Menu

Celebrate with us!

My 18 yo just got a letter informing him he got a $10K scholarship! He had applied for this in December and we didn't hear anything so I figured he wasn't chosen. I am in shock! Both DH and I never went to college after highschool and DH went when he was 32 so this is all new to us. Sorry if I am being silly but we are really excited here!

My 18 yo just got a letter informing him he got a $10K scholarship! He had applied for this in December and we didn't hear anything so I figured he wasn't chosen. I am in shock! Both DH and I never went to college after highschool and DH went when he was 32 so this is all new to us. Sorry if I am being silly but we are really excited here!

Oh, that's super!

I know how you feel. I'm first generation college, taking the long LONG painful route to the finish line, dh isn't a grad (though he has some college) nor are his parents. I remain in awe that we haven't screwed this up completely and that our kids get financial aid, some of it because of merit. It's unsettling, really.

Congratulations to you and to him. This is awesome.

Wahoooo, you go girl!!!!!!

Oh, wow, that is awesome!!

Kudos to both of you.

:party::party:

Oh, and BTW, is this the son who is learning Mandarin? One of my boys asked me the other day about learning Chinese and I told him that one of your sons has taken some classes. Did it work out for him to do a class at the U of A?

Now you'll be one of those people we talk about when we're listing successful homeschoolers..."and her son received a scholarship!" :001_smile:

Congratulations to to all of you! Thanks for sharing your good news with us :001_smile:

Oh, and BTW, is this the son who is learning Mandarin? One of my boys asked me the other day about learning Chinese and I told him that one of your sons has taken some classes. Did it work out for him to do a class at the U of A?

He did do a year of mandarin, but he didn't continue it this year. Driving to the U would have been too much for him this year . He ended up taking spanish instead at the CC closer to home.

Not silly at all rather worthy of celebrating!! Yippee!

:party: