Menu

I'm curious, in what proportions do we use these curriculum?

melmichigan

Which do you currently use? (multiple choice)  

1. 1. Which do you currently use? (multiple choice)

• MFW
    • HOD
    • TOG
    • SL
    • WTM
    • WP
    • other

I voted WTM, SL, and Other. The only SL we're currently using though is the 2 intermediate readers and we don't even have the schedule - just the readers and we bought those used on the boards here. My list of "other" is long but I do have one question. Does everything not recommended in WTM count as other - even, say, math curricula that are pretty standard but just not recommended for whatever reason?

Guest aquiverfull

WOW! That is really interesting, considering ho wmuch talk there is about certain programs. Not at all what I expected...

:iagree: I was thinking the exact same thing. It's been fun to see the results, thanks for the poll melmichigan.

WOW! That is really interesting, considering ho wmuch talk there is about certain programs. Not at all what I expected...

Since it's multiple choice, I imagine a lot of people put "SL + WTM", "TOG + WTM", etc. Afterall, most people who are here are probably using at least some part of WTM.

I voted "other", THEN realized it was multiple choice and that the OP might be talking about all subjects, not just history type subjects, so really it should be WTM + Other (I use Biblioplan right now).

I voted WTM and other because we use secular materials. All the other options are very religion-specific and require substantial tweaking to be used secularly (and some just can't be tweaked enough to do that), so I don't really consider them when choosing curricula. What we do use is really from all over--MCT, Saxon, Editor in Chief, Logic Liftoff, a variety of websites, workbooks, etc. Agreed that no poll could hold me;).

We're also using History Odyssey and supporting k12 offline materials, but I'm still working with WTM as an overarching guide in other areas, so I included it. We used SOTW for elementary history.

So I thought I'd ask in a poll. :)

I use AO (years 6 and up--the lower grade history books just don't seem to work for us, though I use much of the literature for years 1-5). For lower grades history I have used an assortment of things.

As far as methods/approach go, I use a blend of CM & WTM with a few ideas of my own. I marked WTM and other.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I voted before I realized this was an old poll. I was confused if you meant for history or all subjects, so I took it to mean all subjects and chose SL, WTM, WP, and other.

SL is our main history curriculum, I am also using WP AS 1 this year though (with SL core 3) and we do like it. I use mostly WTM for my overall philosophy and for LA. Then we use a mix of other things like LFC and RightStart math.