Menu

Board glitches continue

The Amazon server crash two weeks ago reset various board parameters, and we're still trying to fix them all.

Right now, it appears that searches are not covering all subforums, and that the email functions on the boards are not working.

We're aware of those two problems and working to fix them. We will keep you posted.

If other problems appear, please let us know.

Thanks for the notice; I've noticed there are weird things going on here. There are several posts where the post repeated 6 or 7 times. These were different posters. In one thread, this happened twice.

There's also a strange message sometimes in posting to a thread. It says, "Thank you for posting...etc." and has some error codes on the page.

When I click on User Control Panel, I get "Database Error." This has been happening all day today (4-15).

I'm finding that too.. I wanted to edit my sig.. not that it's urgent.

Hope y'all can get things fixed without too much trouble.

I accidentally figured out that even though I can't go through the control panel link directly, I can click on "private messages" (upper right corner) and from there I can see subscriptions and signature and all the other control panel stuff in the left-hand-side menu. I did manage to edit my signature that way -- it gave me an error on the way, but it did edit.

Yeah ! Thank you! That way I have access to my subscribed threads, and see which ones were updated. You've made my life a tad simpler, and for that I thank you.

I'm completely addicted to the control panel functions, so I was thrilled to make that discovery! :)

I accidentally figured out that even though I can't go through the control panel link directly, I can click on "private messages" (upper right corner) and from there I can see subscriptions and signature and all the other control panel stuff in the left-hand-side menu. I did manage to edit my signature that way -- it gave me an error on the way, but it did edit.

Thank you for posting this! I kept getting the database error, too, but somehow it still edited my siggie! :001_smile:

The Amazon server crash two weeks ago reset various board parameters, and we're still trying to fix them all.

Right now, it appears that searches are not covering all subforums, and that the email functions on the boards are not working.

We're aware of those two problems and working to fix them. We will keep you posted.

If other problems appear, please let us know.

When I click on the User Control Panel (CP) button it tells me there is a Database Error and will not let me access my profile, etc. FYI.

YAY! Thank you for mentioning this! I hadn't thought about accessing my subscriptions that way - much easier than searching my own name and posts.

Search does not seem to be including smaller words (specifically noticed this with "7th geography" not including 7th, although some other folks I think noticed it with acronyms as well such as "IEW")

Also, if you search with two words, it pulls up either/or, not posts with both.

Thanks!

Even single longer words aren't pulling up correctly in the search. Words like Sonlight or spelling will give some results, but there are threads missing. (Always the ones I'm trying to find!) It's nice to have the UserCP back though!

I am really missing the old search capabilities - right now, searching for something is next to worthless. Even if I use quotation marks around myt search term, I still get results for single words. This is a big problem when searching for something like "integrating MCT WWE".

Sigh. I'll try to be patient.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
I am really missing the old search capabilities - right now, searching for something is next to worthless. Even if I use quotation marks around myt search term, I still get results for single words. This is a big problem when searching for something like "integrating MCT WWE".

Thanks!

This is still the case...it's a bummer.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

This is still the case...it's a bummer.

:iagree:

• 4 weeks later...

I can see that there are 128 posts on a particular thread, but when I open it I can only see the first 36 posts. There is no thingie to select pages beyond the first page I am viewing.

This is the second time this has happened to me. Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas how to fix it?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Evarneendoria

Is there any way to jump from thread to thread without going back to the main board? The old board had a "next" and "previous" button, but I do not see anything like that here? Am I just missing it?

I am having a weird glitch that I can't see posts by some poster's even if no one is on ignore. I can see their name and avatar in a thread but the post doesn't show up. The same with pm's. One of the poster's I can't see was able to send me a pm, but I could only read it in the reply box. It did not actually show up normally.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is a For Sale post getting a 'Thank you for posting and this message is awaiting moderator approval before being posted' normal or is this a glitch?? I've never gotten that message before and don't see any stickies that say For Sale posts need Moderator Approval.

I wondered about this, too, but since I'd not previously posted an item for sale, I wasn't sure what to think about it. Also, I sent an email (presumably to tech support - it was through the "Contact Us" option here) a couple days ago about not being able to leave feedback (for the seller of some curriculum I'd purchased) because every time I'd post the "deal URL", I would get a message telling me that the URL was invalid. A PM to the seller has gone unanswered, and since she had previously been so quick to respond, I wonder if there is a problem with the PM function.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried to click onto a page and was given the blank page telling me that Well Trained Mind had a database error. I logged off and got back on with no problem.

I've had it happen two more times in just the past five minutes, and it tells me that WTM will be notified.

Edited by gingerh