Menu

Thoughts on this baby name

I love it...only old folks will think "Sadie Sadie Painted Lady".

I am still waiting for some more Jeans to show up - my Jean is turning 17 and is STILL the only Jean under 50 we know of!!!!

I never knew Sadie was a nickname for Sarah. I doubt it matters.

Jean is French for John. I have both. Also a Jaclyn - Jack is a nickname for John! At least my Joe is different!

I think Sadie is cute but I couldn't use it because I know too many canines with the same name. No offense to the human Sadies out in the world. I also think of Sadie Hawkins.

I do LOVE Josephine. I think that would make a great first name.

With that said, I think you should name your baby Sadie Josephine if that is what you love.

Not too old, I know at least 5 Sadies that under 10 though so you may want to see how common it is in your area. Sometimes there are clusters, in geographical areas when people hear a name and it sticks with them, and then they use the name for their own child.

This baby name ranking site it says it is ranked at 107 and was still going up in the last year recorded.

I agree with the other poster who said it is a common canine name FWIW. My SIL has a dalmatian named Sadie (that is why I always notice it when a girl has that name.)

Edited by Tap, tap, tap

I think Sadie is cute but I couldn't use it because I know too many canines with the same name. ......

With that said, I think you should name your baby Sadie Josephine if that is what you love.

OMG I was just coming on here to post the same thing! Maybe it's because I've spent all weekend at yet another dog show so it's fresh in my mind, but there are a LOT of dogs named "Sadie."

That being said, we named our daughter "Molly" and THAT is the most popular dog name in the country! :D Good thing she's a dog-show kid! :D

astrid (honestly, we just always loved the name--- had nothing really to do with dogs!)

I am still waiting for some more Jeans to show up - my Jean is turning 17 and is STILL the only Jean under 50 we know of!!!!

There's me! I'm 36. My daughter's middle name is Jean (it's a family name) too.

About Sadie, I think it's a great name, but I do kind of prefer kids to have grown-up versions to fall back on. (Like, if I wanted a Maggie I'd name her Margaret.) I guess that wouldn't work, though, if the original of Sadie is Sarah and you already have one.

"Sadie" is lovely, but it was originally used as a nickname for "Sarah" -- and you've already got a Sarah. Otherwise, I think Sadie is fine. :)

I wondered if it was a nickname. Also, hate to say it, because I do love the name, but I've known several dogs named Sadie. Honestly, I think of it now as a dog's name.

ETA: Should have read past the second page before I posted. Whoops.