Menu

Olive Branch Books responds to the Ken Ham/Peter Enns controversy

It makes me want to go buy the Olive Branch curriculum...

Me too' date=' and I'm Catholic!

I'm glad to see the statement though, banging my head it was needed at all.

:iagree:Sadly, I don't think any amount of taking the high road and ignoring it would do.

Me too, and I'm Catholic!

:iagree:Sadly, I don't think any amount of taking the high road and ignoring it would do.

Me too, :iagree:

I really do not understand what all the controversy is about. I have not taken the time to read through all the threads. I read the Olive Branch statement when I came into the forums. Enns seems like a nice a person to me. So I am going to look into his curriculum.

Beautifully stated.

I'm sure they're getting tired of having to say the same thing over and over again.

I hope that SWB's "Educating Yourself as You Educate Your Children" seminar is full at the convention. It appears there are many who would benefit from such a talk.

Me three! and I'm Catholic too.

In fact, I do wonder if it would be appropriate for Catholics. Not that I need that particular year, since my youngest kid is 10yo already.

Go over to the curric boards--they've got the entire instructor's guide for year 1 available to be read now, for free. Temporary & all.

Is year 1 supposed to be for 1st grade? Somehow I missed that obvious point & just assumed it was...their first book, lol. For, um, any age?

In fact, I do wonder if it would be appropriate for Catholics. Not that I need that particular year, since my youngest kid is 10yo already.

I've been wondering that too. I think I will get it and edit as needed for my upcoming 1st grader. I just really feel the need to directly support peace hill/olive branch.

Go over to the curric boards--they've got the entire instructor's guide for year 1 available to be read now, for free. Temporary & all.

Is year 1 supposed to be for 1st grade? Somehow I missed that obvious point & just assumed it was...their first book, lol. For, um, any age?

I don't know if it's supposed to be specifically 1st grade, but judging from the language of the stories (to be read out loud) and the activities (coloring pages, games, & crafts), it's aimed at early elementary. It would probably work well for K-3rd or so.

Me four. It's the principle of the matter you know?? My older girls already use Memoria's Christian Studies program (not Catholic) in conjunction with Faith and Life (Catholic). I might have to see how well this would mesh with what I teach my younger kids.

I'm Catholic and I bought the curriculum last night. It looks like a generally Christian text to me. I didn't see anything that looked inappropriate for Catholics, although I must admit I am a convert Catholic so I may be a little more liberal than others.

I just got the Year One AG and text. I hope that's enough. I couldn't afford to get all three books (I actually bought it with my Swagbucks Amazon gift cards, LOL).

I think it's going to be a great introduction for my daughter. Right now we just read a bible story every day, and I'll be glad to have a more organized approach with background historical information included.