Menu

Okay, you guys convinced me!

Terabith

I'm sitting here at home with Roland and his friend Patches.  Maybe new name forthcoming for her.

Actually, I got to the shelter, and Roland didn't want to interact with me.  He was very sleepy.  Patches and a tortoise shell were both super affectionate with me.  I have always wanted an orange cat, so I felt like I'd regret not bringing him home, and all the kitties in this room were around six months old, so I thought two would make sense.  So they could play and not bug Obama.  The shelter staff said Patches really needed a home because she had been there a long time, and wasn't usually very outgoing, and they were worried she was getting an upper respiratory infection and it's hard for them to kick that in the shelter, where they're stressed.  

• Like 34
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, KSera said:

Yay!! So glad you got two!! Roland looks soooo fluffy and soft. Patches does have an URI look about her eyes, but hopefully she will kick it quick now that she has a good home and can hopefully relax.

Yes, she definitely does.  I was really, really on the fence about whether to bring home Patches or this tortoise shell kitty who was so incredibly sweet.  I asked the shelter staff who was more in need of a home, and they said Patches, partially due to the URI and those being so hard to kick in a shelter environment.  I've dealt with them in other cats adopted from shelters, and Obama had a terrible one when we adopted him as a kitten, too.  

• Like 9

So, my youngest child isn't sure Roland is going to work as a name, since she either plays D&D with someone named Roland or maybe his character is named Roland?  She says it will be confusing, or that we would have to get him a little sword.  So I might need to ponder names.  

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Terabith said:

So, my youngest child isn't sure Roland is going to work as a name, since she either plays D&D with someone named Roland or maybe his character is named Roland?  She says it will be confusing, or that we would have to get him a little sword.  So I might need to ponder names.  

Too late! We’ve already named your cats. 😜

• Haha 4

Just now, bibiche said:

Too late! We’ve already named your cats. 😜

I was sitting at the shelter, going, "I know I came here for Roland, but he's like the only cat in this room who hasn't come over to check me out," but then I was like, "No, the Hive will want to know about him...."  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Terabith said:

I was sitting at the shelter, going, "I know I came here for Roland, but he's like the only cat in this room who hasn't come over to check me out," but then I was like, "No, the Hive will want to know about him...."  

😂Yes, we would have sent you back to get him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Terabith said:

Um, if you change Roland...then it kinda kills the whole Juno-60 gag, and we wouldn't want that, would we?

The Hive has spoken!  :tongue:

And Juno-60 is a great name.

Bill

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Spy Car said:

Um, if you change Roland...then it kinda kills the whole Juno-60 gag, and we wouldn't want that, would we?

The Hive has spoken!  :tongue:

And Juno-60 is a great name.

Bill

The problem is that I have no familiarity with the media from whence either Roland or Juno-60 comes.  

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Spy Car said:

That's okay, hip people will get it.

For the rest, someone invented Google  :tongue:

Bill

Ohhh...

I'm allergic to pretty much any animal, but I decided several years ago that if I were ever to have a couple of pets I would name them Hammond and Leslie. :)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Terabith said:

This is the beautiful kitty I had a very hard time leaving.  

2EB391FB-FB5F-41A0-A511-A51B889FE0A4.jpeg

Oh that one looks just like our kitty esmeralda who is a love bug.  I'm sure she will get adopted soon.

I would change Roland because we are Big "Strange Magic" fans and that's the name of the villian.

The thing about understanding the name Roland is that you would have to watch all or most of Schitt’s Creek to gain an understanding of the essence of “Roland”, which is something I recommend you do.😂

Then, the name Roland just becomes hilarious. 

Oh my gosh, when I saw Roland’s face, the name just seemed to fit. Lol. 

But you don’t seem to like that name, which is why you should watch Schitt’s Creek before deciding. 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Indigo Blue said:

But you don’t seem to like that name, which is why you should watch Schitt’s Creek before deciding. 😁

It’s not that I dislike the name.  I haven’t seen Schitt’s Creek.  Honestly, I am seriously tempted to keep the names the shelter gave them.  I’m not good with names.  Catsheput doesn’t seem to fit Patches.  My youngest kid isn’t sure she likes it.  So I’m pondering options.  

I thought about Brendan, for the Irish Saint St. Brendan the Navigator, who according to legend made it to North America on a raft.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Terabith said:

It’s not that I dislike the name.  I haven’t seen Schitt’s Creek.  Honestly, I am seriously tempted to keep the names the shelter gave them.  I’m not good with names.  Catsheput doesn’t seem to fit Patches.  My youngest kid isn’t sure she likes it.  So I’m pondering options.  

I thought about Brendan, for the Irish Saint St. Brendan the Navigator, who according to legend made it to North America on a raft.  

Whatever you decide, he is adorable and his name will be perfect!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Terabith said:

I haven’t seen Schitt’s Creek. 

This is the most shocking thing I have read from you! Why have you not watched Schitt's Creek?! I think you need to spend some quality time on the couch with your new cats and bond with them while you binge watch.

(I'm actually jealous that you haven't watched it, because I would love to be able to watch the whole series again for the first time.)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mom2scouts said:

Go to youtube and watch Jackson Galaxy info on introducing cats. Doing it before they have a bad interaction will save you so much trouble later!

I'm pretty familiar with introducing cats.  These two are together because they were together in the shelter, and I don't have space to quarantine them all separately.

11 minutes ago, mom2scouts said:

I'm just checking in to see if Terabith went back and got the other cat yet.😂

Nope.  My husband would NOT be happy.  And honestly, that would mean five cats in the house when it's summer, and that's way too much cat poop and cat hair.  

I am really considering calling the shelter to check on her and offering to pay her adoption fee to encourage her to go to a good home.  

• Like 9