Menu

S/O Number of posts you average a day

How many posts do you average per day?  

1. 1. How many posts do you average per day?

• 0-0.5
    • 0.51-1.0
    • 1.01-1.5
    • 1.51-2.0
    • 2.01-2.5
    • 2.51-3.0
    • 3.01-3.5
    • 3.51-4.0
    • 4.01-4.5
    • 4.51 and higher

The number of threads got me to looking around on my statistics and found that I average 2.68 posts per day. What do you average?

If you are higher than 4.51, do you care to post how many? I'm curious about who's the highest?

Edited by mom31257

I would assume that I'm the highest since I have the highest number of posts total. And no, I don't spend all day here. I come on for 1/2 hour when I wake up, 10 min. at morning break and/or lunch time, 10 min. at afternoon break, probably about an hour in the evenings.

Do you want to know the number?

Seeing that I have been reading here since the old boards and have less than 200 posts.:tongue_smilie:

I'm on a roll today though. I usually post in spurts. I will disappear into lurkdom again most likely by tomorrow.

I would assume that I'm the highest since I have the highest number of posts total. And no, I don't spend all day here. I come on for 1/2 hour when I wake up, 10 min. at morning break and/or lunch time, 10 min. at afternoon break, probably about an hour in the evenings.

Did you look up your average? I would really love to know what it is!

WOW!!! I hadn't noticed people's post counts in a while! You are a marathon poster Jean!;)

Why is everyone embarrassed over posting 2 or 4 or 6 or even 8 or almost 15 (in my case) posts a day? Most posts are 1 or 2 sentences. Occasionally I will write 3 or 4 paragraphs but that is usually only when I am posting a new thread and have to explain the situation. This post is 7 sentences long. Let's say that my average posting most days is 3 sentences, that would be 3 x 15 = 45 sentences in a day (and your averages would be LOTS lower). That's maybe 5 or 6 paragraphs total for me on average. That's doesn't seem embarrassing to me.

Edited by Jean in Newcastle

Why is everyone embarrassed over posting 2 or 4 or 6 or even 8 or almost 15 (in my case) posts a day? Most posts are 1 or 2 sentences. Occasionally I will write 3 or 4 paragraphs but that is usually only when I am posting a new thread and have to explain the situation. This post is 7 sentences long. Let's say that my average posting most days is 3 sentences, that would be 3 x 15 = 45 sentences in a day (and your averages would be LOTS lower). That's maybe 5 or 6 paragraphs total for me on average. That's doesn't seem embarrassing to me.

If I posted that much I wouldn't be embarrassed.

I suppose I don't post that much, because I always feels the need to say more then 1 or 2 sentences. Almost as if I don't put enough words I would be misunderstood. How a ":grouphug:" could be mis-inter-prated, that I don't know. (It may not look like it but I do also reread posts trying to fix up grammar and spelling, that is unless I'm on my ipad. In which case I just wing it and hope for the best)

If I posted that much I wouldn't be embarrassed.

I suppose I don't post that much, because I always feels the need to say more then 1 or 2 sentences. Almost as if I don't put enough words I would be misunderstood. How a ":grouphug:" could be mis-inter-prated, that I don't know. (It may not look like it but I do also reread posts trying to fix up grammar and spelling, that is unless I'm on my ipad. In which case I just wing it and hope for the best)

But you post less than one post a day - that's only one paragraph a day! I made 26 posts today. 3 were things I googled and linked for someone. 3 were book/curricula recommendations. 1 was just a smilie. 7 were life advice. 5 were telling someone I was praying for them. 1 was one of my own threads. 6 were "conversation" threads like this one. I have to say though that I probably only read 26 threads today (I only open the ones I'm really interested in) - maybe 30 threads if I skipped posting on a couple.

I also did 4 loads of laundry, did bill paying/business, went to the bank, 6 stores, had the oil changed in the car and packed my bags for a cross country trip tomorrow.

Edited by Jean in Newcastle

Higher lately because I'm feeling chatty. I'm also quite close to a new status. Maybe this post will do it. :001_smile:

(Woo hoo! I'm an Amateur Bee Keeper!)

Congratulations!! :party:

this is how you too can reach a 10.00 average :D

My average used to be just over 7 per day. I then dramatically cut back and watched it drop to 4.1 or so. Then I took a several months break and when I came back it hadn't dropped really at all. So now I decided I don't care and I just post. :) Although I do frequently begin a reply and then decided not to post it.

5.3 right now, but I have checked in the past and it was 3. It varies, as there are phases I go through when I read a lot but don't post. Other times, I chime in on a lot of support threads, and you can find yourself with 10 posts on one day, with just a few clicks.

But you post less than one post a day - that's only one paragraph a day! I made 26 posts today. 3 were things I googled and linked for someone. 3 were book/curricula recommendations. 1 was just a smilie. 7 were life advice. 5 were telling someone I was praying for them. 1 was one of my own threads. 6 were "conversation" threads like this one. I have to say though that I probably only read 26 threads today (I only open the ones I'm really interested in) - maybe 30 threads if I skipped posting on a couple.

I also did 4 loads of laundry, did bill paying/business, went to the bank, 6 stores, had the oil changed in the car and packed my bags for a cross country trip tomorrow.

Are you sure you have FB? That would be a really good week for me. Not the posting but everything else. ;)

I talk a lot! I rarely post a single paragraph when two or three will do. So my 6+ posts a day are usually 12 or more paragraphs. :001_huh: