Menu

Trying my poll again with more choices...

jenn&charles

Which one looks better?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Which font do you like best?

• Font #1
    • Font #2
    • Font #3
    • Font #4
    • Font #5
    • Font #6
    • I don't like any of them.
    • Other (Please leave a comment if you want to) :-)

Thanks SO MUCH for the help. Please vote for which font you like best. The first 2 were in the other poll. The rest of the choices are new. Edited to add: If your kids would take a look and you could post their thoughts, that'd be great too!!

FONT 1

font1.JPG

FONT 2:

font2.JPG

FONT 3

font3.JPG

FONT 4

font4.JPG

FONT 5

font5.JPG

FONT SIX

font6.JPG

Font #3.  None of the others for second place. 

I wonder why some of the plates look as if they are covered by a filter, which makes them less clear.

I think they are less clear because they are screenshots...They are crisp in Photoshop, but not as clear in these jpgs. Thanks for voting!!

Thanks for the vote and also for letting me know your 2nd choice.

I'm surprised so many people like font #3. It's just plain ol' Arial! :-)

Maybe it's just the easiest to read...

Sometimes plain is easiest on the eyes.  Plus people are creatures of habit.  When a website layout changes or if someone types a message in another color, I can't stand it.

My six year old says 6 then 3.  The reason, "They are the clearest."  He wants to read the rest of the book.

Please thank your 6 year old for his feedback! Let him know the book is almost finished and will be published soon! :-)

I'm so happy to hear (er, read) that he wants to read the rest of it!!!

Other. I think what's bothering me is that all the choices are upper- and lowercase. The comic strips in the newspaper have the text in all uppercase. But sometimes the writers use lowercase for special situations. In Jump Start he uses lowercase when the babies are "talking" to each other. In Pearls Before Swine he uses lowercase for the crocs who are supposed to be exceptionally stoopid. Seeing the lowercase isn't the norm, as far as what I'm used to seeing with cartoon pictures, so for me all the text choices feel a bit off.

Other. I think what's bothering me is that all the choices are upper- and lowercase. The comic strips in the newspaper have the text in all uppercase. But sometimes the writers use lowercase for special situations. In Jump Start he uses lowercase when the babies are "talking" to each other. In Pearls Before Swine he uses lowercase for the crocs who are supposed to be exceptionally stoopid. Seeing the lowercase isn't the norm, as far as what I'm used to seeing with cartoon pictures, so for me all the text choices feel a bit off.

Hmm... I see what you mean.

Thanks for the input. The problem is that I mix comics with regular text / illustrated pages. I want to use the same font throughout. Yeah - I know, it's not very common to have comics AND regular text pages mixed together in the same book, but I like how it breaks things up.

I appreciate you sharing that though because I wouldn't have thought it through like that. :-)

I thought #6 was easier on my eyes but looking back I am torn between #3 and #6. The appearance of alternating font size and/or leading is distracting me.

I'll change the leading when I finalize the font. I was too lazy to do so for the purpose of this poll, lol. I'll keep the font sizes the same too, in the various speech bubbles. :-)

Thanks for the input!!

Thank you so much for all the votes and comments! I may end up using BOTH fonts (3 and 6). One for the comic portions of the book and one for the regular text pages. My personal preference is 6, but so many people preferred font 3 for the readability and I think that's an important consideration. I may use font #3 for the comic pages and 6 for the regular text pages. I'm leaning towards using font #3 for the comics as some of the print gets pretty small and font #6 for the text pages (without comics). I'm going to be working on it today!

Thanks again!! All of your feedback has been so valuable to me!

3 and 6 are my favorites, but I found 3 to be jarring in the comic. It looked like "oh, hey , I'm trying to pretend to be a fun, friendly way to learn, but I'm really an uptight teacher who will ruin your fun in the end."

It is possible that I think about these things too much.