Menu

Your "Happy Weight"

HAHAHAHAHA! I love weight calculators. I'm 5' even, medium build. It said my "happy" weight is 120 lbs. Although that's closer to reasonable than the weight charts I've seen (95-105), I have to say that I haven't been 120 lbs since early high school.

I must be dense or something. I remember having a fired dept physical and the doctor coming in and saying, with great surprise, "oh! You're not obese..." I weighed all of 130 lbs and was a size 4. At 150, I'm a size 8. At 120, I'd be skeletal.

My happy weight is 141.5 and I am at 143.5. I am happy here, but don't want to get any bigger. I have been up to a size 14 (just after I had my second ds) and that was MISERABLE for me. I am a size 8-10 now and it is definitely where I should be. When I was a senior in highschool...just before having kids, I was a 5-7 and weighed 105 pounds. I was skeletal.

I'm not anywhere close to my "happy weight" however, I would be happy at that weight, or even a little higher.

Actually, I'm just a few pounds from throwing a MAJOR party (maybe late next week?) for hitting a 2nd goal, the one that will put me under 200 pounds for the first time in EIGHT years!

Wow!! Congratulations - that's an AWESOME accomplishment!

I'm at my happy weight and it seems too high for me. I'm 5'10" and it says my happy weight is 158. I'm still a size 10 -12 and I'd really like to be a 10. That's where I feel best. Now, to get rid of this baby fat!!!

HAHAHAHAHA! I love weight calculators. I'm 5' even, medium build. It said my "happy" weight is 120 lbs. Although that's closer to reasonable than the weight charts I've seen (95-105), I have to say that I haven't been 120 lbs since early high school.

I must be dense or something. I remember having a fired dept physical and the doctor coming in and saying, with great surprise, "oh! You're not obese..." I weighed all of 130 lbs and was a size 4. At 150, I'm a size 8. At 120, I'd be skeletal.

I'm dense too. I'm 5'4" and at 150 I'm a size 8 too. I'd be happy to be back there. We must be the super muscular gals or something. :lol::lol: Just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

You all seem so picky, but I think before this pg I have always been a little dense. I think size matters more than weight. I am a size 14 at 156-180 lbs (5'6"). I like to get down to a 12, then I am happy. :0) I would be happy right now if my 14s weren't tight!

At 135 lbs I used to be a size 10 (with a 36 D bra!). I would be smoking hot if I could get to that again... but I need more muscle now.

I was always very comfortable at 135. This calculator put my happy weight at 131, so it's very close.

How I wish I had just stayed there at that comfy 135 instead of joining NutriSystem and becoming Queen Skeletor. They had the nerve to tell me I was overweight....that was the beginning of the yo-yo cycle of dieting hell. :glare:

I'm aiming for 135 again. I've got a ways to go, but I'm on my way. :D

You all seem so picky, but I think before this pg I have always been a little dense. I think size matters more than weight.

Picky in what way?

I do prefer to be a specific size, and that size corresponds with the weight I mentioned.

At 180 I am a size 14. If I were at my happy weight (160) I would be a size 10, and that would be nice. Even better would be a size 8 (150#).

It just happens that it was a weight calculator, not a size calculator.

This cracked me up. It says my happy weight is exactly what I am now after I've lost 10 pounds... but the problem is that I'm having to exercise daily to stay there, and I'm lazy by nature! I think it calculates that weight based on how fit it thinks you are... and I still have a lot of gut to lose, though I'm hoping to gain muscle at the same time, so I doubt my weight will change much. In theory. Hopefully. Gah.

has not had 4 children :glare:

The quiz-defined happy weight is about 7 pounds less than the happy weight number I've targeted for myself. Ah, well, if I ever become willing to give up the chocolate chips, I might have a chance...

Anyway, it cracks me up to see this one place where being considered "dense" is actually a good attribute!

Edited by AuntieM

This is interesting! The calculator shows my happy weight is 132 but I feel I look my very best when I weigh 140, LOL. I am 5'6" and currently weigh 137. My parents are from Cuba and it is considered as unattractive to be too thin as it is to be obese there! I had a cousin who came for a visit during the Holidays and after watching Legally Blonde asked me if Reese Witherspoon was ill during the filming of that movie! :lol: He was shocked when he found out that she was considered attractive here.

There were some answers I wasn't sure about. Like the obese sib/parent. My dad *might* have been in that range when he died. My sis might fluctuate in & out of that range. So I tried it both ways.

I think I'm supposed to answer small-framed, but I tried that & medium.

I never exercise (aha! that's how you spell it!), so I put 1x/wk, but went back to see what a difference 5x would make.

Guess what? My happy weight had a 5lb range, depending on how I answered. It's the 5lb range I lived in from the time I was 12 until baby #1 was born. I was never skeletal because I've always been bookish. As long as my clothes fit, I'd rather be reading, writing, sewing, painting. So I figure that's probably still a good weight. It's the range I'd aim for.

I've got 50lb to lose, though. :glare: The closest I've been to that weight range since having babies was right before I got pg w/ #2. Baby #1 was in daycare, & I was working a sales job that allowed me to really control what I ate & go to the gym during daytime hours. I was *still* 10lb over my happy weight. But I was close enough to see happy coming, lol.

Guess what? My happy weight had a 5lb range, depending on how I answered. It's the 5lb range I lived in from the time I was 12 until baby #1 was born. I was never skeletal because I've always been bookish. As long as my clothes fit, I'd rather be reading, writing, sewing, painting. So I figure that's probably still a good weight. It's the range I'd aim for.
I really enjoyed reading all of your details Aubrey.

My happy weight is supposed to be 147.5. I'm currently at 77 kilos and heading down - my goal is 67 kilos. Transferring everything over to pounds...I'm at 169.4 pounds and my goal is 147.4! Wow! I had no idea that was my goal weight in pounds! I was going to say my happy weight was ridiculous, but I had no idea 67 kilos was 148 pounds. Hmmm...not sure about that happy weight. I'd definitely like to drop anohter 10 kilos (I've dropped 13 so far) so I guess I'd be in that arena.

So what does it mean when someone weighs "18 stone"?

A stone is 14 lbs. So... 252 lbs. 114.5 kilos

I like that it says...Happy Weight Calculator NOT FOR USE BY PREGNANT WOMEN...is that because they never have a happy weight?:lol: just kiddin'

Nah. The last time I was pregnant (with twins) it got to the place where we had a great time seeing just how much I could possibly weigh. (I was on bed rest, didn't get out much.)

I think I ended up weighing in the... 18 stone range. :D

Edited by MyCrazyHouse