Menu

How much of your curriculum do you have for next year for your dc?

How much do you have purchased for school next year?  

1. 1. How much do you have purchased for school next year?

• I have 100% of everything I need
    • I have between 75-100%
    • I have between 50%-75%
    • I have between 25% and 50%
    • I have under 25%
    • What??? I haven't bought ANYTHING yet

Guest Cindie2dds

I replied 100%. I have everything already. The only thing I haven't done is print out the rest of MEP for math, but that is only because I am trying to find out the most economical way to do it. Other than that, we are done. Unless, of course, someone out there tries to tempt me with something new.... :glare:

I replied 100%. I have everything already. The only thing I haven't done is print out the rest of MEP for math, but that is only because I am trying to find out the most economical way to do it. Other than that, we are done. Unless, of course, someone out there tries to tempt me with something new.... :glare:

I am so jealous!! :thumbup1:

I have about 50-75%, but we start full-up in June, so its getting close. I just have an Amazon order and Rainbow Resources order to make. Everything is in the cart, I just need to press submit. I'm just waiting to make sure there isn't anything small to add to my orders. I try to take advantage of free shipping.

I put 75-100% because I just realized that my youngest probably won't be quite ready for CLE Learn to Read at the beginning of his K year, which is fine but it means I'll have to find something else for before then.

I have everything I should need for oldest son and I may need an item or two for my dd if she finishes some things over the summer but I'm not sure what her progress will be.

Under 25% :( I have SO MUCH left to buy. There are some things that I am waiting to buy because they will be having a sale or homeschool buyers co-op is working on a deal with them. Also, there will be a local used curriculum sale in June, so I'm waiting to see if I see anything I need there. I'm trying to spend a little less by waiting for some sales, but not having so much of it when it feels like next school year is around the corner stresses me out.

LL with LOTR for the 9th grader. He is so pumped about that.

MCP F for boy #4

Lials Introductory Algebra 6th edition

ETC 1-8

I haven't even started on 10th grade materials and as he is my oldest, I don't have much in that grade level yet. Science of his choice is on the shelf, but that's it.

Need some of the OM books and supplies to complete the syllabus I already have on hand.

probably forgetting a few things...

I am good on math and spelling. I have to read my books by Wise...ordinary parents guide to teaching reading and First language lessons, to figure out what else I am going to do for that. I am making up science with library stuff and internet stuff. We are doing plants, then animals and the human body based on the reccs from WTM I do have a Scott Foresmant science book for 1st grade but not the workbook so I think I will sell the book (can't find the workbook anywhere!)

Still need to get grammar (I think) and maybe social studies...still investigating that.

For reading we just read ALOT!, Bible we do bible stories and daily devotional, copy work we copy the verse from the devotional.

I'm with Audrey, I can't buy too far ahead, even if it's for August! I probably won't start buying until June. It's partly a funding issue and partly because I am just not excited about purchasing for next year! What is up with that? I'm pretty sure I need a long vacation...something that doesn't require choosing a pre-algebra program!!

I have purchased exactly one item for next year: Traditional Logic for my dd. My ds is going to use Rod and Staff grammar 5, which we already have, so that doesn't count. Actually, that's not entirely correct. I also have two pre-algebra books. :) Will likely use one of them (the Dolciani).

I had several things and I am borrowing some stuff from my sister. We were planning on using K12 through our state VA again next year but have decided against it for my upcoming 3rd grader. So, I am piecing it together. Some of it won't be purchased until later though as I am waiting until we are ready for it.

Guest mrsjamiesouth

I voted 100 Percent! So, ask me why I am going to a Homeschool Conference Next week. :D I told my husband I want to buy wheat and soap. :lol: And, I will try really hard Not to buy more curriculum.

Guest Cindie2dds
I voted 100 Percent! So, ask me why I am going to a Homeschool Conference Next week. :D I told my husband I want to buy wheat and soap. :lol: And, I will try really hard Not to buy more curriculum.

Um, why, indeed. ;) I was wanting to go to our local one also. I need to stay away!

I need to get some living books for history, but I'm near a good library system now, and will try ILL, hurrah!

Need some simple lives of chemists

I'm thinking of printing out some MEP for enrichment.

So far I have:

SM 3A

MCT set

GWG 3

SWO

ZB cursive

REAL SO Chem

Atoms to Molecules

3 history spines

Plenty of art books, supplies, and music CDs.

Minimus and Song School Latin

A geography workbook

What am I forgetting! There must be something.

I have all of our actual curricula. I need to get 8 or 10 albums for music appreciation for the oldest, and I have several more books I'd like to acquire before the beginning of the next school year, but only five or so that we're actually scheduling to use - the rest are just "gravy."

I have a lot of what I need, I clicked 50-75%, but I haven't bought anything for next year yet. I'm no longer hsing my oldest and most of what I need for my #2 is stuff I used for my oldest a couple of years ago. Plus I was given a box of things I need from Book Samaritan. So I don't have a lot left to buy. That being said, I never purchase my curriculum this early in the year. I won't be buying anything until June. Then friends who visit every July bring it over to me. Saves on international shipping. :001_smile:

The only things I have are the things we will continue from this year; WriteShop for oldest son and TOG (which we started mid year). I buy MUS every year at our homeschool convention which is in June. I also browse through things there to help finalize my decisions on new things I want to try. Then I come home and order whatever else I need around the end of June.

Last year by this time I had 100% of what I needed, my lesson plans for the year were pretty much done, and I had made all the advance copies and printouts of everything I could do ahead of time. I was ready!

Now... we are way behind where I wanted to be by this point in the year. I planned way too much and expected way more independence than my kids were ready for.

So this year, I am relaxing. I am just now looking at what we will need for next year. I am trying to be more deliberate in my purchases and ask myself many times before spending money buying and time planning, "Can I really use this the way I would like to and will it really help us meet our educational goals?" I am a little nervous that I am not nearly as "prepared" as I usually am by this point, but I think in the long run it will be better for my kids' educations and my mental and physical health.

I haven't bought a thing yet, I am waiting on the big sale next month at Mardels for some and for the rest for DH to give the go ahead and click submit. But this is going to be our first year HSing. :D

Edited by *Amber*
bad typos

I've got plans made for next year, but only have part of my supplies for the fall. The rest of my fall supplies have been ordered, but aren't here yet.

I'm waiting to order things that I won't need until spring. We're going back to the US in December, so I don't want to order and pay international shipping rates only to lug it back in our suitcases. :tongue_smilie:

Blessings,

Laura

Everything you need. Curriculum, any supplemental items (that you are purchasing, not including what you will be borrowing from a library or anywhere else) How much have you bought already?

I am doing soooo much better than last year, but still need so much more. *sigh*

Because we hs year around, and there are times when I will buy something to look but won't need for a while before I buy something that is tried and true and I know I can pick up last minuet that is sorta hard to answer.

For example I have own roughly 8 algebra texts, and have had most of them for 6 months (no still haven't made a final decision), but I don't need it for another 6monts to a year. ON the other hand haven't bought the Bible program I will need in a couple of months because I don't have to even think twice about that one.

But that said I have in house:

All the math needed for a year or more, but I need to settle on an Algebra program(s).

Enough TOG books for 4-7 months (and I do own all the year plans).

Classical Writing for the next two years.

AAS-all that is published.

Latin-Still need to make up my mind.

Science-covered for the next yearish, including Apologia General.

I will need to buy Barton Reading levels as needed.

Wow, I didn't realize I had so much covered. Good to know! :D

Heather

I picked 50-75%, closer to 75%. I'm stalking Teaching Textbooks for their "Coming in April" TT3 that hasn't been for sale yet and I need 4th grade writing. I just scored on K12 Levels E and F at a used book store and I am really impressed with them, so I'd like to find Level D or even C for my 4th grader.

I just received my RR order and half my Amazon order yesterday and today. I'm excited to be ready so early...I even have almost everything planned out in HST+ already, too!