Menu

How often do you change your razor?

momof4babes

Was the answer less or more frequent than you expected?

I only shave my legs in the summer (and my armpits if I'm going to the pool or beach) and then only so I don't have to deal with stupid comments, so I shave as infrequently as possible. Soooo I change my razor occasionally. If I lose it or it falls in the litterbox or something.

Was the answer less or more frequent than you expected?

I only shave my legs in the summer (and my armpits if I'm going to the pool or beach) and then only so I don't have to deal with stupid comments, so I shave as infrequently as possible. Soooo I change my razor occasionally. If I lose it or it falls in the litterbox or something.

It was more frequently than I expected.

Every 2 weeks.

My own is going on 6+ months. I shave several times a week, but I don't notice any difference.

I usually toss mine when it look gross.

I usually cut myself for a while with a new one.

• Like 2

I use a razor for 2-3 weeks.  If you haven't heard of Dollar Shave Club you may want to check it out.  (no affiliate link or anything, I just really like it!)

I get 4 premium blades (they have cheaper blades as well) shipped for $9 and I get my shipment every 6 weeks.  You get 1 handle with your first shipment and I paid a couple extra dollars for a second handle for DH.  We split the the razors.  So $9 every 6 weeks for the two of us works out to be a great deal!    Again, I'm not advertising, I was just so tired of spending a ton on disposables and these work well.

When I can start to feel it tugging slightly on my skin vs just sliding over it.  I have fine hair and not much of it, so I am not too rough on a blade.  I shave my underarms daily, but my legs only once or twice a week even in the short wearing weeks of summer.  

I buy a high-end razor and it absolutely lasts over a month, maybe even two before I have to toss it in the summer.  In the winter when I only shave my legs once  week, it could last 3 months. I do make sure my razor is not left in the wet part of the shower which definitely seems to help.  I put it on the top of the shower stall or on a small shelf that I can reach from behind the curtain. 

I joined the Dollar Shave Club and it was a great choice for me, because I'm lazy about changing blades and try to avoid grocery store runs, so I always forget to get more. They mail me blades in whateve schedule I choose and it's really inexpensive in the long run, for better shaves, no razor burn, no knicks.

I do my coffee on the same type of program, from BlueBottle. I buy my household and personal care items the same way from Melaleuca. Many of my groceries come from Full Circle Farm. Mail order subscription and co op services rock.

I use a razor for 2-3 weeks. If you haven't heard of Dollar Shave Club you may want to check it out. (no affiliate link or anything, I just really like it!)

I get 4 premium blades (they have cheaper blades as well) shipped for $9 and I get my shipment every 6 weeks. You get 1 handle with your first shipment and I paid a couple extra dollars for a second handle for DH. We split the the razors. So $9 every 6 weeks for the two of us works out to be a great deal! Again, I'm not advertising, I was just so tired of spending a ton on disposables and these work well.

Exactly. Best thing that happened to my skin in awhile.

I use the razors with the replaceable heads, I think the Venus or something like that.  It will last for 6-8 underarm and 4-5 leg shaves in the summer when I shave semi-regularly.  They will last for one -first time shaving after three months- leg shave in the winter.

• Like 1

I never cut myself with new blades but I do with used ones. Maybe my legs are weird? I never use a blade (disposable or good razor) more than twice. If I do, I cut myself horribly. So, I change razors (if disposable) and blades (if good razors) about twice a week.

I never cut myself with new blades but I do with used ones. Maybe my legs are weird? I never use a blade (disposable or good razor) more than twice. If I do, I cut myself horribly. So, I change razors (if disposable) and blades (if good razors) about twice a week.

Yeah, I only cut myself with razors that are new if I press too hard, like I have to with old ones. I get way more razor burn and skin irritation from older blades. One of those things I love about the dollar shave club is that the blades are actually really nice, unlike most disposables. I've been very happy with it for the cost.

Once every 7-10 days depending on usage. Then again, it's summer year-round here. If I start to see little white skin tags/hangy thingies after a shave where the hair used to be, I know it's been too long. I also use mens razors with four or five blades. They last longer, cost less, and perform beautifully.

I prefer non-disposable razors.  I only replace a cartridge when it seems to not be doing its job.  When the cartridges I bought with the razor are used up, I throw out the razor, because by then the cartridges aren't on the market any more.

I don't shave often.  Even in the summer I usually wear jeans, and in shorts I can go several days without shaving.  So my razor cartridges tend to last for months.

I've only cut mine with older blades too.