Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

1 hour ago, Faith-manor said:

promptly stuck herself with the needle

Don't bleed on the quilt!

Sorry. Gut reaction from many years of being a quilter. I've accidentally stabbed myself with a needle when sewing so often that "don't bleed on the quilt" is my automatic reaction, even if the thing I'm sewing is a white snowflake costume.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

1 minute ago, Happy Camper said:

This Snapchat with my 19 yo DS about packing for a trip (involving flying). Oy. 

20221117_205342.jpg

What is it about teenage boys and refusing to use deodorant?  Even 1ds and 2ds will tell dudeling to USE IT, and he ignores them.

55 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

What is it about teenage boys and refusing to use deodorant?  Even 1ds and 2ds will tell dudeling to USE IT, and he ignores them.

My daughters just forced teen boy to buy deodorant for a road trip to a teen camp.  :laugh:  We'll see if he actually uses it.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, smfmommy said:

My daughters just forced teen boy to buy deodorant for a road trip to a teen camp.  :laugh:  We'll see if he actually uses it.

Good luck.  We've all either bought him deodorant or held it up to him and told him to use it.  He still growls. . . . and refuses to use it.  At least he's showering more often without anyone having to say anything.  usually.

• Haha 1

re: the floppy disk/vending machine.

2ds - my japonesaphile . .  thought it remarkable that a Japanese kid would associate it with a vending machine, as vending machines are very different there.

Edited by gardenmom5

1 hour ago, gardenmom5 said:

My dh discovered yesterday that 1 of my teens had left his deodorant in his brother's car two weeks ago!  Said brother lives an hour away.  Teen son never thought "gee, I should get a new deodorant from the supply".  😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Tenaj said:

My dh discovered yesterday that 1 of my teens had left his deodorant in his brother's car two weeks ago!  Said brother lives an hour away.  Teen son never thought "gee, I should get a new deodorant from the supply".  😬

I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone in this struggle!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Terabith said:

C691E55B-FA8B-4C3B-92F5-00AF74100559.jpeg

I do the opposite. I read hippopotamus as hippocampus three times tonight when I was trying to verify a recipe about George Washington’s Eggnog (it was false), and instead stumbled into one about dentures made from Hippopotamus teeth. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Katy said:

It’s the superpower of all woodwind players I think. I haven’t played the flute for 20 years but I can still hold my breath for longer than any of my kids. 

Me too! I used to demonstrate a 2 minute note to my flute students, and they were just flabbergasted. Well, flabbergasted until I started putting them through their paces to develop breath support. Then maybe their feelings about it might not be described as flabbergasted! 😂

• Like 1

On 11/17/2022 at 7:57 PM, gardenmom5 said:

We bought some of those small cans of travel-sized spray deodorant and started randomly spraying the teen boys as they passed by us around the house. Eventually they decide it’s easier to wear deodorant than be on guard 24/7 of a random spraying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

17 minutes ago, Murphy101 said:

We bought some of those small cans of travel-sized spray deodorant and started randomly spraying the teen boys as they passed by us around the house. Eventually they decide it’s easier to wear deodorant than be on guard 24/7 of a random spraying.

He'd also rather take razors and shaving creme from his brother than me buy him his own supply .  . 

2ds has grown a beard (again), so barely uses them (I think he shaves his neck) - but I stocked their cupboard. . . .