Menu

What are some quotes you like to live by?

I'm learning to live by the one in my signature -- the full prayer ends with "Yea O Lord, help me to see my own sin, and not to condemn my brother. For blessed art Thou unto ages of ages, Amen."

The shorter version is "O Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me." :001_smile:

"No success in the world can compensate for failure in the home"

"Time is going to pass whether I do anything or not" (I use this to motivate myself when facing big choices that aren't likely to bring about immediate results - results will come with time, and I have to keep moving)

" 'Shoulda, woulda, coulda' doesn't get you very far." (i.e. don't rehash the past or bemoan past mistakes, move forward!)

This is one I tell the kids:

'If 50,000 people do a foolish thing, it's STILL a foolish thing.'

ALSO:

'If you tell the truth all of the time, I can always believe you. If you tell the truth only some of the time, I can NEVER believe you.'

I love this thread!

"If you keep doing what you're doing, you're gonna keep getting what your getting"

"Don't put off til tomorrow what can be done today"

I love this poem from FLL1/2:

"Work while you work

Play while you play

This is the way to be happy each day

All that you do, do with your might

Things done by halves are never done right"

I know the poem isn't right, but all I have to do is say the first two lines and the kids know to work during work time.

Love this quote from your sig line, Rosie.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

How true.

Now I really have to go and find out who Krishnamurti is/was. I've been meaning to for ages!

:blush:

Rosie

"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well." - Julian of Norwich

"It's not what you do, it's how you feel when you do it." - Abraham-Hicks

"You cannot have a happy ending to an unhappy journey." - Abraham-Hicks (This is about being happy in the now, rather than being miserable in the now and expecting to be happy when you get to whatever it is you think you want.)

"What other people think of me is none of my business." - Wayne Dyer

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." - George Bernard Shaw

"We do not attract what we want, but what we are." - James Lane Allen

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

At days end I give all my worries to God... He's gonna be up anyway. unknown

I'm learning to put God first (our church is doing the Blessed Life series) so on my wall is a sign: God first... in my heart, in my checkbook, in my day, in my motives, in my words, in my actions

Lara

"A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part." - a sign at our drivers license bureau. I quote this frequently.

"You do not like them, so you say!

Try them, try them and you may!

Try them and you may I say!"

Dr. Seuss

Can you tell my husband has been gone all week and I've been alone with the kids?

Leanna

Before I was saved mine was, "Every day above ground is a good day."

After I was saved my favorite Bible verse became, "This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it." They both mean the same thing to me.

One funny, but not serious one that I use is, "hard work pays off in the end, but procrastination pays off right now."

Your beliefs become your thoughts,

Your thoughts become your words,

Your words become your actions,

Your actions become your habits,

Your habits become your values,

Your values become your destiny.

— Mahatma Gandhi

Be the change that you want to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi

"Men often become what they believe themselves to be. If I believe I cannot do something, it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe I can, then I acquire the ability to do it even if I didn't have it in the beginning."

— Mahatma Gandhi

He was a wise man!

And these from Madiba:

We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right.

- Nelson Mandela

There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.

- Nelson Mandela

"Character is what you are in the dark."

~Dwight L. Moody

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them."

~ George Bernard Shaw

"The most important work you will ever do will be in the walls of your own home." (Harold B. Lee)

"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." Thumper in Bambi

"For every worry under the sun,

there is a remedy or there is none.

If there be one, hurry and find it!

If there be none, nevermind it!"

(Unfortunately I don't know the author of this little poem, I memorized it back in high school & can't remember!)