Menu

Anyone NOT received their stimulus check that should be getting it?

1GirlTwinBoys

Ours is still not in the bank and when I went to the website to check on the status, it gave me a message PAYMENT STATUS NOT AVAILABLE and that they could not determine my eligibility at this time.  So confused on this because I checked all the reasons why we may not be getting it and we don't fall under any of those.

• Like 1

Some issues I have come across:

Do they have your current bank account info?  You didn't have your refund deposited into a third party temp account(like H&R Block, Turbotax) in 2018 or 2019?

I can not get past that wall  that you see.  I need to add my bank info because we never get returns, only pay in.

Also, people with $0 tax liability and no bank info are shut out of the system right now.  They are working on that glitch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1GirlTwinBoys said:

Didn't use one of those tax filing places.  Normally we don't get refunds and have to pay some each year so I'm wondering if that could be the issue.  No idea how to get past that...

We had to pay this year but I thought since we had our payment direct debited out of our account the IRS would use that. Apparently not, only if you get a refund. I put in our account information and the status changed saying the page would be updated when a date is assigned for the deposit.

Edited by AbcdeDooDah
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, iamonlyone said:

None of the four of us who are eligible in our family of five have received anything yet. Apparently, we all need to enter our direct deposit info in tomorrow too. Thanks for the tip!

We had to pay this year and haven't received our check yet either.  We;ll be trying this today.

• Like 2

$0 tax liability here BUT as soon as they opened up the non-filers reporting tool, we sent in our information. Like within an hour of it coming online. It was received and accepted the same day. We got the "we have your information but we have not looked at it yet" that the IRS sends any time you send them information electronically and we got the "we have looked over your paperwork and everything looks good." from them as well. It also said we should see our payment within 3 weeks, which was before this past Wednesday when a lot of people got theirs. We were hoping to get it with everyone else but honestly I'm not surprised that we did not. I just wish the Get My Payment thing gave a little more information like acknowledging that they do have our information and are working on it or that something is missing so I can get on that missing information right away. It's the unknown that is driving me crazy as usual.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rjand6more said:

Some issues I have come across:

Do they have your current bank account info?  You didn't have your refund deposited into a third party temp account(like H&R Block, Turbotax) in 2018 or 2019?

I can not get past that wall  that you see.  I need to add my bank info because we never get returns, only pay in.

Also, people with $0 tax liability and no bank info are shut out of the system right now.  They are working on that glitch.

I had figured they might not have my info, and was happy to hear that we’d have a chance to enter it. But, yeah, not getting that option.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, iamonlyone said:

None of the four of us who are eligible in our family of five have received anything yet. Apparently, we all need to enter our direct deposit info in tomorrow too. Thanks for the tip!

IMO if there is the possibility of one being claimed as a Dependent on someone elses return, that may delay the I.R.S. processing of the Stimulus payments. I eFiled the return for DD near the end of March and I checked on her return in the Standard Deduction area "Someone can claim you as a Dependent".   Several days later, I eFiled our return and did not claim DD as a Dependent. I suspect they will wait, until they can correlate (is that the word for cross-check?) the 2 returns and see that we did not claim her as a Dependent and that that will delay getting Refund/Stimulus payments. There are many other reasons, but that seems to be something that can/will delay these payments.

• Like 1

No , my spouse and I did not get the direct deposit yet even though we e-filed 2019 federal and state taxes already in March and the IRS has our bank info that we used to pay tax owed - no refund for us this year.   The IRS website said stimulus check was successful, but waiting to be processed?

No, my two kids in their twenties, not declared as our dependents on 2019 federal/state taxes with no tax owed or no tax refund (but they were both declared dependents back on 2018 taxes since both students then) anyhow so they already e-filed their own 2019 taxes in March but since they didn't get a refund  - turbo tax didn't let them put in bank info) So when we check the IRS website feature for them to add banking info and to check stimulus check status it says (for three days now) that there is a tech problem and bounces us off. . . 

what's up? 

48 minutes ago, stephanier.1765 said:

They don't have our bank info. The same goes for one of my sons, my parents and my brother. I read that the checks could take as long as September.

I don't know if this source is correct, but it has a paper check schedule halfway down the article: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/stimulus-check-140448022.html

• Like 1

Just wanted to post an update. I checked the Get My Payment app on IRS.gov yesterday and our status had changed from "eligibility cannot be determined" to "you are eligible and we will update this page when we have an exact payment date"!

It also said we are getting it by direct deposit, not a paper check, and referenced which account they intend to send the deposit.

So if you are still waiting for your stimulus, keep checking the IRS website once a day. They batch update once every 24 hours at night so it is pointless to keep checking throughout the day. But it seems they are trying at least to get everyone their stimulus money as expeditiously as possible. Even if it seems like a snail's pace to those of us who have not received ours yet.

• Like 2

On 4/17/2020 at 11:28 AM, rjand6more said:

I believe I will be in the group that waits for paper checks.

I didn't know there was a possibility of getting direct deposit since we've paid via paper check for years.  I just tried the Get My Payment.  Haven't filed 2019, so used 2018 numbers, and it says "The information you have entered does not match our records. Please try again. "  🤔

Okay then.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sue in St Pete said:

I didn't know there was a possibility of getting direct deposit since we've paid via paper check for years.  I just tried the Get My Payment.  Haven't filed 2019, so used 2018 numbers, and it says "The information you have entered does not match our records. Please try again. "  🤔

Okay then.

I was finally able to enter info, but ours said the same.  We overpaid last year, so the overpayment was applied.  So, we didn't get a refund or make a payment.  You had to "check" one.  Also, when I had to give a amount, it was "0".(no refund, no payment)  I guess there is NO work around for this scenario.  We wait.  

On 4/17/2020 at 8:45 AM, Lanny said:

IMO if there is the possibility of one being claimed as a Dependent on someone elses return, that may delay the I.R.S. processing of the Stimulus payments. I eFiled the return for DD near the end of March and I checked on her return in the Standard Deduction area "Someone can claim you as a Dependent".   Several days later, I eFiled our return and did not claim DD as a Dependent. I suspect they will wait, until they can correlate (is that the word for cross-check?) the 2 returns and see that we did not claim her as a Dependent and that that will delay getting Refund/Stimulus payments. There are many other reasons, but that seems to be something that can/will delay these payments.

If the box "someone could claim you as a dependent" checked on her return, even if you didn't claim her, she won't get $$

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, SereneHome said:

If the box "someone could claim you as a dependent" checked on her return, even if you didn't claim her, she won't get $$

Yes. I believe that is true. I will need to prepare an Amended return for her in TurboTax and then have her print it out, sign it and mail it to the I.R.S.   Sadly, that will delay her getting the Stimulus payment for months.  Probably many months. Hopefully she will eventually get it and hopefully we will get it.  After she finishes this semester we will work on that.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Splash1 said:

We just got ours this week, not a check but a visa type card.  Son hasn't received anything yet. 

I just read about the debit cards. Why are they sending those out now instead of just sending out checks? A lot of people thought it was a scam and threw them away because they were expecting checks. 

1 hour ago, OH_Homeschooler said:

I just read about the debit cards. Why are they sending those out now instead of just sending out checks? A lot of people thought it was a scam and threw them away because they were expecting checks. 

I probably would have thrown them away too. Most likely having felt that the envelope contained a card, I would never have even opened it. Crap, now I wonder if I've done this.

I have learned to open everything from past mistakes.  I thought maybe it was a hoax/fraud but called the number to see what it said and did some research.  Not sure why the card vs check  seems like checks would be cheaper.  We usually owe them money so they don't have our bank account.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90510730/does-your-stimulus-debit-card-have-a-totally-made-up-name-youre-not-alone  Shows a picture and how to get a replacement card if needed.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/advisor/2020/05/21/5-things-to-know-about-stimulus-debit-cards/#572eafe73939

Edited by Splash1