Menu

I have even *more* respect for Susan Wise Bauer today

I don't really wish to start something that will get this deleted, but I have been reading comments on various FB pages and blogs and it is shocking to me how SWB's posts here are being misrepresented. Words are being flung very carelessly. No matter which *side* you are on, you can at least be forthright in speaking your views and *repeating* someone else's words that are PLAINLY in print.

SWB didn't really OWE any of us an explanation, and yet, she has graciously and carefully tried to inform us of *her* facts. Frankly, I would be so sick of this that I'd just leave us in the dark. Not only that, but she doesn't have the internet police out taking down the NAMES of all these people misrepresenting her and banning them from this board. This is consistent with the character I have witnessed over the years I've been here. She is very humble and TOLERANT on many levels to allow us to come here and discuss pros and cons of HER LIFE WORK and compare it with other options out there and to give us freedom to recommend her COMPETITION to others. And now...this.

Thanks again Susan Wise Bauer. You are a class act. You are the epitome of what it means to *serve* the homeschool community and I want to be like you when I grow up. But...until I mature, where is my flame thrower?

Edited by MSPolly

If anyone has a minute could they pm me a link or two that would explain what's going on? I have seen so many references to Ken Ham and Jay Wile lately and am very interested, but I have a very high-needs 4 month old who hardly sleeps and I don't get much internet time these days, so I can't really do a big search.

If anyone has a minute could they pm me a link or two that would explain what's going on? I have seen so many references to Ken Ham and Jay Wile lately and am very interested, but I have a very high-needs 4 month old who hardly sleeps and I don't get much internet time these days, so I can't really do a big search.

Me too. I'm always the last person to ever know what's going on.

LIKE!!!

Dr. Susan Wise Bauer, and Dr. Jay Wile have both impressed me in these last few days. And I don't even share their religious or scientific point of view! As for Dr. Enns, I have no idea; I haven't checked on his side of things at all.

I myself, have completely lost respect for Dr. Wile. How I feel about SWB has not changed either way.

I myself, have completely lost respect for Dr. Wile. How I feel about SWB has not changed either way.

Please, please do not do this. I don't want this to go there. It is an expression of appreciation for SWB. There are MANY opinions of many people represented here on this board.

Those of you who want to know what is going on, search Susan Wise Bauer's posts on *this* site.

Thanks again Susan Wise Bauer. You are a class act. You are the epitome of what it means to *serve* the homeschool community and I want to be like you when I grow up. But...until I mature, where is my flame thrower?

Totally agree! SWB you have been an amazing example of turning the other cheek!

Totally agree! SWB you have been an amazing example of turning the other cheek!

Amen! :001_smile:

I just finished reading your blog Susan.

You did an outstanding job of articulating your point!

Blessings to you, your parents, husband and children.

Edited by kalphs

Thanks again Susan Wise Bauer. You are a class act. You are the epitome of what it means to *serve* the homeschool community and I want to be like you when I grow up.

Absolutely!! :001_wub: Or, as my logic stage kids would say, "She rocks!"

to separate the wheat from the chafe. You really see a person's quality of character when they have the opportunity to react to an unwarranted personal attack. It is not an opportunity anyone ever wants, but when it happens, the witness is powerful.

:iagree:Well said!

Honestly, I am in a bit of shock :confused: about what people are saying/thinking/concluding (not here...elsewhere). And I didn't realize how wonderful we have it here!

Thanks again, Susan, your family, and the moderators!

I just want to give you all a great big :grouphug:!!!!!

to separate the wheat from the chafe. You really see a person's quality of character when they have the opportunity to react to an unwarranted personal attack. It is not an opportunity anyone ever wants, but when it happens, the witness is powerful.

:iagree:

Honestly, I am in a bit of shock :confused: about what people are saying/thinking/concluding (not here...elsewhere). And I didn't realize how wonderful we have it here!

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

:iagree:

And I am a young earth creationist. Although not a Peter Enns fan, I abhor the tone AIG and cohorts have taken.

Susan, thank you for your forebearance. Thank you for this board. Many times thank you.

I hope that this present misery will end soon.

Faith

Agreeing! As someone who is new here, I have really appreciated what I have seen and "heard" here. Especially lately.

Thank you!

:iagree: I love it here and l love and value the work of the Wise/Bauers!!

I don't see how deleting and blocking threads that weren't even divisive just because they contained links to info from the opposing side is showing grace? I do feel sorry for Susan for being caught in the middle of an argument though.

I think that is a question for a mod via pm? But, think about it. This is Susan's front porch. She has been *thrown under the bus* so to speak. She has a lot going on. We are all free to show support for Mr. Ham on his front porch, for Dr. Wile on his front porch, for Dr. Enns on his front porch, etc, etc, etc,...or to voice our dissension there as well. That is what seems appropriate to me. I'm not a mod, but I *did* start this thread and I don't want it to be deleted. :)

(and I hope that *reads* as graciously and nicely as it sounded in my head :) )

I totally understand what you are saying. I just saw two threads get deleted that were just links to explanations, and said nothing about SWB. Anyways don't want to derail your thread.:001_huh:

Thanks! :) And, if you have read enough threads around here, you know that it doesn't take much to get a bit off-road and THAT is what usually wins the delete, not so much the original post. :)