Menu

Is this a faint positive Covid test?

Katy

1 minute ago, Katy said:

Did they ever turn fully positive?

I had one that was a hard, fast positive that went like that for 12+ days.  The kid that had this result on a Saturday morning hardly had any symptoms and was negative on Tuesday. He was fully negative for 5 days prior to this faint line.

ETA: he never had a dark line.

Edited by mlktwins
  • Thanks 1

Even if it is negative on retest, if there are symptoms, just hunker down. We have RSV going around so bad, my great niece who is only one years old, is hospitalized. She got the last pediatric bed on this side of the state. The one and only pediatrician in our county says that if she had even one more patient in need of 24/7 care, she is turning her office into a make shift kid emergency unit, and she and her nurses will keep them there because soon there won't be anywhere to send them. That is pretty crazy. The RSV is just is bad. I hope we have a vaccine soon!

Influenza this year is no picnic either. Sigh....😢

• Sad 14

1 hour ago, Faith-manor said:

Even if it is negative on retest, if there are symptoms, just hunker down. We have RSV going around so bad, my great niece who is only one years old, is hospitalized. She got the last pediatric bed on this side of the state. The one and only pediatrician in our county says that if she had even one more patient in need of 24/7 care, she is turning her office into a make shift kid emergency unit, and she and her nurses will keep them there because soon there won't be anywhere to send them. That is pretty crazy. The RSV is just is bad. I hope we have a vaccine soon!

Influenza this year is no picnic either. Sigh....😢

I was at my doctor this morning and the nurse said the exact same thing. She said there are only two pediatric beds available in the entire northeast?! Regardless of accuracy, it’s a dire situation.

• Sad 5

Our insurance apparently covers 8 at-home tests per person per month with no copay through Walgreens. So DH is going to pick up some through the drive through today. We went ahead and did a second test in less than an hour after speaking to the doctor in the family. Especially after another look at the original test 10 minutes later showed negative. We both heard “any line is positive” and “two extra drops of solution can create a temporary false positive” so went ahead and retested. The second test was negative. And kid’s symptoms are gone. So we’ll retest & retest over the next few days. It’s ironic though, DH was just saying this is the first stretch of 3 days without a sick person since school started. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Katy said:

Our insurance apparently covers 8 at-home tests per person per month with no copay through Walgreens. So DH is going to pick up some through the drive through today. We went ahead and did a second test in less than an hour after speaking to the doctor in the family. Especially after another look at the original test 10 minutes later showed negative. We both heard “any line is positive” and “two extra drops of solution can create a temporary false positive” so went ahead and retested. The second test was negative. And kid’s symptoms are gone. So we’ll retest & retest over the next few days. It’s ironic though, DH was just saying this is the first stretch of 3 days without a sick person since school started. 

never heard that before

From what you said about the temporary false positive, that could be it.  But, when we all had it and one kid had only lost smell, they had a barely faint positive.  The testing place said that either kid was just getting sick and would get sicker, or they had a very mild case and would be well, and testing negative in a day or 2.  It turned out to be the latter - kid never got sick and had a negative test 48 hours later.  

• Thanks 1

We had a mix of faint positives, medium positive, and "Wow, that was fast" dark positive. DH went from negative to medium positive in just a few hours (we retested due to being scheduled to work the next day and increasing symptoms).

Viruses shed more in the evening, so we tested in the evening.