Menu

supermarket shelves and food prices

10 hours ago, Brittany1116 said:

I am in Florida and bought nearly all the same items this week. Here are our prices:

1 gallon milk $3.99
1 dozen eggs $1.89 
1 small avocado $1.50
package of 3 Romaine hearts $3.99
 apples $1.99 per pound (all apples are 1.99+)
Bananas $.64 per pound
100% whole wheat bread from bakery section $... guessing $3+
16 oz box of spaghetti $1.69

I bought similar this week, fairly rural Northern Illinois:

1 gallon milk $2.49

1 dozen eggs $2.55

Edit: forgot the avocado - $1.94

package of 3 Romaine hearts (did not buy - looked them up on Walmart's site): $3.86

apples$1.48 per pound is the cheapest (which is what I bought, most were $1.75-$1.99 if I recall correctly)

bananas $.45 per pound

I am not currently buying wheat, so I didn't buy bread or spaghetti, but Walmart's site says:

Bakery isn't an option at walmart, but a loaf is about $2.69

16 oz spaghetti $1.58 Barilla brand

Edited by historically accurate
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, historically accurate said:

I bought similar this week, fairly rural Northern Illinois:

1 gallon milk $2.49

1 dozen eggs $2.55

package of 3 Romaine hearts (did not buy - looked them up on Walmart's site): $3.86

apples$1.48 per pound is the cheapest (which is what I bought, most were $1.75-$1.99 if I recall correctly)

bananas $.45 per pound

I am not currently buying wheat, so I didn't buy bread or spaghetti, but Walmart's site says:

Bakery isn't an option at walmart, but a loaf is about $2.69

16 oz spaghetti $1.58 Barilla brand

Jealous of your milk price.  $3.69 here.

• Sad 1

Flour is up $3.00 a 25 pound bag from December.

Since last week donuts went up 10 cents each

almond milk went up 20 cents

Eggs dropped 50 cents from last week but I still more than double a month or so ago currently they were $2.49. 

Bananas were 52 cents a pound. 

I bought two pound boxes of angel hair for $1.60

Didn't buy bread this week but last week everything was running 50-70 cents a loaf more than at the beginning of the year.  

Cheese has gone up 10-20 cents a pound.

• Sad 1

Today, the PPI (Producer Price Index) numbers for March were released--11.2% over the past 12 months (which was higher than expected).  The numbers for March were about 1.5%--which means if things continue on this track, costs for producers will increase at a rate of almost 20% over a year, suggesting higher consumer prices to come.

• Sad 2

On 4/8/2022 at 12:04 PM, Faith-manor said:

Compassion is a two-way street. Our health insurance premium is $16,000 per annum or $21,000 and change aud. We pay half, his employer pays half, so $8,000 to us, $10,000 ish aud. We then have a $7500 (another $10,000 aud ish) per annum deductible that must be paid out of pocket before the insurance kicks in, and then it pays at 90% to some providers, 80% to others still leaving us with more out of pocket expenses. My friend pays similar prices plus $1500 per MONTH for her daughter's seizure meds and this is after the insurance discount or it would be worse on an annual household income of $65,000 a year before taxes, so with state, federal, local, property, and sales tax, disposable income of less than $40,000 a year, and housing, home or renters insurance, car, and car insurance hasn't been accounted for from that yet. $40,000 and literally half of her income goes to healthcare expenses.

For two years, we paid 1/3 of our annual take home income for our three sons to be in college at the same time after academic scholarships which were "generous scholarships" at some of the cheapest choices of state universities. At no time did we get a break on healthcare costs. My sister, on the other hand, pays $165 a semester for tuition. She would be dead if she lived here because she would not be able to afford her healthcare and medication. I don't act like an ass to her because I am jealous of any of this. I am freaking grateful that she has that safety net of the country in which she resides.

If I had to ALSO pay your prices for food and fuel, there would have been many times dh and I did not eat. Yet, I don't get on threads and birch and moan at those who live with universal healthcare and bizarrely cheap university and trade school even though Americans RATION healthcare on a regular basis even for very absi, easily treatable conditions and injuries. I don't birch and moan in anger that you have a better social safety net than we do. I am grateful that your home country has a brain and thinks, "Hm. Damn it all. Maybe we should take health care and education needs of our people." I am happy for you. 

And I still have compassion for the damn awful, crazy grocery prices you pay, and recognize that it is a hardship for you. The collective you or non Americans on this thread. I don't get on the thread and crap all over you and tell you to stop whining because at least you have universal healthcare. I have compassion for the hardships life throws your way.

I know people who go hungry here, who ration food among the adults of the household in order to buy insulin and epipens for their kids. But hey, apparently they are just whiney, spoiled Americans and should shut up.

We dropped over $120k on my disease in the past three years. We spend nearly $2k/month on food. I figured our cost  for gasoline on average for the past three months and it’s roughly $900/month. My supplements to sustain health/delay progression according to Bedlack’s research at Duke and what other reversals have done is $550/month. Our kids pay all their own University costs because it’s not an option for us despite being forced to be counted as dependent status. 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

It’s no longer sustainable for us. DH dug into his 401k to cover the medical expenses and the house remodel to make it handicap accessible because none of that is considered medical. 

I’m cutting down on the protocol now. We’re making food changes. I think we’re purchasing a minivan. And DH will be working forever except my life insurance will help that so, hey, I guess that’s a plan of sorts. My kids are about to experience a lifestyle change and I guess at least we don’t live in a war torn country and I’m grateful to not eating oatmeal and beans every day. AndI am grateful for running water, a wheelchair, and clean conditions because 🤷🏼‍♀️ first world problems.  Still, I have to admit it’s disheartening to be here at nearly fifty. Not what we imagined…. And definitely not better off than my parents or grandparents despite the degree and DH’s grad degrees…. And despite the fact that I feel whiney at this moment, and jaded, I honestly think I am not an entitled American brat? 🤷🏼‍♀️ But I’m sure someone will help me see how I’m wrong. 

• Sad 12

3 hours ago, Brittany1116 said:

Plain store brand AP flour has more than doubled this week. Peanut butter is up 25% across brands and sizes, although it also crept up over 2020 and then dropped a bit last year. Coffee and tea are up another $1 or more per so the BOGOs were running low.

Ugh we go through so much peanut butter here and I love tea!  Although I have enough for a long time right now.

1 hour ago, BlsdMama said:

We dropped over $120k on my disease in the past three years. We spend nearly $2k/month on food. I figured our cost  for gasoline on average for the past three months and it’s roughly $900/month. My supplements to sustain health/delay progression according to Bedlack’s research at Duke and what other reversals have done is $550/month. Our kids pay all their own University costs because it’s not an option for us despite being forced to be counted as dependent status. 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

It’s no longer sustainable for us. DH dug into his 401k to cover the medical expenses and the house remodel to make it handicap accessible because none of that is considered medical. 

I’m cutting down on the protocol now. We’re making food changes. I think we’re purchasing a minivan. And DH will be working forever except my life insurance will help that so, hey, I guess that’s a plan of sorts. My kids are about to experience a lifestyle change and I guess at least we don’t live in a war torn country and I’m grateful to not eating oatmeal and beans every day. AndI am grateful for running water, a wheelchair, and clean conditions because 🤷🏼‍♀️ first world problems.  Still, I have to admit it’s disheartening to be here at nearly fifty. Not what we imagined…. And definitely not better off than my parents or grandparents despite the degree and DH’s grad degrees…. And despite the fact that I feel whiney at this moment, and jaded, I honestly think I am not an entitled American brat? 🤷🏼‍♀️ But I’m sure someone will help me see how I’m wrong. 

With my hospitalizations last year, we spent 12, OOO on our health- almost all for me. And this is with us having Tricare, Tricare Supplement, Dental plan, FSA, and vision plan too.  And I have to have another operation too because if I am in a car wreck or certain kind of fall, I am in grave danger of become a quadriplegic.  I hope to do that in early October, this year, instead of a week before T day, like last year.  My surgeon's PA did tell me that the neck surgery will be a lot simpler than the spinal surgery was.

But all the things insurance doesn't pay and the fact that I can't work did get my youngest so more financial aid at her college.  I wrote a detailed letter of how even though it looks like I am fine with health insurance, I have such great needs that aren't covered and which will just be getting worse and worse over the years.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TravelingChris said:

With my hospitalizations last year, we spent 12, OOO on our health- almost all for me. And this is with us having Tricare, Tricare Supplement, Dental plan, FSA, and vision plan too.  And I have to have another operation too because if I am in a car wreck or certain kind of fall, I am in grave danger of become a quadriplegic.  I hope to do that in early October, this year, instead of a week before T day, like last year.  My surgeon's PA did tell me that the neck surgery will be a lot simpler than the spinal surgery was.

But all the things insurance doesn't pay and the fact that I can't work did get my youngest so more financial aid at her college.  I wrote a detailed letter of how even though it looks like I am fine with health insurance, I have such great needs that aren't covered and which will just be getting worse and worse over the years.

I appreciate this - we really did try.  We asked for an exception due to medical circumstances complete with neuro signature, a spreadsheet of costs, and proof of medical costs.  We took a big withdraw from DH's 401k and, thanks to Covid, were able to spread the hit over three years.  However, it's considered income. We asked, in writing, that the amount be offset due to proof of medical costs of a terminal diagnosis.  Nope, but they were sorry.  Well, thanks, that and $6 and you can get a fancy cup of coffee.  SMH.  Ignore me today.  I haven't been sleeping well so we are (of course) looking at buying a new hospital bed mattress.  I have one on loan from MDA/ALS but it is well used and lumpy and very unfortunately the source of crappy sleep.  And could we get some 70 degree weather and sunshine for the love?!

• Sad 10

On 4/8/2022 at 11:21 AM, Carrie12345 said:

Yeah, I don’t know all of the specifics here, either. The internet says anywhere from 50-75% of US farm laborers are undocumented. And it isn’t as if farm owners want to cough up the straight facts on what they’re getting paid!

They aren't.  There is a special visa for farm workers and most of them are on that.  

1 hour ago, TravelingChris said:

They aren't.  There is a special visa for farm workers and most of them are on that.  

https://www.fwd.us/news/immigrant-farmworkers-and-americas-food-production-5-things-to-know/

Immigrant farmworkers make up an estimated 73% of agriculture workers in the United States today. 

<snip>

Undocumented farm workers make up approximately 50% of the farm labor workforce. Without their hard work, millions of pounds of food would otherwise go unharvested. While these workers pay taxes and contribute to the economy, they are not protected by U.S. labor laws, and they live every day under the threat of arrest and family separation – all while working in extremely difficult conditions.

Despite lacking a legal immigration status, these workers and their families have lived in the United States for a long time. In general, the majority of undocumented immigrants have lived in the U.S. for more than ten years.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, kbutton said:

https://www.fatherly.com/news/baby-formula-shortage-workarounds/?fbclid=IwAR02oEijn6ymanZ85TjC4x51zVSk8ExI1q1moOxGHDA77y-BgTiW_6RalcE

Baby formula shortages are increasing. This would be so worrying to me if I had a little one. I could not successfully BF my first, and he went through a ton of formula. 

It scares me.
When #5 was an infant, he was on prescription formula that could only be ordered once a month. We had to deal with approval systems and delivery gaps that triggered sobbing and yelling at multiple random people several times. I was terrified to leave the house and get stranded somewhere without his food. I monitored every ounce of our stock. Spills were NOT an option.

But our “team” always worked it out. There wasn’t a supply, production, or transport shortage, just bureaucracy. I would be losing my mind right now.

• Sad 6

16 hours ago, BlsdMama said:

I feel like you are possibly the least whiny person I’ve ever “met”! Id hate to admit some of the trivial stuff I’ve been whining about today in the face of that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 4/7/2022 at 7:25 AM, HomeAgain said:

We spent $160 on 3 days' worth of meals here.  3 days!!! Everything seems to have gone up so much this year.

Dh and I gave up for the time being.  We set up Hello Fresh for the next week.  5 meals for $120, but it means we're going to the store less and only have to worry about two dinners: Easter and a birthday.  I already have the ingredients for Easter dessert (lemon bars this year), and it'll probably be a light meal of seasonal grilled veggies, chicken, salad, and rice pilaf.  There'll be a cheese & fruit plate for game night after. So that leaves the birthday, and whatever they want that night.

It is so frustrating to shop.  This week the store was out of crunchy peanut butter, all frozen potatoes, and a few other small things.  However, dh was able to find jicama, so new things are making it to the shelves here.  I'm planning on making a jicama and apple slaw to go with some grilled pork chops.

Quoting myself here.  We are very happy with our decision to go with a meal service.  So far there has been no waste after dinner, so we're not buying ingredients that are packaged too big  or missing ingredients and having to change course.  We're eating two vegetarian and 3 meat dinners with the plan, and the times are accurate on the cards so we know when to expect dinner to be done.

It may not save us a TON but it is saving us quite a bit of money, time, and energy hunting down ingredients or planning meals.

• Like 1

Also, food shortages are going to continue to get worse.

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Texas Gov. Greg Abbott on Wednesday defied intensifying pressure over his new border policy that has gridlocked trucks entering the U.S. and shut down some of the world’s busiest trade bridges as the Mexican government, businesses and even some allies urge him to relent.

The two-term Republican governor, who has ordered that commercial trucks from Mexico undergo extra inspections as part of a fight with President Joe Biden’s administration over immigration, refused to fully reverse course as traffic remains snarled.

The standoff has stoked warnings by trade groups and experts that U.S. grocery shoppers could soon notice shortages on shelves and higher prices unless the normal flow of trucks resumes.

Abbott announced Wednesday that he would stop inspections at one bridge in Laredo after reaching an agreement with the governor of neighboring Nuevo Leon in Mexico. But some of the most dramatic truck backups and bridge closures have occurred elsewhere along Texas’ 1,200-mile border.

26 minutes ago, 4everHis said:

We are from Midwest and I have noticed candy aisle shrinking. Yes, I realize candy is non-essential, but chocolate? We just spent 5 days in Texas. Candy aisle was almost non-existent. It had shrunk as well as big chunks were just empty.  

I haven't noticed this where I'm located (also Midwest) but I'm wondering if the empty space is related to Easter.  I know lots of people buy candy for hunts and baskets etc and not everyone purchases the "easter" stuff for that.  Or is this something you've been seeing more than the last few weeks?

Edited by cjzimmer1
  • Like 1

Candy and soda aisles shrank here about 6 months ago in the three grocery stores I shop at. Even Target’s Easter display was much smaller than usual. They bumped the outdoor living space to be much bigger so we wouldn’t notice it was only two aisles instead of the usual 4. They still had the usual decorative display, but nearly everything sold out in late February/early March and only got a small refill this last week before Easter. Walmart here had Cadbury eggs for two weeks in early February and never got restocked. 
——

AFA my weekly shop went at the good store, we had one of the better weeks we have had in months—lactose free milk, cream cheese, chicken breasts, and everything else that has been missing lately was in stock for Easter. I wonder if warehouses held back stock and then made a big push for the holiday. 

I went by the restaurant store and they were really low on spices. No cumin, which is crazy. They have been out for three weeks. I took the last bag of black beans and their other bulk rice and legume stocks were very low. I could only get a 50# bag of black beans instead of my usual 25# so I went by the hardware store for another food grade bucket. I looked online at dozens of stores and had to really call around before I could find one in stock quite some distance from me. It looks like the effects of the global plastic resin shortage is really starting to kick in. 

• Like 2

I didn't notice any significant lacks in candy. But cookies are WAY cut back. It used to be mostly an aisle by itself, and now its a small part of an aisle. Plus I have trouble finding specific cookies often (One time it was Nutter Butters. Another time it was Fig Newtons. I haven't seen the Keebler Grasshopper cookies or the Deluxe Grahams in months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cjzimmer1 said:

I haven't noticed this where I'm located (also Midwest) but I'm wondering if the empty space is related to Easter.  I know lots of people buy candy for hunts and baskets etc and not everyone purchases the "easter" stuff for that.  Or is this something you've been seeing more than the last few weeks?

In my part of MI the regular candy aisle just got smaller. But they had the regular seasonal aisle. It seemed normal. I did not see Texas seasonal aisle just regular candy aisle. They had also shrunk their cereal aisle to one side. Candy and something else(sorry, it escapes me) was opposite cereal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mommyoffive said:

Anyone else notice tampons/pads supplies low?  Dh ran in to get some and said the aisle were really bare in that department.  He picked up the last 2 boxes.

I’ve been noticing that for *months*. CVS and my grocery store.  The grocery has more of what I consider “last resort” options; CVS does not.  I haven’t seen either continue to get lower. They seem to be maintaining a consistent supply that is probably somewhere around 1/3 of normal times, though specific varieties seem to rotate.
I’ve been picking something up nearly every week because it freaks me out. I’m also considering having reusable options as  back ups just in case. One dd already does that. Other dd and I do not want to make that leap unless we truly have to!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Carrie12345 said:

I’ve been noticing that for *months*. CVS and my grocery store.  The grocery has more of what I consider “last resort” options; CVS does not.  I haven’t seen either continue to get lower. They seem to be maintaining a consistent supply that is probably somewhere around 1/3 of normal times, though specific varieties seem to rotate.
I’ve been picking something up nearly every week because it freaks me out. I’m also considering having reusable options as  back ups just in case. One dd already does that. Other dd and I do not want to make that leap unless we truly have to!

Good idea to stock up.  We use the period undies, but I need stuff for really heavy days in addition to that.  

I really like the idea of some of the disk/cups.  And I know I should try them, just haven't made the leap.

43 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Anyone else notice tampons/pads supplies low?  Dh ran in to get some and said the aisle were really bare in that department.  He picked up the last 2 boxes.

It's been a little sketchy here, but I haven't been shopping in person for very long either. Like Carrie said, CVS seems to have fewer. CVS has had some outright bare shelves here and there all over at various times. 

1 hour ago, mommyoffive said:

They have been low most of the pandemic here.  I have been bulk ordering organic cotton tampons from amazon and struggling to source organic cotton pads.  We ended up getting period underwear and other options here.  We've had the best luck ordering organic cotton pads from Target online, but they aren't always in stock.

4 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

Costco and Target had plenty every time I walk past to the self checkout. Not sure about other stores as I am already in menopause and rarely walk those aisles. 

4 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

Yes. I've been grabbing extra boxes when I have coupons, just in case. I really don't want to improvise this.

Edited by MissLemon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ausmumof3 said:

The price of the bread flour I buy jumped. It used to be in the low to mid 20s and it’s now 30. 

12.5kg bag? 

Prices here are moving up quickly as well. If I order delivery to the walmart store, it's $14USD for 25 lb.  If I go to the restaurant store to purchase it right now, it's $29.52 for 25lb.  In store 5# bag prices are mixed. The absolute cheapest is at Target for $1.59/5# bag.  The quality King Arthur stuff is averaging $4.49/5# 

Edited by prairiewindmomma

On 4/22/2022 at 7:59 AM, prairiewindmomma said:

12.5kg bag? 

Prices here are moving up quickly as well. If I order delivery to the walmart store, it's $14USD for 25 lb.  If I go to the restaurant store to purchase it right now, it's $29.52 for 25lb.  In store 5# bag prices are mixed. The absolute cheapest is at Target for $1.59/5# bag.  The quality King Arthur stuff is averaging $4.49/5# 

10kg I think. It makes about 16 loaves of bread. Still slightly cheaper than buying and presumably the bread price will go up as well unless it’s specific to the factory costs for bagging the flour or something.

Interesting the variation you’re seeing.

Indonesia has been having a palm oil crisis ever since the war in Europe started. Firstly it was speculation driving the prices then rationing was introduced, which caused panic buying. I didn't realise until their palm oil crisis  and media coverage that only 20 indeviduals own all the palm oil plantations and processing in Indonesia 

• Like 1

In Australia apparently farmers are having trouble sourcing canola seeds. It is planting time. I think there are a combination of reasons. Because of the world cooking oil shortage Aus farmers are planning on planting record amounts. Some countries are hording seeds, and transport issues 

Edited by Melissa in Australia
  • Like 1

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/21/new-zealand-shoppers-order-groceries-from-australia-as-inflation-soars?CMP=share_btn_tw

Apparently some New Zealanders are ordering groceries from Australia to save money. I’ve also seen that Australians with family in Shanghai are trying to mail them groceries.

I am trying to resist prepper instincts and not over buy. I do really want to get some more veg in.

Funnily enough I remember a year ago everything saying there would be a rice shortage and yet rice is one of the few things that is staying cheap for now.

Edited by Ausmumof3

I was pricing out the cost for me to purchase what it will cost to make a donated dinner for the local homeless shelter for 50. I wanted to make a Japanese curry chicken over rice to stretch the protein using rice and veggies...I just figured out that it is far cheaper for me to buy Costco rotisserie chickens and to strip the meat off the birds than it would be for me to buy raw chicken to cook. Yup...that's what is going to happen. 

At $4.99 a chicken, you can get about 2 1/2 pounds of cooked meat. 

Edited by calbear

14 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

I am trying to resist prepper instincts and not over buy. I do really want to get some more veg in.

I have succumbed . I have even extended the veggie garden, and bought next summer's seeds. Veggies grow way better this time of the year where I live than in summer.  I have now limited myself to 10 minutes of news searching a day. I was getting way too stressed out.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, calbear said:

I was pricing out the cost for me to purchase what it will cost to make a donated dinner for the local homeless shelter for 50. I wanted to make a Japanese curry chicken over rice to stretch the protein using rice and veggies...I just figured out that it is far cheaper for me to buy Costco rotisserie chickens and to strip the meat off the birds than it would be for me to buy raw chicken to cook. Yup...that's what is going to happen. 

I get the chicken drumsticks at 99cents/lb at Costco and slow cook until the meat fall off the bones to use as chicken stock. My kids prefer slow cooked meat.

1 hour ago, Ausmumof3 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/21/new-zealand-shoppers-order-groceries-from-australia-as-inflation-soars?CMP=share_btn_tw

Apparently some New Zealanders are ordering groceries from Australia to save money. I’ve also seen that Australians with family in Shanghai are trying to mail them groceries.

Funnily enough I remember a year ago everything saying there would be a rice shortage and yet rice is one of the few things that is staying cheap for now.

There have been a few pockets of time where rice has been a bit extra short here.  Mostly it’s just been the kind of low that other things are.  But I haven’t been in a store in two weeks, so who knows what I’ll see tomorrow. 🤪

I was at a fundraiser dinner last night and forced myself to eat the green beans. I do not like green beans, but I know I can grow enormous amounts with little effort, so I’m trying to convince myself that that’s just fine. If I can’t access the things I’m less inclined to grow, there will always be green beans!

On 4/13/2022 at 6:27 PM, BlsdMama said:

We asked, in writing, that the amount be offset due to proof of medical costs of a terminal diagnosis.  Nope, but they were sorry. 

Oh my gosh, Kelly. There are no words for how much that sucks. 

On 4/21/2022 at 1:51 PM, mommyoffive said:

I don't need these anymore, but I did use a cup (Luna cup maybe? Something with an L) and washable pads for years. I have tons of pads but my favorite are from Yurtcraft on Etsy. Custom length, absorbancy, snap placement and fabric. To find the best cup, there is a quiz of sorts on a page called something like PutACupInIt. I am foggy on particulars at the moment; still medicated from hysterectomy. 

• Like 2

I used to use a cup, but when it came time to be replaced I went back to tampons.

That said, I end up buying about 6 months' supply at a time.  We were watching an episode of the Big Bang Theory once where Sheldon was trying to figure out why you couldn't just buy enough for straight through to menopause, 😄 but we realized it actually did make sense to buy more in bulk.  When I saw the large boxes at BJ's I grabbed one of each and just replace now as I start to get to half or quarter of the box.  It's cheaper than the grocery store and I shop less.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, calbear said:

You get rotisserie chickens for $4.99? Here they are almost $12.00!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Brittany1116 said:

I don't need these anymore, but I did use a cup (Luna cup maybe? Something with an L) and washable pads for years. I have tons of pads but my favorite are from Yurtcraft on Etsy. Custom length, absorbancy, snap placement and fabric. To find the best cup, there is a quiz of sorts on a page called something like PutACupInIt. I am foggy on particulars at the moment; still medicated from hysterectomy. 

I hope your surgery went well and you have an easy recovery.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HomeAgain said:

I used to use a cup, but when it came time to be replaced I went back to tampons.

That said, I end up buying about 6 months' supply at a time.  We were watching an episode of the Big Bang Theory once where Sheldon was trying to figure out why you couldn't just buy enough for straight through to menopause, 😄 but we realized it actually did make sense to buy more in bulk.  When I saw the large boxes at BJ's I grabbed one of each and just replace now as I start to get to half or quarter of the box.  It's cheaper than the grocery store and I shop less.

Not that I have this worry anymore, but when I did buy big Costco size supplies I always ended up pg.  🙂

• Like 1