Menu

YUM! (am I weird?). DH says I am.

DawnM

We got a Sara Lee cheesecake to take to Chinese New Year.   There was so much food there (potluck) that most of it did not get eaten.   I brought it home.  Honestly, it isn't that good as a cheesecake, so I have been spreading it on my bagels in the morning.   It doesn't seem that much different than cream cheese and jam to me, but DH thinks it is really weird.

And I don't care if you think it is weird, I own it and love it, so this isn't a JAWM.   

And yes, I am well aware of the fat, sugar, and calories I am consuming and how it isn't the healthiest option, blah, blah, blah.    😂

• Like 20
  • Haha 1

Well, I only like my bagels savory, for some reason, so I wouldn’t care for it, but I know that I’m pretty weird in that.  My family members eat jam on bagels and sweeter bagel flavors like blueberry and cinnamon  swirl all the time, so to them I’m sure it would sound great.

• Like 1

If you compare the calories ounce for ounce, it’s probably the same as flavored cream cheese.

My mom once freaked out over us eating peanut butter oatmeal cookies for breakfast until she compared the nutritional information. The cookie had less sugar and more protein and fiber than instant oatmeal packets OR our favorite breakfast cereals. 

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, Katy said:

If you compare the calories ounce for ounce, it’s probably the same as flavored cream cheese.

My mom once freaked out over us eating peanut butter oatmeal cookies for breakfast until she compared the nutritional information. The cookie had less sugar and more protein and fiber than instant oatmeal packets OR our favorite breakfast cereals. 

Yep.

My kids often eat pumpkin pie for b’fast in the winter. Homemade, including crust. Significantly more nutrition and less sugar than many typical breakfast options.

• Like 4

On 2/21/2024 at 5:37 AM, Rosie_0801 said:

That's not weird. That's inspired.

This!

and as far as health, I'd just be eating the cheesecake for breakfast - at least you added in the bagel! 

(I love to eat cream cheese on graham crackers, so I'm not judging at all)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carol in Cal. said:

See, my husband thinks I’m weird because I like liverwurst on crackers for breakfast sometimes.  And he’s right, but it IS awfully good, though weird.  You do you!

What is weird about that? 

7 hours ago, Carol in Cal. said:

See, my husband thinks I’m weird because I like liverwurst on crackers for breakfast sometimes.  And he’s right, but it IS awfully good, though weird.  You do you!

Interesting.  I do love bagels and lox for breakfast.   I am not a big liverwurst fan though.