Menu

So, what would you name this girl? :)

Another homeschooling mom I know is giving away three kittens that her cat had. She posted their pictures on Facebook and I kinda fell in love with this one! (See pic below).

I gave her a call and we are going to take that kitten. It's between 8 and 9 weeks old and we're going to pick it up next week. It's a female kitten. What name jumps out at you when you look at her? :)

Pippa

Oooh, I love Pippa!

Fiona

We once got a stray cat from a friend, and we were going to name it Fiona. But when the friend brought it over she said she'd been calling to Georgia, and we liked that so much we kept it.

Tara

Sprite

That name popped into my head too. Or something similarly fairy-like would also do.

Pixie?

ETA: How about Nyx or Nixie? Those names are German for sprite/water sprite respectively.

Edited by darlasowders

We used to have a cat named Kathmandu after the city in Nepal that I love (been twice - pronounced Cat-man-du). It ended up not being the brightest bulb in the box so often got called Du-Du. :D That was my favorite cat name and might get reused some day here.

Spice is very cute for a tortie like that. What a sweet looking girl! So jealous! I would love a kitten. Our 2 full grown cats would not be a fan.

She has such an exotic look, she needs an exotic name. A few that jumped out at me were Naomi (no relation to that other thread), Alannah, and Cleopatra. :tongue_smilie:

We had a Calico called Dehlia. She was gorgeous.

Maybe Petra?

Thanks for the suggestions so far!

I have suggested Jemima, Clementine, Josie and Tabitha to my husband and he shot them all down. Sigh. I also like Delilah but know from past conversations that he doesnt. He hasn't made any suggestions himself yet.

:glare:

I haven't had any others elicit a "love it!" reaction from me yet so not sure what else to suggest to him. It's so hard to come up with names we can agree on!

Thanks for the suggestions so far!

I have suggested Jemima, Clementine, Josie and Tabitha to my husband and he shot them all down. Sigh. I also like Delilah but know from past conversations that he doesnt. He hasn't made any suggestions himself yet.

:glare:

I haven't had any others elicit a "love it!" reaction from me yet so not sure what else to suggest to him. It's so hard to come up with names we can agree on!

At that point, I'd ask myself these questions:

Who is my favourite author? Who is my favourite character? What is the title of my favourite poem? My favourite country/state/town/river is... My favourite childhood toy's name was... you get the idea. Something is bound to strike you and you'll love it so much that your dh will agree. :tongue_smilie: