Menu

Jayden has been delivered!

Daisy did very well. No complications with the induction, necessarily. But, she did develop a fever during the day yesterday. Baby's heartbeat kept dropping, but the midwives and nurses kept working with him. Then Daisy's blood pressure shot up and her fever started going up. Then baby's heartbeat stopped rebounding.

Baby was delivered by c-section... and for an excellent reason... he was hung inside with that cord and he was head down, but facing the wrong way. When delivered, he was healthy and breathing, but didn't cry, just looked around like, "Hello! What's been going on?"

And of course, this grandma thinks he's the cutest little thing ever!!!!

Look! I caught his first bubble!

post-1955-13535084480403_thumb.jpg

post-1955-13535084480403_thumb.jpg

When I left in the wee hours today, Daisy was the sweetest new mom... ready to nurse... having a little abdominal pain, but at peace and SO happy!!

She did not need anesthesia because she had the epidural. I need a few hours more sleep and then I'll be heading back over to see her!!

I just put up a lot of photos at my blog.

(I did stick with the 50mm 1.8 lens and shot in P mode and kept making adjustments with the white balance as the day and evening progressed and the lighting kept changing.)

Please come share the day in pictures with us.

***Important Update***

Jayden has been taken to NICU. Shasta ran a fever all during labor yesterday and this morning Jayden wasn't very resonsive and wouldn't nurse, so they want to keep him in there and check for infection or any challenge he might be having. Hopefully with a bit of nutrition and mom's milk, he'll be right back in the room with her.

***Important Update***

Jayden has been taken to NICU. Shasta ran a fever all during labor yesterday and this morning Jayden wasn't very resonsive and wouldn't nurse, so they want to keep him in there and check for infection or any challenge he might be having. Hopefully with a bit of nutrition and mom's milk, he'll be right back in the room with her.

Keep us posted. Keeping them in my prayers.