Menu

Wedding date set

After much discussion, conflicting schedules, extended family medical issues, out of state family and friends and no way to make everyone happy....we have decided to elope!

Ok, not the 'sneak out the window in the middle of the night' kind. More along the lines of having ONLY our parents and our 3 children as guests and having the ceremony in a bed and breakfast. Bed and breakfast has a package deal where basically we just show up dressed and they take care of everything else.

2 weeks later we are throwing a big reception to which everyone is invited.

We are so happy about this decision.

I leave for NYC tomorrow and will not see him until next Thursday....longest we have been apart since we met 9 weeks ago....and the last time we plan to be apart barring some emergency. Then 2 weeks after I return we will be married. November 5th 3:00 p.m.

:001_wub:

Congratulations! :D

I know everyone likes big weddings, but my husband and I were married at a wedding chapel in South Lake Tahoe. My two children (from a previous marriage) were there, along with our parents and siblings (and two of their kids). We also each invited our best friend. That was it. We loved it!

I think you're doing the right thing, and you'll be way less stressed out!

Sounds wonderful but I didn't hear anything about the live feed to the WTM forum so that we can "listen in"!:D

Hee hee....I'll get right on that. ds10 has a new Video camera (pocket size)...maybe I will let him video it and download a snippet for my WTM friends.

Oh, come on, sneak out the window, make the story even more dramatic! Just teasing. :D Congratulations!

Oh man, I thought the same thing. I mean, how many more times will you get to sneak out a window??!!

Best wishes for a life filled with happiness and serenity!

Sounds wonderful but I didn't hear anything about the live feed to the WTM forum so that we can "listen in"!:D

:iagree:

Hee hee....I'll get right on that. ds10 has a new Video camera (pocket size)...maybe I will let him video it and download a snippet for my WTM friends.

:D

God bless you both, and you kids!!

Yes -- we need that!!! Photos, videos, and maybe you could send us each a little piece of wedding cake. (I, personally, would like a very large piece, but I'm just greedy. And hungry.)

Congratulations, Scarlett -- and if you sneak out the window, we will be expecting a video of that, too! ;)

BTW, how is your son doing with all of this? I know he was being a bit difficult about the engagement, but I hope he's coming around and starting to be more positive about J.

Cat

Edited by Catwoman

BTW, how is your son doing with all of this? I know he was being a bit difficult about the engagement, but I hope he's coming around and starting to be more positive about J.

I'm sure Son helping you sneak out the window would help. :tongue_smilie:

Congratulations, Scarlett!

:)

Rosie

Yes -- we need that!!! Photos, videos, and maybe you could send us each a little piece of wedding cake. (I, personally, would like a very large piece, but I'm just greedy. And hungry.)

Congratulations, Scarlett -- and if you sneak out the window, we will be expecting a video of that, too! ;)

Cat

Thank you for asking! He is doing MUCH better. Most days he seems fine...he was tickled and grinning when J met my XH (ds's dad). He grinned and said, 'dad and step dad.' Later J said, 'did you notice I'm already stepdad?'

Sometimes ds still says with a pout, 'I don't want you to marry J!' I just nod and say, 'I know. Hoping you get used to the idea.' Honestly his actions do not match his words. He seems excited and happy. Loves his soon to be stepbrothers....I think it will be ok.

• 3 weeks later...
Tomorrow is my big day! Thanks to all of you who hung in there with me through this past year and a half. Wow what a great ending to that and beginning to the rest of my life.

Love you all!! :grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: Best wishes to you! Prayers for a lovely stress-free day and for a happy life together!

We did something very similar and have never regretted it. We were married in Scotland, where we honeymooned, just the two of us. We had big, casual party at our house a few weeks later. It was perfect.

So happy to hear this! We are pretty excited. We have the invitations to the reception all ready to go as soon as we return from our honeymoon. From Mr. and Mrs. Butler. ;)

After much discussion, conflicting schedules, extended family medical issues, out of state family and friends and no way to make everyone happy....we have decided to elope!

Ok, not the 'sneak out the window in the middle of the night' kind. More along the lines of having ONLY our parents and our 3 children as guests and having the ceremony in a bed and breakfast. Bed and breakfast has a package deal where basically we just show up dressed and they take care of everything else.

2 weeks later we are throwing a big reception to which everyone is invited.

We are so happy about this decision.

I leave for NYC tomorrow and will not see him until next Thursday....longest we have been apart since we met 9 weeks ago....and the last time we plan to be apart barring some emergency. Then 2 weeks after I return we will be married. November 5th 3:00 p.m.

:001_wub:

I didn't see this the first time around. This is absolutely PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow is the day!

Will you be posting a pic of you and your new man for all of us???:001_smile:

I didn't see this the first time around. This is absolutely PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow is the day!

Will you be posting a pic of you and your new man for all of us???:001_smile:

Maybe.....:) Did you see the headless shot of me in my dress? LOL....I've stayed anonymous on this board for so many years....not sure what I'm afraid of though. I really have nothing to hide.

Right now Mr. Butler is asleep on my sofa while our boys get their showers...I'm about to wake him up and send him back to his place for one last night! He happens to be sick too....so hope he is well enough to say 'I do' tomorrow.

Thanks all! :grouphug:

Maybe.....:) Did you see the headless shot of me in my dress? LOL....I've stayed anonymous on this board for so many years....not sure what I'm afraid of though. I really have nothing to hide.

Right now Mr. Butler is asleep on my sofa while our boys get their showers...I'm about to wake him up and send him back to his place for one last night! He happens to be sick too....so hope he is well enough to say 'I do' tomorrow.

Where's the photo of you ? Can you link it ? :001_smile::bigear:

Hey, Scarlett!! Good for you! I know the peace that comes from settling details... My dh and I did something similar. Had a nice family dinner to explain to the children, arranged for them all to be happy over a weekend and eloped. We planned our reception for later. It was a perfect decision for us.

Blessings to you. May you have perfect peace and joy.

He'll be fine! Wolf was sick the evening before and morning of our wedding. He broke out in a sweat during the ceremony so badly that I *had* to keep wiping off his chin!

Less than 10 minutes after the ceremony, and he was miraculously fully recovered :tongue_smilie:

Yay, ITS YOUR WEDDING DAY!!! CONGRATS!!!!

He'll be fine! Wolf was sick the evening before and morning of our wedding. He broke out in a sweat during the ceremony so badly that I *had* to keep wiping off his chin!

Less than 10 minutes after the ceremony, and he was miraculously fully recovered :tongue_smilie:

Yay, ITS YOUR WEDDING DAY!!! CONGRATS!!!!

Ds10 was horribly ill on Monday as were several of our other friends. We thought we had escaped it, but maybe not. I kept asking him if he thinks it is nerves...he says no. His stomach was all crampy...he said he thought he might start his period any minute. :glare:

Anyway, haven't talked to him this morning. Hope he is better.

I'm off to get a mani/pedi, then mom is taking me to lunch, and to get my make up done and my hair and then I go to the B&B and get dressed and get married!

Next time I chat with my WTM friends I will be married!!!

Ds10 was horribly ill on Monday as were several of our other friends. We thought we had escaped it, but maybe not. I kept asking him if he thinks it is nerves...he says no. His stomach was all crampy...he said he thought he might start his period any minute. :glare:

Anyway, haven't talked to him this morning. Hope he is better.

I'm off to get a mani/pedi, then mom is taking me to lunch, and to get my make up done and my hair and then I go to the B&B and get dressed and get married!

Next time I chat with my WTM friends I will be married!!!

I'm so happy for you. Not the sick part obviously :tongue_smilie:

Have a wonderful day. :party:

woah! That will teach me for no longer checking the General Board on a regular basis!!!

SCarlett is getting married? To a man she met 9 weeks ago? Woah!!! What's the story here???

Congrats to you! Sounds like a really romantic story!

Cleo

ps. we eloped too. Just my parents were to my wedding. Not even his! My mom was my witness, and my dad was his. That was it. We did it at a nice French restaurant.