Menu

Which toy is more appealing ( channel your inner toddler)

itsheresomewhere

I think a sit and spin is more fun. However, an 18 m old won't be able to use it yet. They are tricky and I would think more suitable for nearly 3 yrs old. The basketball hoop would be more usable now until 3. We never had a basketball hoop and it doesn't seem like it would hold interest long.

My 14 m old is getting duplos and a Ride-on bee

Eta: My last 2 yr old got a ride on motorcycle for christmas. He loved it.

Edited by Spirea
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Spirea said:

I think a sit and spin is more fun. However, an 18 m old won't be able to use it yet. They are tricky and I would think more suitable for nearly 3 yrs old. The basketball hoop would be more usable now until 3. We never had a basketball hoop and it doesn't seem like it would hold interest long.

My 14 m old is getting duplos and a Ride-on bee

Eta: My last 2 yr old got a ride on motorcycle for christmas. He loved it.

They would be able to use the sit and spin.  They are older than 18 months but have an adjusted age due to being premature. 

I’m dying for that double sit and spin but  I’m suddenly thinking of all the things that could go wrong with two kids spinning 😝

My 6yo still runs for the sit and spin and his cousins’ house, so that’s my vote, too!

however, pp is right about them being able to use a basketball hoop together.

Edited by Ailaena

I'd say sit and spin. Ideally 2 toddlers could share the basket ball hoop at the same time, but in reality, even that level of sharing is hard at that age. Plus, none of mine have really loved the basket ball hoop for more than 10 minutes at a time, sporadically over the course of a couple years. It has probably gotten 2 hours of attention in 8 years of toddlers.

• Like 1

I always wanted a Sit and Spin as a child (like, desperately, even when I was too old!), but I've read that the new ones have nowhere near the spin-ability and speed of the vintage ones. Something about the bearings in them. However, sounds like plenty of kids here still enjoy them! Maybe they have made improvements since I looked ten years ago for my DD!

I think both choices are excellent. I'll cast my vote for the Sit and Spin, and wish they had one big enough for adults. 😉 

Edited by MercyA

Both choices are great. For my kids it would be basketball hoop and extra balls, my son would need a 12 pack and my daughter would be fine with 1. 

Although in preparation for warmer months for a 2 year old balance bikes will be more than well loved (either money towards or a used one, they can get pricey). My kids used them from 2 - 4 years old (at 4 they transitioned into a regular pedal bike, no training wheels necessary). Especially with twins I think the parents would appreciate.