Menu

Confession: I like curriculum in the signature line

Whenever it was that someone suggested that hive mind members should put curriculum used and children's ages into signature lines, I turned up my nose at the idea.

I don't like a big, crowded signature. I like clean and streamlined. I am easily visually assaulted.

But, I find myself ever more increasingly scanning ages and curricula listed. It's become very helpful to me.

Now, I still like it to be neat and compact. But, I must repent of my former misgivings.

Whenever it was that someone suggested that hive mind members should put curriculum used and children's ages into signature lines, I turned up my nose at the idea.

I don't like a big, crowded signature. I like clean and streamlined. I am easily visually assaulted.

But, I find myself ever more increasingly scanning ages and curricula listed. It's become very helpful to me.

Now, I still like it to be neat and compact. But, I must repent of my former misgivings.

Unfortunately there are maximum characters allowed. I've tried, but won't accept all my children and their subjects. Good for you to be able to do so--it's helpful to see what others teach.

Even though I moved our curricula to my blog (there just was too much stuff) I definitely prefer the information in the sig. Of course, I'm the one who started the thread asking people to put their kids' ages there. It just makes it so much easier to offer advice or see where people are at, in general.

Unfortunately there are maximum characters allowed. I've tried, but won't accept all my children and their subjects. Good for you to be able to do so--it's helpful to see what others teach.
As long as I keep my youngest designated "too young" for school I can just fit ours in.

Just for you I spent 20 minutes trying to fit curriculum into my signature line -- too many cubs in the den apparently! :) I decided to take out the line that my blog was "Abandoned for our summer hunting range" and go put all my curriculum choices there!

I also find it helpful to see ages/what other are doing!

I must admit that I have read these boards for the past several years but have only starting posting recently. I would love to figure out how to put more information like the signature line. I don't even really understand out the smilies work. I guess it will come with time. Any advice?

Well, at least mind has the ages! I may try to change it to add curriculum, since I, too, enjoy seeing what others are using! But then I might have to take out my Joan Rivers statement, and that fits me sooo well, I hate to do that! :D

I tried, but I couldn't get it to be neat and compact.
Try reducing the font size. Size 1 is still readable.

I like having it there as well. Although we are in our year end change so mine isn't listed right now. It makes it so much easier when answering or reading questions. I forget that isn't there on other boards and have to keep writing out my info when asked.

Homeschooling LCC-style:

Athos (12) ~ Latin Prep 1, Lingua Latina, Dolciani pre-algebra, Elementary Greek 1, CW Homer B

Porthos (10) ~ Latin Prep 1, Lingua Latina, Right Start E, EG 1, CW Homer A, SOTW 2

Aramis (7) and d'Artagnan (6) ~ Right Start B, Phonics Pathways, FLL, SOTW 2

AH! NO! I remember people by their kids names. I need the regular ones back. They're good names, really. My 5yo is quite jealous of Griffin, and Aidan is PlaidDad's middle name.