Menu

What are you cooking for dinner?

The temp in our kitchen must be over 90 degrees with the de-humidifier running - and they say it will be in there until at least Friday.

DH has a dinner reception at the Ritz-Carlton this evening -- I daresay, whomever is hosting it would likely notice if the kids and I showed up :glare:.

The kids and I will probably go to Wegman's :auto: -- dd8 and dd10 want to go to the steam table, ds8 will have pizza, and I can make myself a nice salad at the salad bar. We wanted to go there last night, but serv-pro showed up as we were walking out the door so the trip was cancelled and dh brought home Chinese food.

What time is dinner? ;)

Come on over. lol I don't buy tuna much, but there was a huge fresh tuna at the fishmongers yesterday and he was slicing it as I arrived.

What would you want for sides? It's humid here, so I am sticking to the grill. The summer corn is waning, so I guess we'll enjoy before it's over. I am thinking mango something else, but i've just not had enough coffee to figure it out yet.

I think I'm going to pound out chicken breast, roll them around a bit of ham, swiss and sage, bread them with Panko and bake.

I'll make a mustard sauce of some sort to go over the top.

If I get my act together I will bake a loaf of bread.

We'll also have a big salad and whatever vegetable the boys choose from the CSA share we'll be picking up today.

That's the plan, anyway. I have one boy working at the library, the other boy and my husband at baseball practice, and my first ever PTSA meeting tonight.

:001_huh:

I'm going to make a big pot of chicken soup. I cheated though, I had DH pick up some frozen pre-cooked chicken strips yesterday (I'm sick, I don't like cooking raw meat on a GOOD day). I'll just add some canned broth since the chicken is already cooked. We have two big loaves of french bread to go with the soup- yum.

But we're in need of chicken soup in our house, LOL.

and dh wants me to bake some sort of cake for dessert - any ideas?

i make an applesauce cake. low in sugar and i even put pureed cartots. with a brown sugar and oat topping. yum. pm me if you want it BUT you have to make it and share the results

its EASY

DINNER IS DONE!!!! im so happy i deserve some time here. ds2 just came to me with a pacifier and said he wants night night, yeah right.

dd is watching the seeker

and then i told her she HAS to do school. shes putting it off. then we are gonna weed the garden together :)

I'd like to come with you eternalknot ;) Anywho, I learned turkey breast can go in the crock pot! So, at 7 am this morning, I popped that baby in and now my house smells so yummy! The kids are already talking about open faced turkey sandwiches!

Smiles,

Teresa in NC

Probably either mac and cheese (with broccoli and sausage in it for me and broccoli on the side for DD), or clam chowder with molasses rolls. If I'm feeling really ambitious, it might be grilled cheese with tomato soup. Whatever it is, I'll be fixing it when I get up from my nap this evening.

I'd like to come with you eternalknot ;) Anywho, I learned turkey breast can go in the crock pot! So, at 7 am this morning, I popped that baby in and now my house smells so yummy! The kids are already talking about open faced turkey sandwiches!

Smiles,

Teresa in NC

So, how did you do the turkey breast? Any seasonings, liquid? I have one in the freezer and have been contemplating if the crock pot would work for this.

Just got back from a Costco run, so I bought a Parisienne Salad kit -- mmmm -- white balsamic dressing! (We rarely have any prepared foods so this is a treat for me!) I'm also going to bake some cod filets with lemon and dill butter and if I'm ambitious, I'll make some rolls. If I'm not ambitious, I'll bake some Parmesan tortilla triangle/crisps.