Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

12 minutes ago, TechWife said:

Yes! If nothing else, wait until all of the kinks are worked out.

Also - who needs to start their washing machine remotely? Do they have little minions that move the laundry into & out of the washer when they aren't home?

I don't start it remotely but I do use the timer a whole lot. It works because I don't want the clothes sitting wet for hours. I put dirty clothes in before bed and set it to be finished when I wake up. If I actually started the load before bed they would or could get stinky.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Terabith said:

IMG_4220.jpeg

(2dd is) Telling her I had kidney infection go an excited "did they put you on ___?"

5 minutes ago, regentrude said:

I can see this being very useful if you have busy fragmented days and aren't home long. You could start the washer so it's done by the time you get home, dry or hang the laundry when you're home, go for the next thing. Those extra 40-60minutes can be very helpful. I often wouldn't have time for the entire cycle in one stretch.

but who is moving the clothes?  they still have to be put in the washer, moved to the dryer, then removed to a basket to be folded.  Unless Rosie (the robot from The Jetson's) has come to live at your house (in which case, i want to know where you got her so she can come to my house) - no computer program will do that.

I've started many a load on my way out the door, and moved things along when I came home 

4 minutes ago, Murphy101 said:

My Dh totally ignored me and set up all the everything on the new washer. I yelled at him he better not use my email or phone number to do it then.  On day one he sent me a text from work saying the washing machine has been done for 30 minutes and so I want to do anything?

I responded if he ever forwarded me a mashing machine text again I’d block him.  LOL

One week later he exasperatedly asked me to unplug the washing machine so it would reset bc he had no idea that I do 30 loads a week and the constant reminders was driving him bonkers even though he deleted the app.

Sucker.  yeah. I figured. 🙄😆 

gee, karma . .

does he appreciate you more now?

54 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

but who is moving the clothes?  they still have to be put in the washer, moved to the dryer, then removed to a basket to be folded.  Unless Rosie (the robot from The Jetson's) has come to live at your house (in which case, i want to know where you got her so she can come to my house) - no computer program will 

I am. But if I'm only home for a quick lunch break, it would be great if the washer, which I loaded before going to work, were DONE when I walk in so I can take out the wet clothes and hang them to dry before leaving again.

I have often wished my washer had a time delay so I could program it to start so it's just done when I get home. And then I could do the next step - but it would have saved me 40 minutes of at-home time. 

Edited by regentrude

5 hours ago, regentrude said:

I am. But if I'm only home for a quick lunch break, it would be great if the washer, which I loaded before going to work, were DONE when I walk in so I can take out the wet clothes and hang them to dry before leaving again.

I have often wished my washer had a time delay so I could program it to start so it's just done when I get home. And then I could do the next step - but it would have saved me 40 minutes of at-home time. 

I just don't see the freak out if you're not there to open the washer door immediately.   I've often started a load, run errands, changed it when I came home.

I've never used my time delay, the only reason I could think of for it is if wanting to make sure the hot water tank had replenished after multiple showers.  Same with my dishwasher - never used it.

9 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

I just don't see the freak out if you're not there to open the washer door immediately.   I've often started a load, run errands, changed it when I came home.

I've never used my time delay, the only reason I could think of for it is if wanting to make sure the hot water tank had replenished after multiple showers.  Same with my dishwasher - never used it.

I am confused.  I start a load before I go to bed many nights.  I dry it in the morning.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Drama Llama said:

I am confused.  I start a load before I go to bed many nights.  I dry it in the morning.

did you read the post to which I was responding?  The implied message was they *must* be there when the washer stops so they can go hang it up.  

3 hours ago, VickiMNE said:

DST Back meme.jpeg

Just wait for the summer equinox.

3 hours ago, Terabith said:

IMG_4234.jpeg

Misogyny is a LACK of skill (and experience, and self-confidence) issue.

Back when women were still new to the trading floor - one woman said the younger male traders were very rude to females, sexist, etc.
Older male traders (who had the experience/skills/self-confidence)  - on the floor, you were just another trader.  and trader = competition.  (iow: they were treated the same way older male traders treated young male traders.)

16 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

Back when women were still new to the trading floor - one woman said the younger male traders were very rude to females, sexist, etc.
Older male traders (who had the experience/skills/self-confidence)  - on the floor, you were just another trader.  and trader = competition.  (iow: they were treated the same way older male traders treated young male traders.)

I call this shitzu effect. Everyone is terrified of big dogs biting but the truth is big dogs usually aren’t scared enough to bite.  They are confident they are a big dog and don’t feel threatened easily.  So they don’t growl or bite very often.

Most dog bites are actually by small cute fluffy dogs that get scared.

Sometimes humans aren’t much different. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

I’m pretty sure that is what the meme was saying.  

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Terabith said:

I’m pretty sure that is what the meme was saying.  

precision is better communication.

ie: there is a difference between "I could care less" and "I could NOT care less".  People often say the former, when they mean the latter - but the latter is NOT what they are saying.

1 hour ago, Murphy101 said:

I call this shitzu effect. Everyone is terrified of big dogs biting but the truth is big dogs usually aren’t scared enough to bite.  They are confident they are a big dog and don’t feel threatened easily.  So they don’t growl or bite very often.

Most dog bites are actually by small cute fluffy dogs that get scared.

Sometimes humans aren’t much different. 

when we were up at Banff, we went through one of the ranger talks.
The animal bites that most often led people to the ER (I don't recall what it is called in Canada.  I know it's something else in the UK.)

. . . . 

. . . . 

chipmunks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@murphy101

Once when taking my GSD for a walk.  We passed someone sitting there with their medium/miniature poodle.  That dog . . . . smh.  My GSD just looked at it like "what is your problem?"
IME: The bigger problem with smaller dogs . . . . people think they don't have to train them because they're small. . . .

apparently, among those who work with dogs, chihuahuas have quite the "reputation" . .  (watch to the very end)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

@murphy101

Once when taking my GSD for a walk.  We passed someone sitting there with their medium/miniature poodle.  That dog . . . . smh.  My GSD just looked at it like "what is your problem?"
IME: The bigger problem with smaller dogs . . . . people think they don't have to train them because they're small. . . .

apparently, among those who work with dogs, chihuahuas have quite the "reputation" . .  (watch to the very end)

I agree! There is a terribly behaved mini dachshund across the street from us. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gardenmom5 said:

when we were up at Banff, we went through one of the ranger talks.
The animal bites that most often led people to the ER (I don't recall what it is called in Canada.  I know it's something else in the UK.)

. . . . 

. . . . 

chipmunks.

Chipmunks aren't called anything in the UK. Except possibly, 'Those foreign creatures we see in cartoons'.

The most common animal bites in the UK are dog and cat.

https://bestpractice.bmj.com/topics/en-gb/280#:~:text=Dog%2C cat%2C and human bites,behaviour of animal) is essential.

2 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

@murphy101

LMAO. I’ve never met a chihuahua that didn’t think it was a vicious demon.  Possesses its precious human of choice and everyone else is potential holy water threats.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

Chipmunks aren't called anything in the UK. Except possibly, 'Those foreign creatures we see in cartoons'.

The most common animal bites in the UK are dog and cat.

https://bestpractice.bmj.com/topics/en-gb/280#:~:text=Dog%2C cat%2C and human bites,behaviour of animal) is essential.

Banff is a wilderness area.  A lot of tourists: skiers in the winter, and hikers in the summer.
The summer we were there, we rode the lift up one of the mts - and it is completely fenced to keep people in - and bears out. There are hiking paths you can go up and down - if you want to.
While we were there, there was a grizzly right near the gate . . . They tag the males and females on opposite ears so they know which it is from a distance by which ear has a tag.  They're more vegetarian than their Alaska counterparts, so they tend to be smaller.  There's still one male that ran off AFTER being hit by a train . . . He has lots of offspring. . . . 

Tourists are generally more concerned about the bears, or the moose, or the wolves, not so much the little critters that they're much more likely to see. . . 

One time while camping, I had a chipmunk sneak under our tent flap while I was taking a nap with a baby . . . dh was sitting outside the tent with the girls and commented on it to them just as I screamed.  It ran across my face.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Murphy101 said:

LMAO. I’ve never met a chihuahua that didn’t think it was a vicious demon.  Possesses its precious human of choice and everyone else is potential holy water threats.

I'm guessing this Facebook post was shared here before but it's worth posting again. 🙂 

BTW, the dog of my heart was a chi mix who bit people. I miss him. ❤️

Ok, I’ve tried. I’ve tried for the last several months to post this dog for adoption and make him sound...palatable. The problem is, he’s just not. There’s not a very big market for neurotic, man hating, animal hating, children hating dogs that look like gremlins. But I have to believe there’s someone out there for Prancer, because I am tired and so is my family. Every day we live in the grips of the demonic Chihuahua hellscape he has created in our home. If you own a Chihuahua you probably know what I’m talking about. He’s literally the Chihuahua meme that describes them as being 50% hate and 50% tremble. If you’re intrigued and horrified at how this animal sounds already, just wait....there’s more. 

Prancer came to me obese, wearing a cashmere sweater, with a bacon egg n cheese stuffed in his crate with him. I should have known in that moment this dog would be a problem. He was owned by an elderly woman who treated him like a human and never socialized him. Sprinkle in a little genetic predisposition for being nervous, and you’ve concocted a neurotic mess, AKA Prancer. His first week he was too terrified to have a personality. As awful as it sounds, I kind of liked him better that way. He was quiet, and just laid on the couch. Didn’t bother anyone. I was excited to see him come out of his shell and become a real dog. I am convinced at this point he is not a real dog, but more like a vessel for a traumatized Victorian child that now haunts our home. 

Prancer only likes women. Nothing else. He hates men more than women do, which says a lot. If you have a husband don’t bother applying, unless you hate him. Prancer has lived with a man for 6 months and still has not accepted him. He bonds to a woman/women, and takes his job of protection seriously. He offers better protection than capitol security. This also extends to other animals. Have other dogs? Cats? Don’t apply unless they like being shaken up like a ragdoll by a 13lb rage machine. This may be confusing to people, as he currently lives with my other 7 dogs and 12 cats. That’s because we have somewhat come to an agreement that it’s wrong to attack the other animals. But you know that episode of The Office where Michael Scott silently whispers “I’ll kill you.” to Toby? That’s Prancer having to begrudgingly coexist with everyone when I’m around. 

We also mentioned no kids for Prancer. I think at this point, you can imagine why. He’s never been in the presence of a child, but I can already imagine the demonic noises and shaking fury that would erupt from his body if he was. Prancer wants to be your only child. 

So what are his good traits? He is loyal beyond belief, although to tell you a secret his complex is really just a facade for his fear. If someone tried to kill you I can guarantee he would run away screeching. But as far as companionship, you will never be alone again. He likes to go for car rides, he is housebroken, he knows a few basic commands, he is quiet and non destructive when left alone at home, and even though we call him bologna face he is kind of cute to look at. He also “smiles” when he is excited. His ideal home would be with a single woman, a mother and daughter, or a lesbian couple. You can’t live in an apartment or a condo unless you want him to ankle bite your neighbors. We already addressed the men and children situation. If you have people over he would have to be put away like he’s a vacuum. I know finding someone who wants a chucky doll in a dogs body is hard, but I have to try.

Prancer is available through Second Chance Pet Adoption League. He is in New Jersey but can be adopted anywhere in the general tri state area. If you’ve always wanted your own haunted Victorian child in the body of a small dog that hates men and children, please email njwoof@cs.com. Oh, also he’s only 2yrs old and will probably live to be 21 through pure spite, so take that into account if you’re interested.

Update and pics here: https://www.facebook.com/tyfanee.fortuna/posts/10219752628710467

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

6 hours ago, Terabith said:

IMG_4242.jpeg

My great-aunt had THE best closet . . . The house was built in the 20s.  Open the closet door, and it was about 3' - 4' deep and open to the back wall, rack on the left, and rack on the right.  BUT - there was no wall behind the right-hand rack.  It went back and underneath a set of stairs.  There was even a window.   It was so much fun as a child . . . and would have made a great hidey-hole.

• Like 3