Menu

Can I just say that Divorce is Hell?

Not to cheapen the reality of Hell....but, man, o, man I hate this. Working towards a settlement with the hubs.....brings out the pain like no other. If any of you are thinking about the big D, think long and hard and long and hard...it is not for the faint hearted. Prayers are coveted.

Not to cheapen the reality of Hell....but, man, o, man I hate this. Working towards a settlement with the hubs.....brings out the pain like no other. If any of you are thinking about the big D, think long and hard and long and hard...it is not for the faint hearted. Prayers are coveted.

You have my understanding. And hugs. :grouphug:

But I went through it with a sociopath and came out the other side. Life WILL get better. I promise.

:grouphug:

:grouphug: I understand.... just got my official notice/summons/complaint/whatever you want to call it last week since my "d"h finally filed. Thankfully we'd already hashed everything out in a separation agreement almost 2 yrs ago. Praying for discernment, strength, and most especially peace.

You guys are the best! Thanks for the vote of confidence, and prayers. God is with the kids and me, but I really don't like the man I married any more. At all. Hey Scarlett, I wanna see THE QUILT!

:) The squares are still in the box that Mariann sent them in. Hmmm....On my chest of drawers, which is actually now my new husband's chest of drawers. I think about them all of the time and will get them put into a quilt someday. This board, and that effort specifically has been instrumental in 'saving me.'

:) The squares are still in the box that Mariann sent them in. Hmmm....On my chest of drawers, which is actually now my new husband's chest of drawers. I think about them all of the time and will get them put into a quilt someday. This board, and that effort specifically has been instrumental in 'saving me.'

Can I offer to finish it for you? As a wedding present? I wouldn't mind at all, and would enjoy doing it. I imagine you are quite busy with other things......:tongue_smilie:pm me if you want me to do it, and I will get you my mailing address.

:grouphug: Hang in there. I have to really guess the hardest part is over, and this is just the mess to organize before the clean up. You are strong and you've got purpose and no matter what, you deserve fairness and respect. :grouphug::grouphug:

What I deserve and what he doles out are two different things. I did not marry well, sadly. Thanks for the encouragement.

I NEVER wished time away like I wished it during that time of my life.

I hardly slept. Couldn't swallow food. (I lost 30 pounds in one month.)

And I just longed for it to all be over with.

It does pass.

I NEVER wished time away like I wished it during that time of my life.

I hardly slept. Couldn't swallow food. (I lost 30 pounds in one month.)

And I just longed for it to all be over with.

It does pass.

EXACTLY. I lost 25 pounds in a month. (and didn't need to lose any). It was brutal. I would say the first 6 months were the worst.

But it does pass. And the sun comes out again.

going through this now myself.

still waiting to get to the "other side". hard to believe that will ever happen. . .i'm afraid i will be going through it for ten more years. . .:grouphug:

i wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: for your children.

going through this now myself.

still waiting to get to the "other side". hard to believe that will ever happen. . .i'm afraid i will be going through it for ten more years. . .:grouphug:

i wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: for your children.

Oh dear. Back at ya! and many :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:for the kiddos.

• 2 weeks later...

My actual divorce went smoothly, thank goodness. I thought I was one of the lucky ones. The nightmare came later after he remarried and she wanted to fight me for custody of my daughter. They said and did some of the meanest things imaginable. But it eventually backfired on them. Dd18 hates her stepmother and is extremely disappointed and disillusioned with her father, to the point that she may never recover. She's harbored these feelings for at least 6 years that I know of. She finally came to live with me full-time at the age of 14 when the law was on her side to choose. Until then, I was afraid to rock the boat. Boy did they take advantage of me!

Oops, got off on my own rant. :grouphug: Hang in there and DON'T let him take advantage of you!

My actual divorce went smoothly, thank goodness. I thought I was one of the lucky ones. The nightmare came later after he remarried and she wanted to fight me for custody of my daughter. They said and did some of the meanest things imaginable. But it eventually backfired on them. Dd18 hates her stepmother and is extremely disappointed and disillusioned with her father, to the point that she may never recover. She's harbored these feelings for at least 6 years that I know of. She finally came to live with me full-time at the age of 14 when the law was on her side to choose. Until then, I was afraid to rock the boat. Boy did they take advantage of me!

Oops, got off on my own rant. :grouphug: Hang in there and DON'T let him take advantage of you!

So sorry to hear this. Good thing for me is my kids are old enough to not have to go where they don't want to. But my daughter has a very hard time trusting her papa now, and that is just heartbreaking.