I do pray they can come together and heal.

I am so sad tonight after hearing of this. I feel so much pain for their son especially, I cant imagine that sorta tragedy. I know they will cling the Lord through this. My heart and prayers go out to them! I am so overwhelmed with greif for them.

I am so sad tonight after hearing of this. I feel so much pain for their son especially, I cant imagine that sorta tragedy. I know they will cling to the Lord through this. My heart and prayers go out to them! I am so overwhelmed with greif for them.

My husband is close friend's with Steven Curtis Chapman's former guitar player (he played with him during the early 90's). We live about an hour away. I have friends who go to their church.

Pray for them! Pray that our community here in Nashville and Franklin can really reach out to them the way other folks do when there's a death among non-famous children and that it won't turn into some terrible media frenzy.

Keep them lifted up in your hearts and prayers. I know several families who have lost children, and the grief is almost unbearable. Can you imagine?!

May God strengthen them and comfort them and love them in these painful months ahead.

-Michele R., just east of Nashville, TN

likes Steven Curtis Chapman. How awful for the family. They will be in our prayers.

I've heard of stories like this, too, at least a couple of times. It can happen so quickly. I'll be praying that the family will heal---the parents, and the brother must feel just awful.

God bless them.

So sad! My dd's Christian dance concert is June 1 and she and her friends are dancing with their dads to "Cinderella"....now I'm really going to cry my eyes out!

One of the Dance Revolution teachers also had a son who accidentally ran over his younger sister. The dad had 8 dc, I believe.

I just keep hearing his song, "Cinderella" going through my head. I hurt for this teenage boy, as it must be so hard for him to know that he was a part of this awful tragedy. I say we hold a prayer vigil for the family throughout today. :grouphug:

God spoke to me through a Steven Curtis Chapman song to confirm His plan for us to adopt a baby girl from China. We ended up bringing home another baby a year later.

My heart is so sad for him and his beautiful family. Sweet Maria is in her Heavenly Father's Arms. I only hope and pray her brother can feel God's love and grace right now.

Praying...