Menu

Prayers / good thoughts please--kidney stone

MercyA

I've had lots (and lots) of kidney stones over my lifetime, but I really need to get rid of the current one quickly. DH and I are taking a mini-road trip tomorrow and I have to go; it isn't optional. I'm really not looking forward to a long drive with this thing still inside. 

I have hope that the end is in sight (worsening discomfort and blood in my pee). Please pray / send good thoughts that it will come out soon. My last one was massive so I am a bit nervous.

Thank you, friends.❤️

• Sad 21

3 hours ago, KSera said:

I assume you’re drinking ridiculous amounts of water? I hope it passes any time now!

Ridiculous amounts of sugar-free lemonade because I can't stand plain water (I know, I know...)

No luck yet! It may be a long night. 

Thanks so much for your prayers and good thoughts. Love you all.

• Sad 5

I'm so sorry, I had one once and it was horrible.  

I recently learned of this supplement that's supposed to be fairly good at breaking down kidney stones:  Chanca Piedra.   I don't know much about it at all, but maybe it's worth looking into?

• Thanks 1

Good morning, all! Unfortunately the stone has not passed yet, but I am feeling a little better at the moment. Ready to get the road trip going so I can be back home this afternoon and keep guzzling fluids. 🙂 

We are buying a car from Carvana and driving to a pick up point to save the $700 delivery fee. (They do not often come by our small town.) I'm required to be there since I'm involved in the trade in and purchase. 

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

• Sad 10

I was thinking about you in the night and wondering how you would manage if it hadn’t passed by the time you needed to travel. I had the thought to wonder if you could take an AZO to numb things a bit? Would that be contraindicated for any reason?

I’m hoping you’re at least in the stage where it has left your kidney and made it to your bladder. Bladder to out is a lot more manageable. I hope you have good, comfortable travels and can enjoy taking delivery of your car!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, KSera said:

I was thinking about you in the night and wondering how you would manage if it hadn’t passed by the time you needed to travel. I had the thought to wonder if you could take an AZO to numb things a bit? Would that be contraindicated for any reason?

AZO tablets are how I survive. They are not contradicted and help with the feeling of urgency. Highly recommended for anyone dealing with this issue or with a UTI. Bit of trivia: they are made from a type of orange dye that numbs the urinary tract through contact (when it passes through). When I see orange pee I know I'm going to feel much better. 🙂 

Thank you all so, so much for your words of encouragement and prayers. I literally had under a minute of discomfort during the whole seven hours we were traveling!!! Unbelievable. It's been pretty bad the last couple days. I hope the stone keeps moving, though.

Shout out to Camry Hybrids! We picked up our 2022 model and it drives beautifully. We got about 53 miles a gallon when driving 55-60 mph! Love it. 

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 31