Menu

grammAr, grammAr, grammAr...

Grammer drives me batty.

I know I'm not the spelling police. What really gets me is when people say "well, I'm just not a great typist." Look at your keyboard: a is your pinkie and e is your second finger. It isn't a fat finger mistake. Writing grammsr would be.

Sometimes I fear for the children. In many ways. But that is just my judgmental vein. I'm working on it.

a

I am glad I'm not the only one :grouphug: who is tripped on by this word. I always type it incorrectly and have to go back and change the E to A.

Yes! Ds likes a schedule on the white board and I'm always standing there, marker in hand, trying to decide if it's "a" or "e". I don't do that for too many words....especially ones I use all the time!

LOL - I bought a really expensive book based on someone's recommendation, a book about learning foreign languages. Apparently no one clued the illustrator in on the fact that it's spelled "grammar" and every single illustration had it spelled wrong, while it was spelled correctly in the text. It drove me nuts!

I'm always tempted to tell someone when they ask for a "grammer" curriculum on the WTB board that they also need to pick up a new spelling curriculum while they're at it.:lol:

:lol:

These threads make me paranoid about my spelling & grammar...:leaving:

I'm always tempted to tell someone when they ask for a "grammer" curriculum on the WTB board that they also need to pick up a new spelling curriculum while they're at it.:lol:

What if they ask for a grammer cirriculum? I just saw a website offering "curriculums" for sale (i.e. developed by this person, not used stuff) in various subjects. That bugs me.

LOL...in grammAr school I had a teacher named GrammEr. She boasted that by the end of one year in her classroom no student of hers could possibly make that mistake. I can still remember Mrs. Grammer's face and smile when she mentioned it. She taught us lots of tricks to remember how to spell tough words.

Grammer drives me batty.

I know I'm not the spelling police. What really gets me is when people say "well, I'm just not a great typist." Look at your keyboard: a is your pinkie and e is your second finger. It isn't a fat finger mistake. Writing grammsr would be.

Sometimes I fear for the children. In many ways. But that is just my judgmental vein. I'm working on it.

a

Love this. :iagree: Me too!

Grammer drives me batty.

Yes, me too. Spelling errors in general bug me terribly. I started this thread because I saw "grammer" in several posts, and I guess it just got to me. ;) I didn't intend to be a spelling snob, but it just tends to come out, you know? I have to keep reminding myself that I'm not the spelling police. :tongue_smilie:

Yes, me too. Spelling errors in general bug me terribly. I started this thread because I saw "grammer" in several posts, and I guess it just got to me. ;) I didn't intend to be a spelling snob, but it just tends to come out, you know? I have to keep reminding myself that I'm not the spelling police. :tongue_smilie:

I know that most of us misspell some words on occasion. It is the nature of quick typing and slow thinking :D. However, I do find myself being very judgmental of some posters who misspell several words in one post -- and do so on most occasions. I've even thought "Geez -- and you are HOMESCHOOLING your children :confused:?"

Then, I look at my checkbook addition and subtraction :lol:. 'Nuff Said. Instant humility.

I can understand it on the title line because there is no red line telling you of spelling mistakes. But in the body of the text there is a red squiggle to tell you if it is misspelled. All you have to do is to click on the red squiggle and it will tell you the correct spelling. So - pay attention to the red squiggle! It's not rckt sceince, folks!:D

I can understand it on the title line because there is no red line telling you of spelling mistakes. But in the body of the text there is a red squiggle to tell you if it is misspelled. All you have to do is to click on the red squiggle and it will tell you the correct spelling. So - pay attention to the red squiggle! It's not rckt sceince, folks!:D

That only works in certain browsers. I use firefox and that's one of the reasons. I don't think Internet Explorer does that.

kelsey_grammer180.jpg

grammer. Kelsey GrammEr :lol:

Ha! When I saw the headline, I very nearly hit reply to type "Kelsey Grammer, Kelsey Grammer, Kelsey Grammer" :lol:

LOSE LOSE LOSE weight, not LOOSE weight.

Although, some of us with infants do have some loose weight hanging out about the middle. :D

That only works in certain browsers. I use firefox and that's one of the reasons. I don't think Internet Explorer does that.

Which is only one of the main reasons I :001_wub: Firefox!

As homeschoolers, we should no that grammer and spelling should defiantly be seperate cirriculums. (admittedly, I ALWAYS have to look up "separate" when I need to type it! ) :lol:

I remember it by thinking a paring knife separates. I come up with all kinds of odd things like that.

Now, if you see my posts with "the" spelled teh and "more" spelled moer (I just did it! LOL), then know it's a typing error and my backwards brain trying to live in a forwards world. I mistype those words about 1/2 the time and go back and correct before pushing send.

I remember it by thinking a paring knife separates. I come up with all kinds of odd things like that.

Now, if you see my posts with "the" spelled teh and "more" spelled moer (I just did it! LOL), then know it's a typing error and my backwards brain trying to live in a forwards world. I mistype those words about 1/2 the time and go back and correct before pushing send.

or there's "a rat" in "separate"

I notice when I'm tired my brain forgets to put NOT or NO in the places I want it. I've had to hurriedly edit my posts several times as it completely changes the meaning of what I'm trying to say. :confused::lol: