Menu

WTM Ultimate Recipe Swap

IfIOnly

I'd really appreciate a thread dedicated to sharing and gathering our favorite main dish, dinner recipes. Try a new recipe and it's a winner? Family fave for some time? Share it here, please. 🥰 Let's say the only guidelines are recipes must be tried-and-true and shared in your post. Links are fine! A recipe title is appreciated too.

I'll go first! This Zuppa Toscana (creamy potato, kale, and sausage soup) is a family favorite. My kids can't get enough of it and argue over leftovers. 

I don't add bacon. Also, you can't taste the coconut milk as the author states. Really. I have one kid who can sit out all meals made with coconut milk  He's not a fan and will grab a bowl of cereal or make a sandwich or whatever. But he loves this soup! I do use a little less than is called for though: maybe 3/4 can or so because the coconut milk I buy is so thick and creamy. Seasoning your own pork sausage is easy and what adds so much flavor, as is using smoked paprika vs regular (my tweak.) Add the optional fennel if you can, but it's great without. 

Zuppa Toscana (Whole 30, Paleo, Dairy Free)

https://40aprons.com/whole30-zuppa-toscana/

-------------------------------------

Slow Cooker

Slow Cooker Beef Stew  (IP instructions as well) ThatBookwormMom

Salsa Chicken  ChrisB

Best Crockpot BBQ Chicken  mmasc

Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili  Cintinative

Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken  Cintinative

Slow Cooker Korean Beef  DesertBlossom

Instant Pot

Paleo Instant Pot Carnitas  Just Kate

Beef

Hearty Goulash Soup   KungFuPanda

Chicken

Grilled Chicken Tacos with Cilantro Lime Ranch  mmasc

Jaime Oliver's Chicken & Milk  Pippen

BBQ Shredded Chicken  Pippen

Oven Roasted Chicken Schwarma mom@shiloh

Better Than McDonald's Chicken Nuggets  Emba56

Sheet Pan Garlic Herb Butter Chicken & Potatoes  rjand6more

Mom's Standby Sheet Pan Chicken & Potatoes   Pippen

Pizza

Roberta's Pizza Dough  KungFuPanda

Plant-based

Ottakee's Go-to Black Bean Filling

Quinoa & Black Beans  DesertBlossom

No-fry Eggplant Parmesan  Sneezyone

Seafood

Linguine with Clam Sauce  IfIOnly

Soups & Stews

Healthy Zuppa Toscana  IfIOnly

Creamy White Chili  (slow cooker instrucions as well) DesertBlossom

Homemade Vietnamese Pho  Sneezyone

Side Dishes

Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice  Just Kate

Lemon Risotto  Pippen

Rubs, Spice Mixes, Sauces & Marinades

Homemade Taco Seasoning  Cintinative

Tofu Scramble Spice Mix  BeachGal

Edited by IfIOnly
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Ooh, I'll play. I would love some  new recipes. 

This is a family favorite. I am about to put it in the slow cooker right now, actually. I always double the recipe or at least add a couple extra cans of beans. It is so easy to throw together in the slow cooker, and for that reason alone is a favorite.  But it also has incredible flavor. I mourn the summer months when it's socially unacceptable to make chili. 

https://www.melskitchencafe.com/creamy-white-chili/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'll play...and it's a crock-pot chicken recipe 👍

Salsa Chicken

3 chicken breast (frozen is fine)
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 bag frozen corn
1 big jar of favorite salsa (we do Tostitos medium)
a couple tablespoons salt, to taste

Layer each of the above items in a crockpot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours--it's very forgiving. 

30 minutes before serving:
shred chicken breast with 2 forks in crock-pot  (if it's been cooking a while, the chicken will pull apart very easily) 
add and cover to melt:  8 oz block of cream cheese  (May have to pull off a little liquid before adding cream cheese so it's not too watery.)

Mix before serving.  Serve in either a corn or flour tortilla OR scoop with tortilla chips.  Sprinkle with Shredded cheddar.

This recipe was a huge time saver after we had our twins, actually finding it on a twins website back in the day.  I'll make it as a dip or main dish--it's all good!  Easy to scale, filling, leftovers taste great.  You could probably "hide" the taste of other veggies with the salsa flavor if you'd like to add them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This chicken is delicious for tacos. I make it exactly as directed—definitely don’t skip the lime and letting it rest part!

https://www.cookingclassy.com/grilled-chicken-tacos-cilantro-lime-ranch/

just realized I posted my favorite bbq chicken recipe in the other thread, but not this one!

https://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2014/06/best-crockpot-bbq-chicken.html

Edited by mmasc
  • Thanks 1

One of my go tos is a super simple recipe.  I have even made it in hotel rooms using a large microwave safe bowl.

1 can corn, drained

1 can black beans, rinsed and drained,

1 can petite diced tomatoes (or rotel or your favorite)

1 packet taco seasoning mix

Mix all and heat through.  Usually we serve this on warmed flour tortillas with cheese and lettuce.  Easy to add left over cooked chicken, beef or even rice to the recipe.  It also works well served over rice in a rice bowl, over chips and cheese, or over a bed of lettuce.   I often add sour cream, guacamole, cilantro, etc. to mine but it is tasty without.

• Thanks 1

I thought of another one. If your crew likes clams, Linguini with Clam Sauce is flavorful, tried and true, and everyone loves it here. I make it for lunch too because it comes together quickly. https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/linguine-with-clam-sauce

• 1 (12-oz.) package linguine
    • 2 (6 1/2-oz.) cans chopped clams
    • 1 tablespoon butter
    • 1/4 cup olive oil
    • 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
    • 3 garlic cloves, minced
    • 1/3 cup dry white wine
    • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
    • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
    • 2 teaspoons crushed Italian seasoning*
    • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    • 1/8 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper
    •       Garnish: freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Changes: Any pasta type works. I replace olive oil for the butter, don't often have the mushrooms, and use dried spices: 2 teaspoons each dried basil and parsley. It tastes great without the wine too. Just Kraft parmesan cheese for garnish for those who aren't dairy free. Less or even no clams is good too.

Edited by IfIOnly

2 hours ago, ChrisB said:

I'll play...and it's a crock-pot chicken recipe 👍

Salsa Chicken

3 chicken breast (frozen is fine)
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 bag frozen corn
1 big jar of favorite salsa (we do Tostitos medium)
a couple tablespoons salt, to taste

Layer each of the above items in a crockpot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours--it's very forgiving. 

30 minutes before serving:
shred chicken breast with 2 forks in crock-pot  (if it's been cooking a while, the chicken will pull apart very easily) 
add and cover to melt:  8 oz block of cream cheese  (May have to pull off a little liquid before adding cream cheese so it's not too watery.)

Mix before serving.  Serve in either a corn or flour tortilla OR scoop with tortilla chips.  Sprinkle with Shredded cheddar.

This recipe was a huge time saver after we had our twins, actually finding it on a twins website back in the day.  I'll make it as a dip or main dish--it's all good!  Easy to scale, filling, leftovers taste great.  You could probably "hide" the taste of other veggies with the salsa flavor if you'd like to add them. 

We have a similar recipe.  My kids call it The Pink Stuff.  The differences: I cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks, use 1 can of corn and 1 can beans (drained), and I add a jar of mushrooms (plus the aforementioned salsa and cream cheese)! (The mushrooms are great -- they soak up sooo much flavor.) We like ours over egg noodles. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would like a quinoa recipe please. I have a ton to use up and tonight's dinner was a disaster.  LOL

Here is a recipe I do like. Mostly pantry staples so it's easy.

Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

2 - 14 oz cans diced tomatoes, undrained

1 cup frozen corn

1  can black beans, drained and rinsed

1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed

2-8 oz cans (or 1-16 oz can) tomato sauce

1 T chili powder

1 packet taco seasoning (or 2.5 T homemade--I prefer homemade*)  *see recipe below

Place all ingredients except chicken in crockpot. Stir. Add chicken, covering with mixture.

Cook on low about 4 hours or until chicken registers 160F. Cut chicken into small bite size pieces and return to crockpot. 

------------------------

Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken

1 - 16 oz jar salsa

1 packet taco seasoning (I use 2.5 T homemade)

1 lime, juiced

3 T chopped fresh cilantro

2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3 breasts)

Combine all but chicken in slow cooker. Add breasts and cover with mixture. Cook on low about 4 hours or until chicken registers 160F.  Cut into small pieces and return to crockpot.

We serve this over rice but you could use it in tacos, etc. 

--------------------------------------

Homemade Taco Seasoning (save a small jar and fill it with a big batch of this to use whenever)

makes equivalent of 1 packet taco seasoning

1 T chili powder

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1/4 tsp onion powder

1/4 tsp dried oregano

1/2 tsp paprika

1 1/2 tsp ground cumin

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp black pepper

optional (I omit): 1/4 tsp cayenne red pepper

I usually make a 5x batch and put it in a glass jar that formerly held bouillon cubes. 

• Thanks 1

I've been making Jamie Oliver's Chicken and Milk for ages and my family really likes it.  I usually keep it covered the full time as the meat remains really moist. 

I usually use a big roaster chicken and there's plenty of leftovers for another night. There's also plenty of juices left and it's tasty but a little odd. Last time I strained the liquid and used it to make a half recipe of this Lemon Risotto from Epicurious.  (I think I had two cups of juices and just added a cup of chicken broth.)  I omitted the lemon juice since there was a lot going on flavorwise already and garnished with lemon zest, parsley, and freshly grated parmesan. I also cheated and just dumped in the liquid all at once, because I don't have the patience for a little at a time. It was amazing!

We also love this BBQ Shredded Chicken, made iwith whatever chicken I happen to have.  Most of the time I omit the BBQ sauce while cooking, and then serve it on the side for those who want it. 

My favorite sauce with it is Lillie's smoky flavor:

https://www.amazon.com/Lillies-Barbeque-Sauce-SMOKY-Flavor/dp/B07C757JWT/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2CSKS7X72WE97&keywords=lillies+bbq+sauce&qid=1579480764&sprefix=lily's+bbq+sauc%2Caps%2C175&sr=8-4

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cintinative said:

I would like a quinoa recipe please. I have a ton to use up and tonight's dinner was a disaster.  LOL

It's not a dinner recipe, but sometimes I cook quinoa in apple juice with chopped apples, cinnamon, and vanilla and eat it for breakfast.  I usually add milk and a pinch of brown sugar to my bowl.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@cintinative re:quinoa. I don’t have a recipe and have never really eaten much quinoa—-until my bff told me she had started putting some on her salads and loved it. So, I cooked up some plain quinoa in water, and added it to my salads and it has been yummy! It just soaks up whatever flavors are in the salad (dressing) and adds a bit of texture and chew to the salad. I just usually put a bed of greens (spinach usually), chopped up cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, feta, about a half cup of quinoa, plus some sprinkles of various things like sunflower seeds, nutritional yeast, craisins, pecans, or whatever. I especially like the Maple Grove Farms Strawberry vinaigrette with this salad.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cintinative said:

I really like this recipe. Quick and easy. I serve it with tortilla chips and we end up eating it like a dip.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/49552/quinoa-and-black-beans/?internalSource=hub recipe&referringContentType=Search

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cintinative said:

Quinoa Tabbouleh :wub:  There are other cold salad recipes out there using it that look good and that I need to try.

There are a bunch of different but pretty much the same Quinoa tabbouleh recipes online.  Add Feta if that sounds good too. Toast the quinoa before cooking or not. And forget this 1/2 a cup of parsely thing. Just use the whole bunch. 👍

• Like 1

This site won’t take my photos anymore. They’re apparently too big. However, THIS Goulash Soup recipe is nearly identical to my Aunt Heidi’s. She gave me permission to substitute beef stew meat for shin and she replaces the caraway seeds with powdered caraway. We also add thin strips of colorful bell peppers towards the end of cooking. DH likes to add egg noodles. I just like it as is with some rye bread. 

Don’t tell her, but I’ve made it with regular paprika and a pinch of cayenne. It’s the caraway flavor that really puts it over the top for me anyway. Perfect for winter. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

This site won’t take my photos anymore. They’re apparently too big. However, THIS Goulash Soup recipe is nearly identical to my Aunt Heidi’s. She gave me permission to substitute beef stew meat for shin and she replaces the caraway seeds with powdered caraway. We also add thin strips of colorful bell peppers towards the end of cooking. DH likes to add egg noodles. I just like it as is with some rye bread. 

Don’t tell her, but I’ve made it with regular paprika and a pinch of cayenne. It’s the caraway flavor that really puts it over the top for me anyway. Perfect for winter. 

Oh, this sound good. And a family recipe. 😍 Love strong spices like caraway. Unfortunately, I can't read the recipe because I don't have a WSJ subscription!

This recipe for Chicken Schwarma is one of my favorites. I usually change it up and just throw the chicken in the crock pot instead of baking it.  There is a link to a tabbouleh salad. I substitue quinoa for the bulghur wheat in that one and serve it all together. The garlic sauce is amazing.  Here's the link:

https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/oven-roasted-chicken-shawarma/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, IfIOnly said:

Oh, this sound good. And a family recipe. 😍 Love strong spices like caraway. Unfortunately, I can't read the recipe because I don't have a WSJ subscription!

Here’s a very similar one: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/hearty-goulash-soup-11021/amp

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2020 at 12:01 AM, IfIOnly said:

Whoops! Just adding recipes to OP but accidentally made a new post.

I'm loving your recipes and new meals to try. The only problem is I can't decide which one to try first because they all look delicious!

Thank you for sharing with us!

Edited by IfIOnly

Guys. GUYS. This is the ultimate pizza crust recipe. I’ve tried soooo many, but NOBODY TOLD ME the secret ingredient is 00 flour. (I bought mine at Wegman’s.) WHY am I learning this now. It makes the dough so it stretches nice and thin without tearing. It’s tossable if you’re brave. I just held it up and let gravity stretch it. My Dh, who is from Brooklyn, says it’s the best one ever. 

It’s also the EASIEST. Mix 4 ingredients, knead three minutes, rest for 15, knead three more, then set aside for a few hours or overnight. I did overnight so it could develop flavor and so lunch would be easy today. 

https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/1054675034/robertas-pizza-dough/

I’m sorry for yelling. I’m very excited. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

Guys. GUYS. This is the ultimate pizza crust recipe. I’ve tried soooo many, but NOBODY TOLD ME the secret ingredient is 00 flour. (I bought mine at Wegman’s.) WHY am I learning this now. It makes the dough so it stretches nice and thin without tearing. It’s tossable if you’re brave. I just held it up and let gravity stretch it. My Dh, who is from Brooklyn, says it’s the best one ever. 

It’s also the EASIEST. Mix 4 ingredients, knead three minutes, rest for 15, knead three more, then set aside for a few hours or overnight. I did overnight so it could develop flavor and so lunch would be easy today. 

Yep. In a pinch, I’ve had good luck adding gluten to all purpose flour but 00 is definitely better. I’ve been using a very similar recipe for years. Totally goof proof. It’s not truly Neapolitan (our preferred style) b/c EVOO, but it’s really good.

Edited by Sneezyone
  • Like 1

This is my favorite pho recipe. So yummy!! https://www.inspiredtaste.net/4307/vietnamese-soup-pho/

I also make a no-fry eggplant Parmesan offshoot that my family and friends love. It’s one of my most often requested recipes.

You’ll need panko, EVOO, heirloom tomato slices (or good finely diced/puréed tomatoes, boxed are ok), 1/2 a sweet onion, grated Parmesan, fresh flat leaf parsley, fresh garlic cloves, one small eggplant, fresh mozzarella, salt, and a pepper mill.

Slice the eggplant into 1/4” rounds. Generously salt one side and set aside to sweat.

While those sweat, I mix 1.5 cups of panko with 1/2 cup of GOOD Parmesan, 2 large cloves of minced garlic, 2-3 Tbs of EVOO, 1 Tbs coarsely chopped parsley and 1/4-1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper.

Then I slice my tomatoes 1/4” thick and slice the mozzarella. This is unnecessary if you buy it sliced or use bocconcini.

Quickly slice and sauté the onions in a 1/2 Tbs of EVOO until translucent but not browned. Set aside to cool.

Now, grab a baking dish. 

Mop the excess water off of eggplant with a paper towel. Layer the eggplant, the tomato/tomato sauce (sprinkle a bit of salt here), onion, cheese and 2 heaping Tbs of bread crumb mix. Repeat x2.

Bake at 375-400 degrees for 30 min. You can make it ahead (unbaked) and store it in the fridge for later. It totally beats breading and frying up a bunch of eggplant slices!

543D604D-1C22-4EA2-8F22-DEC6151EEA91.jpeg

9E738619-11F6-489D-844E-DA5F7BEC7956.jpeg

930A2E17-836A-4C1D-B2BA-ABB1CD3A1AF7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

I haven't heard of 00 flour either! I'll definitely look for it. I wonder if I'll find it at my regular grocery stores? Will definitely be trying this recipe!

3 hours ago, Sneezyone said:

This is my favorite pho recipe. So yummy!! https://www.inspiredtaste.net/4307/vietnamese-soup-pho/

I also make a no-fry eggplant Parmesan offshoot that my family and friends love. It’s one of my most often requested recipes.

You’ll need panko, EVOO, heirloom tomato slices (or good finely diced/puréed tomatoes, boxed are ok), 1/2 a sweet onion, grated Parmesan, fresh flat leaf parsley, fresh garlic cloves, one small eggplant, fresh mozzarella, salt, and a pepper mill.

Slice the eggplant into 1/4” rounds. Generously salt one side and set aside to sweat.

While those sweat, I mix 1.5 cups of panko with 1/2 cup of GOOD Parmesan, 2 large cloves of minced garlic, 2-3 Tbs of EVOO, 1 Tbs coarsely chopped parsley and 1/4-1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper.

Then I slice my tomatoes 1/4” thick and slice the mozzarella. This is unnecessary if you buy it sliced or use bocconcini.

Quickly slice and sauté the onions in a 1/2 Tbs of EVOO until translucent but not browned. Set aside to cool.

Now, grab a baking dish. 

Mop the excess water off of eggplant with a paper towel. Layer the eggplant, the tomato/tomato sauce (sprinkle a bit of salt here), onion, cheese and 2 heaping Tbs of bread crumb mix. Repeat x2.

Bake at 375-400 degrees for 30 min. You can make it ahead (unbaked) and store it in the fridge for later. It totally beats breading and frying up a bunch of eggplant slices!

543D604D-1C22-4EA2-8F22-DEC6151EEA91.jpeg

9E738619-11F6-489D-844E-DA5F7BEC7956.jpeg

930A2E17-836A-4C1D-B2BA-ABB1CD3A1AF7.jpeg

Wow, these look amazing. Do you actually make you own broth for the Pho? My mom loves eggplant. I have to send her your recipe. 

48 minutes ago, Matryoshka said:

I'm having the same problem. Could you post the recipe here?

A post or two down, KungFuPanda posted this link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/hearty-goulash-soup-11021/amp   

Yes, I do make my own pho broth. It’s great on cold days! ☺️ I have some rib roast bones from Christmas in my freezer and plan to make some this week so it was on my mind. I promise they’re both super tasty!!

ETA: my local Harris teeter has 00 flour but is often sold out. I usually get it from Amazon.

Edited by Sneezyone
  • Like 1

My kids say these are better than McDonald's nuggets. Of course I think they are, since they're not made of chopped mystery chicken bits.😑 Got the recipe somewhere online but I can't find where it was now. It can easily be made gluten free by using a gluten free flour blend in place of the wheat flour.

Easy Baked Chicken Nuggets 

1 lb chicken breast

2tbsp cornmeal

2 tbsp flour

3/4 tsp salt

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp paprika (I use smoked paprika)

1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)

1/8 tsp black pepper

2 tbsp oil

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. But chicken into approx 1" to 1 -1 /2"chunks. Put in bowl.

mix flour and seasonings. Sprinkle flour mixture over meat and stir too coat thoroughly. 

Drizzle oil over chicken and mix to coat.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes on a pan covered in parchment paper or sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.

You can also freeze these for a good homemade convenience food. I like to make a larger batch, bake half and freeze half of it before baking. Place the nuggets on a baking tray, separated from each other by a little space, freeze for a couple of hours and then toss to a freezer bag. When it's time to bake them, use the same temp but bake longer to cook thoroughly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, emba56 said:

My kids say these are better than McDonald's nuggets. Of course I think they are, since they're not made of chopped mystery chicken bits.😑 Got the recipe somewhere online but I can't find where it was now. It can easily be made gluten free by using a gluten free flour blend in place of the wheat flour.

Easy Baked Chicken Nuggets 

1 lb chicken breast

2tbsp cornmeal

2 tbsp flour

3/4 tsp salt

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp paprika (I use smoked paprika)

1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)

1/8 tsp black pepper

2 tbsp oil

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. But chicken into approx 1" to 1 -1 /2"chunks. Put in bowl.

mix flour and seasonings. Sprinkle flour mixture over meat and stir too coat thoroughly. 

Drizzle oil over chicken and mix to coat.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes on a pan covered in parchment paper or sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.

You can also freeze these for a good homemade convenience food. I like to make a larger batch, bake half and freeze half of it before baking. Place the nuggets on a baking tray, separated from each other by a little space, freeze for a couple of hours and then toss to a freezer bag. When it's time to bake them, use the same temp but bake longer to cook thoroughly.

Have a chicken breast in the fridge to use for lunch and am making this! It's so cool your recipe doesn't require egg. We have egg allergies here and egg is in so many breaded recipes.

BTW, I have two teens who work at McDonalds. Such a great first job. McDonald's has it dialed for teens.❤️ Our fast food eating needs curbed though with them working there and especially with their discount that we all get even if they're not on a shift. Argh!

Thank you!

https://cafedelites.com/sheet-pan-garlic-herb-butter-chicken/

This has saved dinner so many times and my family LOVES it.  Few pans is a huge plus too. It's budget friendly at around $10. I always have everything to make it.  We are a family of 7.  I use 2 sheet pans, a whole bag of frozen chicken tenders from Aldi, 3/4 bag red potatoes from Aldi, and a bag of the fine green beans(frozen) from Aldi.

I wash and cut the potatoes and put on the pans, Dump the frozen chicken tenders onto the pans. I salt and pepper everything.  I double the "sauce" recipe and pour it onto the pans evenly.  Bake 15 minutes,  Take out the pans, divide the frozen green beans on the pans, toss.  Put back in for 15-20 minutes(check chicken for doneness and veggies for a bit of crispiness.)

Oh, and I use dried herbs.

Edited by rjand6more
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is another recently discovered favorite. There is something about having dinner in the crock pot in the morning that makes me feel like a rock star. Everything else can go wrong during the day, but at least dinner is almost ready!  I steam some broccoli and serve the Korean beef over rice.

https://damndelicious.net/2015/02/21/slow-cooker-korean-beef/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rjand6more said:

https://cafedelites.com/sheet-pan-garlic-herb-butter-chicken/

This has saved dinner so many times and my family LOVES it.  Few pans is a huge plus too. It's budget friendly at around $10. I always have everything to make it.  We are a family of 7.  I use 2 sheet pans, a whole bag of frozen chicken tenders from Aldi, 3/4 bag red potatoes from Aldi, and a bag of the fine green beans(frozen) from Aldi.

I wash and cut the potatoes and put on the pans, Dump the frozen chicken tenders onto the pans. I salt and pepper everything.  I double the "sauce" recipe and pour it onto the pans evenly.  Bake 15 minutes,  Take out the pans, divide the frozen green beans on the pans, toss.  Put back in for 15-20 minutes(check chicken for doneness and veggies for a bit of crispiness.)

Oh, and I use dried herbs.

Super into sheet pan meals recently. I have a fajita recipe to try soon. Love just one pan to clean, and if I use parchment paper, clean up is that much easier.

I know we'll love this recipe. Would just use the chicken breast. Thank you!

Edited by IfIOnly

My mom's old standby sheet pan chicken and potatoes recipe is excellent. Melt 1 stick of butter in a jelly roll pan. Dredge a cu-tup chicken in flour that's been seasoned well with salt and pepper. Lay the chicken around the pan. Cut small to medium sized potatoes in half lengthwise and set them cut side down into spaces between the chicken. Cook in a 350 degree oven until the chicken is tender. (Sorry I don't remember how long I cook this--probably about an hour).

Don't use skinless chicken--the butter, chicken fat and salt make the potatoes amazingly good.

• Thanks 1

Here’s a seasoning for tofu scrambles that is a tiny bit spicy. I triple or quadruple the recipe and keep it in a glass container so that it’s always ready to go as needed.

TOFU SCRAMBLE SPICE MIX

2 tbsp brewer’s yeast

1 tsp chili powder

1 tsp ground cumin

1 tsp kalan amak (this is a sulfury salt that you might have to order on Amazon)

3/4 tsp turmeric

1/4 tsp garlic powder

The scramble is just soft tofu combined with veggies you might mix with eggs. Pop everything into a pan, add spice mixture, heat, enjoy. Easy peasy.

• Thanks 1

A big favorite here is Pioneer Woman’s fettuccini Alfredo. So easy, too. https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/pioneer-woman-fettuccine-alfredo/998677  I often use light cream instead of heavy cream since I often have trouble finding anything except heavy whipping cream and it’s really good.

This chicken Marsala is a family favorite. https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/12/chicken-marsala-mushroom-pan-sauce-recipe.html  The only thing I do differently is use one or two large yellow onions and dice and carmelize them instead of the shallots.

This is an amazing fajita recipe. The skirt steak is something I had never bought before trying this. https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/06/grilled-skirt-steak-fajitas-food-lab-recipe.html

I have discovered how much more flavorful chicken thighs are for certain recipes and use them in chicken piccata and chicken parmigiana. I also grill boneless chicken thighs with the skin on with bbq sauce and they are so good!

This is a delicious gluten free dessert that gets rave reviews from family and friends. And very simple and easy to make. https://iowagirleats.com/2016/06/15/gluten-free-no-bake-strawberry-shortcake-icebox-cake/