Menu

s/o: how often do you wash sheets?

chocolatechip

how often do you wash sheets?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. how often do you normally change the sheets on your bed?

• Every day
    • 2-3 times per week
    • once a week
    • every two weeks
    • every three weeks
    • every month
    • every two months
    • I'm supposed to wash the sheets?
    • obligatory other
  2. 2. how often do you normally change/have your kids change their sheets?

• every day
    • 2-3 times per week
    • every week
    • every two weeks
    • every three weeks
    • every month
    • every two months
    • I'm supposed to have my kids change their sheets?
    • obligatory other

I forgot to read the post going with the poll so I voted 2 months and obligatory other on both. Usually every 2-3 months or so, but the kids' sheets usually get washed whenever someone throws up or has an accident, so maybe a little more often.

They also always throw up or have an accident the day after I wash their sheets. I think I need to stop washing their sheets altogether.

I was raised by a once-a-week mom.   That is my ideal.  Sometimes... ugh, I don't want to think about it.  Definitely more often in the summer though!

My kids change them when they want to.  My daughter does hers far more often than my son does.  I do remind periodically if it seems that I haven't seen sheets come through the wash lately.

About biweekly, unless there's an accident or something. When this topic comes up I always think of one of my college friends who had a roommate who did not ever wash her sheets. My friend went to bed earlier than her roommate, and she would hear "swish swish pit pat pit pat pit pat" as her roommate used her hand to sweep all of the sand off her sheets.  :laugh:

As needed for the bedwetters, otherwise it's every month or two. We are anal about showering before bedtime so the sheets stay quite clean. I really prefer the feel and scent of slightly older sheets so I think I'm passing this onto my offspring :o

I wash the kids sheets weekly, because both have dust mite allergies. Before the one son was dx'd, I washed his bi-weekly and allergy kid weekly. We shower before bed, so sheets are not icky dirty anyway.

Our sheets get washed less often, and not on a schedule of any sort. When I have time basically.

All the sheets get changed every week, and washed every two weeks (we have two sets per bed). 

Kids sheets get changed occasionally more often as needed - accidents, sickness, extra dirty, etc. Very occasionally the kids get our sheets dirty and they get washed extra. DH washes sheets and he gets upset if he has to do it more than every two weeks, so we try to keep it to a minimum.

Our bed gets changed weekly. I love fresh sheets!

The crib sheets get changed multiple times per week. Baby is a tummy sleeper, a spitter, and a champion diaper soaker. Lots of layers on that one.

The toddlers sheets get changed every other week or so. He always bathes before bed, and no potty training yet. Plus it's just annoying to change the sheets with the bedrail up. I would change his pillowcase more often, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't actually use his pillow.

I think we're all just sweaty sleepers. My sheets just don't feel as nice by day 6 and if we get to day ten, they just smell off. Our cat also thinks that her place is under the covers between DH and me, so she adds to the need to wash them more often.