Menu

what's for dinner? 2-8-2017

SparklyUnicorn

For me some heated up cod with something on it - like Teryaki??? when I get home. I don't like to eat much this late.

Dh is on his own tonight since I won't be back until 7:45pm or so. He usually chooses the "no cooking" option of chips and dips. ;)

• Like 1

I want to go to dinner at any of y'all's houses! :D

Tonight was to be juicy lucies on pretzel buns with jalepeno sweet potato rounds and a cole slaw.  Unfortunately ds8 was a mess while we were out today and we only got half the shopping done before it was too crowded for any of us to be comfortable.  We're having pizza delivered instead.

And I'm slightly worried about him.  It turned out he was exhausted (was last night, too, and went to bed early).  He fell asleep in the car on the way home which is unusual for him.  I'm hoping he's not getting sick - 7 of our friends have had confirmed cases of the flu and we've been lucky so far.  He's gotten the shot, but man, this weekend is going to be a hard one for him to miss if he is sick.

• Like 1

I have some leftover pot roast and I am not sure what to do with it.  I was going to do shepherds pie (I think it has another name if you use beef), but I am out of potatoes.  I am thinking about trying pirogi, but I am not completely sure.

I was going to make steak because I'm trying to use up the beef in my freezer before my next half comes in a couple of weeks.  However, I'm really tired and don't feel like putting in that much effort (even though the steak is already thawed).  So the menu is now  salmon or chicken bites, herbed brown rice and quinoa and kale salad.  

Either Brunswick stew or some kind of sausage & veggie skillet thing with rice on the side.  Not sure which yet.   :closedeyes:

I love Brunswick stew.

The only time I've ever had it was in the South while I was in college.  A neighbor had a block party of sorts and had a huge cauldron of stew cooking in his backyard.

It was soooo good.

Clean out the fridge night. One person had leftover pizza, I had leftover butter beans and a baked potato, one had leftover orange chicken and rice, and someone had a bowl of sausage, potato, kale soup.   I'm a happy camper because other than enough taco meat for one person, all the leftovers have been eaten!

• Like 1

Baked tofu, brown rice, roasted beets, and sauteed swiss chard

At least that's my plan at the moment. I'll see what happens when I actually start to cook.

Yeah, that didn't happen. I ended up working on bills and paperwork until 7:30. We're making nachos instead.

• Like 2