Menu

Just a prayer reminder from a previous post...son's brain surgery is tomorrow morning

Just wanted to remind folks to pray if you think of us. Our son's brain surgery (functional hemispherectomy) is tomorrow morning. He has done well coming off his major seizure med this past 10 days in preparation for the surgery. This is going to be so stressful; I cannot begin to tell you. The Lord has been so gracious though and we stand in desperate need of his peace and strength for us and his perfect will for our Jonathan. Thanks so much.

Just wanted to remind folks to pray if you think of us. Our son's brain surgery (functional hemispherectomy) is tomorrow morning. He has done well coming off his major seizure med this past 10 days in preparation for the surgery. This is going to be so stressful; I cannot begin to tell you. The Lord has been so gracious though and we stand in desperate need of his peace and strength for us and his perfect will for our Jonathan. Thanks so much.

Penny, excellent. I've been thinking of you and your son today and was going to post you for an update so thanks for this. Praying. Everything will be fine. God bless you and your family. :grouphug: Sheryl

Penny, When is the surgery time? When are you expected to be there? And, what is the length of time the drs are talking about?

Penny, When is the surgery time? When are you expected to be there? And, what is the length of time the drs are talking about?

I just received a call that he has been bumped up to the first procedure because of the length (3-6 hours). A new neuro-surgeon to the group will be assisting our Dr. with a student Dr. observing. We have to be there at 5:30 and his surgery will start about 8:30-9:00 CT.

Thank you so much for the prayers!

Edited by Penny from Tenny
time zone

Edited to clarify - Didn't mean to sound like our stress is more important than Jonathan's need for prayers for the procedure; it's just that he has no clue what is about to take place and therefore does not feel the stress like we do. I know he is in the Lord's hands. We ALL need prayers. I hope I didn't come across as selfish....probably a little hyper sensitive right now.

I just received a call that he has been bumped up to the first procedure because of the length (3-6 hours). A new neuro-surgeon to the group will be assisting our Dr. with a student Dr. observing. We have to be there at 5:30 and his surgery will start about 8:30-9:00 CT.

Thank you so much for the prayers!

OK, got that Penny! Will be in prayer and will send to others for prayer for your ds. Remember you, your ds, family are ANCHORED in Christ! Sheryl :grouphug:

Edited to clarify - Didn't mean to sound like our stress is more important than Jonathan's need for prayers for the procedure; it's just that he has no clue what is about to take place and therefore does not feel the stress like we do. I know he is in the Lord's hands. We ALL need prayers. I hope I didn't come across as selfish....probably a little hyper sensitive right now.

:grouphug: I didn't get that from your post AT.ALL! You sound like such a strong person with a strong faith. I'll pray.

Praying for peace for you as you wait for tomorrow to get here, and we will pray for you, your son and the doctors tomorrow morning.

May God calm the fears that any mother would have under such circumstances and wrap you in His arms with love and comfort. "For He himself is our peace" Eph 2:14

:grouphug:

All my prayers. :grouphug:

Quick Update

We are in ICU and Jonathan is still sleeping. The procedure was about 5 hours long and was successful as far as we can tell right now. He has some bleeding that is being drained right now and monitored closely. It is amazing what they accomplished. We will know more after ct scan and as he wakes up.

God has worked in so many ways! Please keep praying.

Thanks!

I'll update more tomorrow.