Menu

Causes for mild nausea for days? NOT pregnancy!!

ScoutTN

6 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

Sometimes when my neck is off that happens. Do you go to a chiro?

Also there’s s thing with the rocks in your ears. Does any position make it better?

Hmm, the ear idea seems possible since I have fluid in my middle ear and am waiting on an ENT appt in January.
Don't have a chiro, but have been meaning to get one, so this may bump that higher on my 2020 to-do list.

11 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Hahaha, your disclaimer was rather funny but it needs to be said, since you just know we’d all chime in with pregnancy. 

Nausea was one of my main gall bladder symptoms, before pain set in a few weeks later. Has that also been ruled out?  Any diarrhea with it?

No other symptoms. Haven't seen a doc. Will keep the gb in mind if pain sets in. 

Maybe a food quality issue........Years ago when visiting my mom I bought myself a special treat of a favorite Bar Cheese at a local grocery store that apparently was very lax regarding expiration dates.  Lots of mom related medical stuff was going on around me and I was treating myself to a couple crackers with that cheese every day over two weeks, fortunately my mom hated that cheese.  I felt dreadful the whole trip,  just off with occasional nausea. Because my mom was fragile I didn’t want to even consider that I might be sick so I ignored it.   When I finished it I flipped it over and discovered it had expired 6 months before!  It tasted fine but I hadn’t had any in a few years so.....I ate it.   Could you be exposing yourself to something like that?

Also could be a change in your eyeglass prescription—not enough to give you a headache but enough to mess with the balance/vision feedback loops.  Especially an astigmatism change, or looking down through the reading glasses part of new progressive lenses.  When i first got progressive lens, I got just a little dizzy and nauseous every time I went down a flight of stairs.  I finally realized that I was a bit off balance because my visual depth perception was thrown off by the change in focal depth.

9 hours ago, ScoutTN said:

Hmm, the ear idea seems possible since I have fluid in my middle ear and am waiting on an ENT appt in January.
Don't have a chiro, but have been meaning to get one, so this may bump that higher on my 2020 to-do list.

Seems like you need that treated. Has it been going on a while? Infection or allergies?  

The most common reason people don't think of is post nasal drip, whether from a virus or an untreated allergy, or an ear infection.  In your case that's the safest bet.

Other reasons that are somewhat common that I don't think are posted above - migraines or diabetes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PeterPan said:

Seems like you need that treated. Has it been going on a while? Infection or allergies?  

Mid-Jan is the earliest appt I can get with an ENT. I saw both urgent care and my pcp for the sinus infection/ear infection (ruptured eardum) at Thanksgiving that created the fluid build up. I guess my eustachian tubes are blocked bc the fluid is still there. It crackles and my hearing is limited and I have some ringing. 

55 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

Mid-Jan is the earliest appt I can get with an ENT. I saw both urgent care and my pcp for the sinus infection/ear infection (ruptured eardum) at Thanksgiving that created the fluid build up. I guess my eustachian tubes are blocked bc the fluid is still there. It crackles and my hearing is limited and I have some ringing. 

Oh dear. So google what you do for that. The eardrum thing sounds horrible. Mucinex, saline spray (LOVE), decongestant. Have you tried a decongestant? It might hit it. Get the good stuff, like some real sudafed. My ds ended up at the doctor (the ONLY time he's ever gone in sick) because his ear started hurting from fluid. The ped was like hello, decongestant. Seemed a little too simple, lol.

I hope you figure it out. If the decongestant doesn't work, maybe back to UC or your primary.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

Oh dear. So google what you do for that. The eardrum thing sounds horrible. Mucinex, saline spray (LOVE), decongestant. Have you tried a decongestant? It might hit it. Get the good stuff, like some real sudafed. My ds ended up at the doctor (the ONLY time he's ever gone in sick) because his ear started hurting from fluid. The ped was like hello, decongestant. Seemed a little too simple, lol.

I hope you figure it out. If the decongestant doesn't work, maybe back to UC or your primary.

Yep, all of the above, plus a nasal steroid. 

I few years ago I had a horrible ear infection that didn't respond to antibiotics. But the antibiotics (Omnicef) ended up giving me an allergic reaction. I went back to my doctor, and she prescribed a course of steroids, and amazingly, they dried up the ear and dealt with my allergy symptoms as well. I wouldn't have expected steroids to be the treatment for an ear infection. I'm wondering if your GP could do anything else for you, in advance of your ENT appointment.