Menu

Word for 2020

sassenach

Did we already have this thread?

I think I've settled on my word- TRUST. I'm a little scared to put it out there, but that's the one. Last year's word was Invest and I do think it was a year of investing in my health and future. For 2020, I have some hard/scary things on the horizon and I know that I will need to trust the Lord in those things. 

What's your word?

• Like 3

I’ve never done it, but I’ve been thinking about it.

I’m aiming for 2020 to be when we finally tie up loose ends; finally pay off remaining debt, finally make a decision on moving, finally finish up house projects, finally get systems running smoothly... Sounds like “finally” is a key word, but not exactly appropriate.  I don’t want a year to sound like everything’s ending!

• Like 3

I've done One Little Word off and on for a long time. There are years where my word has been meaningful to me and years where I cant remember what it was supposed to be lol

One year I chose a word that has become an ongoing word for my life (Abide). 

This year I am leaning toward "Together". But I'm not settled on that. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Carrie12345 said:

I’m aiming for 2020 to be when we finally tie up loose ends; finally pay off remaining debt, finally make a decision on moving, finally finish up house projects, finally get systems running smoothly... Sounds like “finally” is a key word, but not exactly appropriate.  I don’t want a year to sound like everything’s ending!

Maybe “Resolve”? You are resolving several things but it’s hopefully not the end of everything. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Carrie12345 said:

Success? Progress?

8 hours ago, alisoncooks said:

I believe I'll go with VISION (get it? 2020 vision?). I like a good pun.

But seriously, I tend to float along and not make progress. I turn 40 this year and am feeling the need to create VISION, to plan what I want my future to look like.

That’s a great pun! I think if that was my word I would want to make good on it just because it’s clever! 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2019 at 10:18 AM, Carrie12345 said:

I think finally is a perfectly good word.  But I am a person who finds great satisfaction when I have completed a task, especially a task I was putting off, so “finally” sounds like a very satisfying word to me.

In older books, people are often “putting their affairs in order.”  This is usually when someone is making sure their finances are properly tended to.  Whenever I’ve seen it used, the person is cleaning up loose ends and moving on to something new.

Maybe instead of “finally”, if you don’t like that word, you could use “order’’ in the sense that you’re finally putting all your affairs in order.  Or maybe you simply cannot be boxed in to one word and you need a phrase: “Putting my affairs in order” or “Tying up loose ends.”  

• Like 2

I can't decide between "hopeful" or "positive."  There is going to be a lot of change in the next year, lots of uncertainty, some frustration, at the same time as trying to recover after some big challenges. 

I'm re-watching the British TV series "The Darling Buds of May," and I'm wishing that I could tackle life more like Pa and Ma in the series. For Pa, most things are "Perfick!"  That's pretty darn positive. 😀

57 minutes ago, wintermom said:

I can't decide between "hopeful" or "positive."  There is going to be a lot of change in the next year, lots of uncertainty, some frustration, at the same time as trying to recover after some big challenges. 

I'm re-watching the British TV series "The Darling Buds of May," and I'm wishing that I could tackle life more like Pa and Ma in the series. For Pa, most things are "Perfick!"  That's pretty darn positive. 😀

Maybe your word should be, “Perfick!” 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Quill said:

Maybe your word should be, “Perfick!” 

That's going to be a tough one, as my dh works for big government and "perfick" isn't even on the same planet! I don't want to mis-use such a great word. Then again, we could adopt it's use ironically. It would certain fit. It may help us stay laughing (instead of crying). 😂

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1