Katy

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Lady Florida. said:

McDs vs chic fil a.jpg

In Aruba there is a McDonalds concession that only offers ice cream in the high rise district’s shopping strip and as I drove past it and saw the long line in front of it me and my friends all said the same thing at the same time, “Is that a McD machine that works?!” 😆

• Haha 6

Just now, gardenmom5 said:

I've read so many comments from people who used to work at McD's . . . they "say" it's broken because they don't want to clean it.

Several people have done investigative journalism on this. IIRC, the McDonald's corporation requires a certain machine, and the machine is designed to easily "break" and give an error code during the cleaning process. Sometimes it might be on purpose, but most likely the problem is that the machine company doesn't allow anyone except their own techs to repair it... which is a high dollar charge to bring out a computer they plug in and clear the code so the cleaning process can restart. There was a third party company that sold the computer units so owners could clear the code themselves without needing to pay for the repair. That triggered a lawsuit. I don't know what happened after that, except that John Deere lost a similar lawsuit that went to the supreme court where it was ruled that farmers can modify the computers in their tractors, but IDK if the licensing terms on a farm and the licensing terms in a restaurant franchise are the same.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Terabith said:

IMG_4219.jpeg

Yes! If nothing else, wait until all of the kinks are worked out.

Also - who needs to start their washing machine remotely? Do they have little minions that move the laundry into & out of the washer when they aren't home?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, TechWife said:

Also - who needs to start their washing machine remotely? Do they have little minions that move the laundry into & out of the washer when they aren't home?

I can see this being very useful if you have busy fragmented days and aren't home long. You could start the washer so it's done by the time you get home, dry or hang the laundry when you're home, go for the next thing. Those extra 40-60minutes can be very helpful. I often wouldn't have time for the entire cycle in one stretch.

• Like 1

Just now, TechWife said:

Yes! If nothing else, wait until all of the kinks are worked out.

My Dh totally ignored me and set up all the everything on the new washer. I yelled at him he better not use my email or phone number to do it then.  On day one he sent me a text from work saying the washing machine has been done for 30 minutes and so I want to do anything?

I responded if he ever forwarded me a mashing machine text again I’d block him.  LOL

One week later he exasperatedly asked me to unplug the washing machine so it would reset bc he had no idea that I do 30 loads a week and the constant reminders was driving him bonkers even though he deleted the app.

Sucker.  yeah. I figured. 🙄😆 

• Haha 26

3 minutes ago, regentrude said:

I can see this being very useful if you have busy fragmented days and aren't home long. You could start the washer so it's done by the time you get home, dry or hang the laundry when you're home, go for the next thing. Those extra 40-60minutes can be very helpful. I often wouldn't have time for the entire cycle in one stretch.

Wait what? Someone has to still out the laundry in it? I just start a load as I’m walking out the door and switch it when I come back in. 

Nm. I don’t want to derail the comics thread. 

Edited by Murphy101
  • Like 2