Menu

*huge vent and whine* today is my birthday.....

I told my family I did not want anyTHING. I work too hard and long at 3 jobs - 2 of which I hate - to want money spent on a birthday present.

I wanted a clean house. Respectful attitudes and behavior. Not only did that not happen, the house and attitudes are WORSE.

I don't want cards about being a great mom or wife.

I want laundry done, dishes washed and no socks on the floor.

I want to be given a gift that makes me feel appreciated, loved and HEARD.

43 is ok; but life today stinks like rotten eggs.

Sorry about the house, Joanne, but happy birthday anyway. Do you think that if you sat down and bawled they'd pay attention? Desperate times you know, lol (just kidding, sort of).

Tomorrow is my birthday. I ordered Bananagrams to celebrate, lol.

Happy birthday, sweetie.

Ria

I am glad I am not the only one who asks for this for my birthday and other holidays. I am sad that I am not the only one who doesn't get it.

:grouphug: and hope your birthday gets better.

ETA: Even with bronchitis, count me in for picking up the socks. I think the other ladies have the laundry covered. ;)

Do what I do - pile everyone in the car, and give yourself no dishes for dinner - restaurant bound (even take-away is a good option)!!!!:auto:

Or do what I do and pile everyone in the car, wave goodbye, and enjoy some peace and quiet!

Happy Birthday!

P.S. I'll do the dusting and vacuuming

I'm sorry, Joanne. I completely understand what you are saying. You are saying that actions really speak better than words -- or even money in this case. You wanted to be treated nicely, kindly. Besides, you already know you're a great mom, right? :) (that was supposed to be cute, not sarcastic).

I think it boils down to it being easier to buy something or write something, but cleaning, putting another person before oneself, etc. are harder -- they require more of a person.

I'm sorry you didn't get your birthday wish. I will still send you birthday wishes, though.

How about this one?

166166082_fdb19c3000.jpg

Or, this one?

clean_house1.jpg

Or this one?

A%20Clean%20House.jpg

or this one?

?table=fol3_catalog_images&key1=BB_feature&key2=404_feature

One year before kids I had a awful birthday:

The only person to get me a present was my cat. And it was big, dead, and under my computer desk - and I stuck my feet on/in it. :ack2:

I then walked out of the condo - and the mentally challenged male neighbor was in the hallway stark naked. :confused:

Sounds lovely. :lol:

Guest janainaz

Happy Birthday to you - what a bummer!!! Seems so simple, doesn't it? Not asking for money, for cards, for stuff, just some thought!

I often ponder at the sink while I do dishes, while I vacuum, while I scrub toilets and AROUND toilets having boys....just wondering what it would feel like to walk through the door and find everything that I do every day already done and to get to enjoy what that would feel like. My husband knows, my sons know, but I would never know. They just don't get it.

Unless I hire a maid, I know I will never ever ever ever find out.

{{Joanne}} Happy Birthday. I am so sorry you had a disappointing day. Gee, is your love language "acts of service", by any chance??

I can't come over and clean your house, do your laundry or smack your kids upside the head for you (figuratively, of course) so my birthday gift to you is some affirmation. You are one of my favorite posters. Whenever I see your posts, I ALWAYS open them up to see what you have to say. I respect your intelligence, your work ethic, your perserverence, your faith, your discipline. You are a blessing to your children, your husband and even your ex-husband, even if they don't always see that. You are a blessing to us here on this board. You are a blessing to parents everywhere with your loving, no-nonsense parenting advice.

Here's to better days, some peace and rest.

One year before kids I had a awful birthday:

The only person to get me a present was my cat. And it was big, dead, and under my computer desk - and I stuck my feet on/in it. :ack2:

I then walked out of the condo - and the mentally challenged male neighbor was in the hallway stark naked. :confused:

So then, two people got you gifts. :D