Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

4 hours ago, smfmommy said:

image.jpeg.55028514f86a5c94e957f7227e051116.jpeg

Well, since "you" now have a phd, it's time to let you in on the secret. I know by experience that once you become an adjunct professor, this dream slowly adjusts itself to, "It's months into a semester and I haven't been showing up to teach my class so far, and now I have to deliver a catch-up lecture with no lesson plan on a topic I'm barely familiar with, and I can't find the classroom, and the projector doesn't work."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

On 1/18/2023 at 7:23 AM, Laura Corin said:

Thirty years after finishing my Masters, I was still getting that dream.  Then I went back to university and, strangely, the dream went away.

I am back in school, very very part time, pursuing sciences and aerospace courses. And now I have that dream again. Sigh....love the courses, hate waking up in a cold sweat thinking I forgot to log into class or didn't upload a paper. There are days when I think, "I am too old for this crap!" 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Faith-manor said:

I am back in school, very very part time, pursuing sciences and aerospace courses. And now I have that dream again. Sigh....love the courses, hate waking up in a cold sweat thinking I forgot to log into class or didn't upload a paper. There are days when I think, "I am too old for this crap!" 

I still have dreams about being in high school and unable to find my locker, or in college and lost on campus trying to find my class. I graduated college 20 years ago.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Negin said:

326628760_715074820225382_2399413771505271389_n.jpg

does anyone else feel a compulsion to correct the grammar to what they intended?

If Faberge Eggs were the same price as regular eggs - Faberge Eggs would have dropped in value.

If regular eggs were now as much as a Faberge Egg - regular eggs would have increased in value.

eta: dh likes to share the story of a farmer in the Weimar Republic.  Due to the hyperinflation, he paid off his mortgage with a dozen eggs.

Edited by gardenmom5