Menu

Spin-Off: What was your major in college?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My bachelor's degree is in Therapeutic Recreation. My master's is in Marriage and Family Therapy/Religious Studies. It seemed like a waste of time when I decided I'd definately be homeschooling, but thankfully, I am now able to work full-time at a job that I absolutely LOVE and it doesn't infer with homeschooling at all! I work night shifts and even get paid to sleep! I feel so blessed to be able to do what I love to do and still have my children at home.

I had something called an Inorganic Chemistry option, which was similar to a minor, but in a related field.

I would have switched to History during my freshman year, but my mom said that if I did, they would not pay toward college and I could go to a cheap place for that. So I stuck it out in Chem E.

One good thing about having a science or engineering background is that it made me truly well-rounded. I have always studied history, theology, sacred music, literature, and anthropology on my own for fun. I don't think I would have learned science or tech on my own.

Where I feel most lacking is foreign language and visual art.

I believe everywhere I went called it either "Theater Arts' or "Communications"... no matter, all I really took after my AA general courses were film history/theory/criticism and also, at UCLA - Film Archival work (I got to play with decaying nitrate film! wheee!). Also some photography, but video and/or film production courses only when forced to do so (too expensive).

English major

I had almost enough credits to also have a classics degree, though the few upper level Greek courses I would have had to take to get it would have, I am sure, been the death of me. :001_smile:

The joke in the English dept. was that Classics majors were the only people English majors could taunt with, "What are you going to do with that major?" Why, homeschool, of course. :D

That's a degree with an equal number of credits (15 each) in:

Anthropolgy

Socialogy

Psychology

Child Development

What's it good for?

Homeschooling, of course.

I have no idea why I got it in the first place. Basically I just wanted an education and that was what I was interested in. I think that if I ever need to go to work I will just get a management job at a big box bookstore. No additional education needed, I already have extensive retail experience and I love books!

I usually say Social Science, that way I don't have to admit to Psychology. I was actually going for my BSW(Social Work) but without going through a very long story my senior year I switched my major , realized it was a mistake tried to switch back then figured I just needed to graduate. I was short 1 class for getting my major in Sociology so I chose Social Science with an emphasis in Psych. Ugh

Cheri